[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else here have thin walls? >parents wake up at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: tmp_13698-th(9)-1441526427.jpg (3 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13698-th(9)-1441526427.jpg
3 KB, 160x160
Does anyone else here have thin walls?

>parents wake up at 7
>kitchen is under my room
>hear fridge and microwave doors closing non stop
>one parents leaves at 7 the other at 2
>my dad who stays home later tends to run around the house a lot stomping and fucking around in the kitchen

Fuck guys I don't want to be a whine ass but I already have enough problems with sleep anxiety and depression draining me I literally feel like shit without 12 hours of good sleep. I try earplugs but I have an alarm set and I can't hear and sometimes I can't sleep with them in. I have a fan running but I don't like to crank it hip to fill speed all night and I hate the feeling of cold wind all night long because it gives me dandruff and dry as fuck flaky skin.
>>
I hope your dick falls off.
>>
>>24954708
Why?

You're a fucking faggot
>>
>>24954678
you made pretty much the same fucking thread like a week ago you bitch ass cunt and that other Anon is right your dick should fall off.
>>
Stop making this thread, faggot. Maybe you should get a job.
>>
>>24954678
If you need to sleep 12 hours then you should kill yourself because there's something biologically wrong with you
>>
>>24954764
There's something wrong with all of us that's why you all get ssi

>>24954756
What's your job? Inb4 I make 180k as a software developer
>>
>>24954837
I make 180k as a software developer.
>>
>>24954678
12 hours of sleep? Get a grip you fucking NEET.
>>
>>24954902
I've always been like this 10 hrs is ok 8 works if I only do it once every few weeks 12 hours is my magic number if I go to sleep at 3 I wake up at 2:42
>>
>>24954678
I had that problem once op. If you have a little money buy some isolating sound foam and pad whatever area the most noise comes from it helps a lot. Also create a lot of white noise like get two loud fans and put one near the problem area and one near where you sleep
>>
>>24954925
You need to see a Doctor. This isn't normal.
>>
>>24954994
So does that foam shit just go up against a wall or on a floor? Do you think if I add that shit and get a high up bed stand so I'm far away from the floor it'll make a good difference?
>>
>>24955031
seal your door too maybe
>>
>>24955031
Oh I didn't see that it the floor was the noise that makes things a little difficult. Yeah it will help but it's not meant to be walked on its the stuff they use in sound studios. I mean if you can put some above the kitchen and it not be in your way go for it. But the best cheapest option is create a lot of white noise like fans, TV, anything you won't pay much attention too
>>
the house that im living in now was like reuprosed with temporary walls so i hear everything. my roomate from singapore is always on the phone screaming things like "ching chow ho ho". i hear my other roommate fart and clear his throat all day/night. i dont mind that much but its just annoying when im trying to read something confusing. also i hate the way azns languages sound. unless they are from glorius nipon
>>
>>24955087
That doesn't keep you up?

>>24955082
Well it might help cause I'm attached to my parents room too and I hear a lot of noise from their room to so that might help
>>
File: 1406321702143.png (119 KB, 684x576) Image search: [Google]
1406321702143.png
119 KB, 684x576
>constantly afraid of every single loud noise
>people having conversations right outside my window that I can hear every word of
>housemates keep stomping really hard every time they go up the stairs
>people yelling at each other in the apartments next to mine, above mine, and out on the street
>hear gunshots all the time
>alarms go off at untimely hours

why do I pay $700 a month for this shithole?
>>
>>24955111
no i sleep really heavily.

have you ever wondered if you have sleeping problems? 12 hours is alot maybe theres something wrong and that is why you are easily woken up.

fuck hes in the kitchen now "ho ho mung tai bon tao ti"
>>
>>24955148
What city m80 you can probably rent a room or a pool house in some old ladies house where its quiet as fuck

