[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should you have all of your cIasses spread out, say 1 hour apart
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: college-laptop-classroom.jpg (60 KB, 500x246) Image search: [Google]
college-laptop-classroom.jpg
60 KB, 500x246
Should you have all of your cIasses spread out, say 1 hour apart each, or should you put them all together so you can take one after another and be done by noon?
>>
>>24953443
one hour gap is the worst. no time to do anything except wait for class. 2+ hour gap or back yo back only
>>
>>24953525
you could review for the class or something in that 1 hour, couldn't you? Wouldn't that be useful?
>>
>>24953548
Lol you're rarely, if ever, going to want to do that enough to actually do it
>>
File: pauling.png (170 KB, 333x366) Image search: [Google]
pauling.png
170 KB, 333x366
>tfw evening class
>>
>>24953605
>>24953548
>>24953525
>>24953443
>going to school

i wish normies would stop posting on this forum
>>
>>24953630
From everything that I've read, those are the worst things you can do.
>>
>>24953443
Have a gap of some sort, I had 5 lectures in a row and I pretty much slept in the last two, I don't even know why I showed up
>>
File: 1349562727743.gif (938 KB, 250x197) Image search: [Google]
1349562727743.gif
938 KB, 250x197
>>24953708
freshman year i had a fucking 2 hour shakespeare class at 6:00pm

thankfully it was one semester and one day a week, but god damn
>>
>>24953443
take classes as late as possibly offered, and take only 2 classes a day back to back MW and TuTh
>>
Why show up at all?
>>
>>24953443
I like to have my classes all lined up so I can just get them out of the way and then go to work or go home.

This quarter was a bitch though since I was taking 21 credits and none of the classes really lined up so I had a bunch of weird breaks between classes.

The only reason I see to have your classes spread out is to have some down time between classes so you don't get burnt out.

As a senior, here are some words of advice
>don't take 5 or more classes
>try not to take the maximum number of credits your university allows
>don't take classes that sound cool, but aren't relevant to your major or gen eds
>declare early and get started on intro classes for your major early
>either get your gen eds out of the way early or leave them for your junior/senior years so you have those years easy
>avoid early (7:00am or 8:00am) classes unless you live on or near campus
>avoid evening classes if you live off campus
>other than that, either try to take all your classes as late as possible so you can sleep in
>or take all of your classes early and take the rest of the day off
>spread your homework out over a few days
>spread your studying out over a few days
>if you aren't a social fuck up/loser, try to get into study groups

This is all speaking from experience and mistakes I made.
>>
I withdrew from my uni and am now returning. Do I have to go to the new student orientation bullshit that I already went to last year at a different campus? they never sent anything in the mail about it or anything. I still have my ID card that is valid/classes registered etc..
>>
>>24953525
This is very true. I dunno what you study, but in STEM, you'll generally want to solve problems after your lectures, and you'll need more than 1 hour to meaningfully do so.

I would bunch all lectures together in either the morning or the afternoon, then use the rest of the day to work problems. And do get study buddies for that.

But don't choose your classes on the basis of when the lectures are... Choose them for contents. Unless your uni is so big it offers multiple times for the same class.
>>
Trust me, get them ALL over and done with

An hour break is fucking hell, you'll sit around doing absolutely nothing and look like any idiot, just go to all your classes and be done with it
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.