[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it like to own a Dog?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: 4563456.jpg (40 KB, 500x412) Image search: [Google]
4563456.jpg
40 KB, 500x412
Just got back from in patient. Sorry I wasn't able to make these threads for a while.
>>
>these threads

What threads?

Anyway, dogs are pretty dependent. They'll chill out most of the day but you need to walk them, feed them, brush them, bathe them, pick up their poop, take them to the vet, etc.

Its a responsibility. They're friendly and playful though, and will guard you against strangers if properly trained.
>>
File: 20150717_204212.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20150717_204212.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
they're great but then they die eventually and it's horrible

pic related, my dog that died last week
>>
>>24952298
>Just got back from in patient
dog bite?
>>
>>24952298
I was thinking about getting a dog sometime in a future, but i'm afraid i can't take care of it properly, since i can barely take care of myself.
>>
>>24952440
did it die of obesity and untrimmed toenails? take care of your animals.
>>
>>24952494
He had long wicks from years of his previous owner not trimming his nails. When we rescued him, we were told the only way to fix them was via surgery. Unfortunately when we saved him, he was too overweight for surgery (plus pugs are already bad with anesthesia) so he had to live with it.

He lost almost 10 pounds when he was in our custody. He was on a healthy diet and loved snacking on carrots.

Don't be a dick, come on anon.
>>
File: za.jpg (942 KB, 1492x777) Image search: [Google]
za.jpg
942 KB, 1492x777
>>24952440
I feel with you bro, my dogy died the week before last as well. She was the best and most awesome dog in the world.

I miss her so much. Pic related it's her.
>>
they are great but owning them gives you a constant painful feeling of worrying about their eventual death and suffering. Even when they are healthy you will always worry about them.
>>
File: bearded dragon.jpg (58 KB, 960x557) Image search: [Google]
bearded dragon.jpg
58 KB, 960x557
Overrated, get one of these bad boys instead
>>
>>24952622
She looked like an absolute sweetheart. I'm sorry anon. They're probably eating brats' and playing in doggy heaven right now.
>>
>>24952676
Is that Slinks?
>>
File: IMG_20151213_094002511.jpg (365 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151213_094002511.jpg
365 KB, 640x480
It's comfy, got to love them snuggles
>>
>>24952708
Whats slinks?
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (66 KB, 509x679) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
66 KB, 509x679
I would say it is a very rewarding responsibility and relationship, probably one of the most fulfilling friendships I've ever had. Although, that may not be saying all that much. Pic is my dog, who is still quite alive and I will be soon heading home to see :).
>>
>>24952679
Thank you for the kind words, I hope so too. Also she actually was such a sweetheart, children would always come and cuddle her. She loved it and was super careful with them.

>>24952832
I was pretty much in the same situation as you. I stayed at my parent's place every other weekend to visit her. You should cherish the time.
Also I generally agree with everything you just said. When I will move to another place I will definitely get a dog again.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.