[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to come out of depression in a single moment or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: allalone.jpg (68 KB, 500x481) Image search: [Google]
allalone.jpg
68 KB, 500x481
Is it possible to come out of depression in a single moment or have I snapped? I got through possibly the most painful phone call of my whole life and couldn't stop myself from crying at the end. Then out of nowhere I just felt good, hope or genuine confidence who knows I just stopped feeling crippled by all of the out of my control shit that ate away at me.

Maybe this isn't the place to ask but if true words can make you wish you were never born, could they cure someone of some really deeply manifested depression and anxiety?
>>
Sry i hate jews and got a clue of world - politics im Not a dacta
>>
>>24954776
Never been really depressed.

There really is a lot of evil in the world, but I sort of learned to be happy and angry at the same time, if you know what I mean. I'm still alive, and no one is controlling my actions so my successes, rare as they may be, and my failures are still mine alone.

I have been in some deep shit, but just remembering those two things can make a huge difference in outlook.
>>
>>24954856
I can't really describe the source of my outlook with a logical thought, but hearing a selfish horny bitch tell me I was never worth anything to her and I lost my only friends for nothing made me feel like I have potential. I might be schizo or something and if it happened to anyone idk why they'd be here I just have only really connected my emotional process with someone else's here.
>>
>>24954974
I thought of a poem that might apply, I'll see if I can find it.
>>
Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses
your understanding.

Even as the stone of the fruit must break, that its
heart may stand in the sun, so must you know pain.

And could you keep your heart in wonder at the
daily miracles of your life, your pain would not seem
less wondrous than your joy;

And you would accept the seasons of your heart,
even as you have always accepted the seasons that
pass over your fields.

And you would watch with serenity through the
winters of your grief.

Much of your pain is self-chosen.

It is the bitter potion by which the physician within
you heals your sick self.

Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy
in silence and tranquillity:

For his hand, though heavy and hard, is guided by
the tender hand of the Unseen,

And the cup he brings, though it burn your lips, has
been fashioned of the clay which the Potter has
moistened with His own sacred tears.

Khalil Gibran
>>
File: pepeglee.jpg (25 KB, 480x424) Image search: [Google]
pepeglee.jpg
25 KB, 480x424
>>24955133
Thank you.

I by no means believe I have it all figured out, but for the first time in months I feel happy, but more importantly it has redefined what I call "alright". Nothing got better but I see myself being able to avoid more failure, at least in such a negative chaotic form.
>>
>>24954776
It's just that crying is very cathartic.

Usually when I cry a lot, like scream and weep and sob I fell better.

But not always.
>>
I believe in the afterlife, so the moment before death, is, to me, either the most beautiful or most horrifying point of your life, depending on who you were and how you lived.

You aren't a finished product until you're dead. Until then your life is an unwritten book.
>>
>>24955640
I can see where you're coming from, but a big part of my realization was how unimportant an individual human is in the grand picture. I see no comfort or reward in death and still debate whether I think death should exist (I believe no one deserves to die, and we could prevent it all together with a progressive enough humanity, but I think there could be negatives even if those who choose religion still live their life and die as they please), but before saw it as a way of preventing my negative impact on others that so consistently is relationship killing.
>>
File: 1449177052274.png (515 KB, 612x478) Image search: [Google]
1449177052274.png
515 KB, 612x478
>>24954776
Were those things sposed to be niggers?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.