>>24955189
Yeah I'm actually getting scared about being too fucked up to work. I used to have horrible insomnia so in school I only slept 3-4 hours a night and I think I ruined my body. Lately I've been sleeping deep as fuck when I actually can fall asleep and my dreams have been so fucking vivid and real its scary
>>
>>24955285
I live in PhiIly, there aren't a lot of places like that.
>>
>>24954678
thinking about getting earplugs too because my dog is barking and it's loud as fuck and makes me fucking jump and it takes ages until the adrenalin wears off so that i can sleep again.

for your alarm problem i can recommend to just use a smartphone with vibration alarm and put it under your pillow. the vibration will be transmitted through your skullbones so it will always sound the same even with earplugs.
>>
File: 1439838535306.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1439838535306.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>24954678
>Have spergers
>It's okay because my I have poor hearing and constantly have a blocked up nose
>Constantly irritated by the slightest touch so I wear a lot of comfy autism wear
>Hearing improves as I go up
>Can hear people talking outside of my house can hear my dog yawning while I'm try to sleep
>Can hear my dog yawning while I'm trying to sleep
>Keep hear the crumbs under by keyboard crack while I type on my keyboard
>Can hear water drops falling from taps
>Can hear the blood flowing through my brain
>Nose is still constantly blocked up so I'm still permanently irritated.

I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANY FUCKING MORE. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO CONCENTRATE WITH ALL THIS FUCKING STIMULATION.

It's even worse because my dad and my brother are both semi pro super aggressive and loud boxers and I'm an autistic fantasy/math nerd with zero ability to act in the moment

It's great that I have amazing senses and all but jesus christ it's too much to take in. Hopefully I'll get used to it.
>>
>>24955303
Yeah that's shit I thought philly was supposed to be cheaperish
>>
>>24954925
OP do you take caffeine by any chance? even if it's just small amounts which might seem to not have a big effect on you?

i found that when i stop taking caffeine i require less sleep. it might not prevent you from falling asleep, but it inhibits your regeneration during sleep a bit so you need more hours of sleep.
>>
>>24955346
Actually the crash off caffeine and shit makes me sleep way better

If I do Ritalin or adderall I crash 4 hours later and sleep fucking perfect. I do go days on end without caffeine though
>>
>>24955370
alright, so you DO take caffeine

>hur dur the crash of caffeine makes me more tired

no shit you idiot, but the rest of caffeine still has effects on the system that allows your body to regenerate while in your sleep. while you might be more tired and fall faster as sleep, your sleep will be of less quality and you need more time to regenerate.

>even takes ritalin and adderal
LOL

seriously stop the fucking stimulants alltogether and you see your junkiebody will require less sleep. trust me man i speak from experience. without caffeine crash i dont fall asleep as easily but the sleep is more regenerating. fgt.
>>
>>24955399
I get prescribed Ritalin and I go weeks on end all the time without doing any my biggest problem with sleeping is just my anxiety

I barely drink caffeine too
>>
>>24955421
have u tried sleep aids? u should get ambien if u stay awake of a few of them u get trippy af.

but yeah it seems like its not ur living situation but your sleeping problems. see a doctor. meditating helps me sleep good luck friendo:^)
>>
>>24955421
>i get prescribed ritalin
so what? i got prescribed ritalin too. stopped taking it, best decision of my life.
>>
>>24955493
>not his living situation
more likely because he's a poor manchild NEET who starts to realize that there's more to life than creating enjoy your monday normie threads.
>>
>>24955493
how does one even get prescribed ambien? aren't you only supposed to be on that for like a month? feels like you gotta be over 30 to get any drugs from the doctor, because otherwise they think you're a drug seeker.
>>
>>24955494
>stopped taking it, best decision of my life.
Why? For me the opposite is true.
>>
>ambien
Google 'ambien cancer'
>>
>>24955728
what do you even need it for if you're a NEET
>>
>>24955738
>le study
when you think about it, it's more likely that the lifestyle those people led caused the cancer. i mean if your life is so shitty that you need sleeping pills to be able to sleep then of course you'll get cancer. if they didnt take the pills they'd probably get it as well.
>>
>>24954678
>kitchen is under my room
do you live in the cellar? because i haven't heard of a kitchen being upstairs
>>
>>24955740
To stop being a NEET. It actually gives you motivation to do shit.
My entire life I thought I have no motivation/energy because of some depression. Nope, turns out it's just ADD and that's why I was a NEET.
>>
>>24955738
People drink diet soda and smoke cigarettes no one cares anymore
>>
File: 1439086867150.gif (473 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
1439086867150.gif
473 KB, 500x283
>work night shift, get home at 8:45 am
>takes me forever to fall asleep
>the slightest disturbances will keep me up unless I've been drinking
>neighbor's kids are homeschooled
>they loudly play outside from 9 am until noon
>>
>>24955815
Wew lad same here

Neighbors run a daycare and their dog barks. I moved my room to the other side of the house away from the road so I'm facing my property instead of all the other houses

>>24955493
Its my living situation
>>
>>24955838
I'm already in the most noise-insulated room of the house. In the basement, right next to the closet with the water heater. As much as their kids keep me up, I need the water heater to even fall asleep. The worst part of dealing with their kids is that once I'm out, I sleep like a brick. If those kids stayed inside an hour longer I'd already be out for the day.
>>
>>24955303
>gunshots all the time

Is it really that bad?
>>
>>24955807
i can actually relate. i used to get ritalin too as a kid for adhd. i used to spend, and still spend my days dreaming about shit and listening to music. i dropped out of highschool so i can be glad that i got a job at all. however, i can't relate to the depression part. just listening to music and dreaming is enough to feel happy again for me.

however, ritalin did not motivate me to study for school.
>>
>>24955913
Well I live in West Philly. Fishtown and Kensington are even worse. But there are plenty of neighborhoods without gunshots.
>>
stop living in the basement during the winter then

and do what he does in the middle ofthe night run and stomp around the house while they sleep see how they like it
>>
>live in basement during winter
>less sunlight and shit
>mood is exactly the same, good to euphoric
do vitamins and shit have an effect on my body at all?
>>
>>24955952
I sleep in a room upstairs and every time I try to be loud my mom screams at me

>>24955943
In the barber shop in philly nigga had me uncomfortable I won't argue
>>
>>24955966
Generally no its all happiness and mood

I know people who stay thin and healthy as fuck without ever easng real food just gummy worms and chips and do drugs all day and then people who are miserable gain weight dieting
>>
>>24955923
>study for school
True. I doubt it would've helped during the worst of my NEET years, and I only got it after I bootstrapped myself out of NEETitude.
But it still would have given me power to do stuff I didn't have the motivation for back then but would have actually desired. Like working on your anime backlog, reading, cleaning your den, etc.
Step by step your outlook and mood would improve (without shitty, scammy SSRIs. Seriously fuck those pills) because you learn that you actually can get ahead in life, even if it's just something inane like said anime backlog. Even that can be regarded as "getting ahead" with your life goals.
And then, one day, you notice that you actually do feel like going back to school or getting a job and moving out of your mom's.
>>
>>24956102
>And then, one day, you notice that you actually do feel like going back to school or getting a job and moving out of your mom's.
and how old were you at that day?

seriously i got a job and all, but atm i feel like doing nothing else than be alone at home and listen to music ._. highly autistic.

i wonder if the years and years of ritalin as a child which the jewdocs prescribed me fucked my brain.
>>
Yeah, I live with a roommate and I tend to be up really late while he goes to bed at a normal hour. Our rooms share a thin wall and any noise from the kitchen can be heard pretty well too. I can't do anything after eleven except sit in front of my computer or read because the noises disturb his sleep. It's really fucking annoying, I'm used to living alone and doing stuff when it suits me.
>>
>>24956140
>>24956140
bump pls respond i'm really curios

i feel like I'm too old to change desu
>>
>>24954678
>sister comes home from uni
>blares shit nigger tier music from her room
>talks to friends online at night
>has a shit laugh that sounds like choking
>does said laugh at night
>wall connecting out room is plaster

At least she doesn't have a bf at the moment so I don't have to hear her having sex for a while.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.