[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>those blissful days when a new hyped game would come out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1449988590615.png (54 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
1449988590615.png
54 KB, 500x499
>those blissful days when a new hyped game would come out and you were plunged into a breathtaking adventure that made you forget everything bad...
Those days of old past...
>>
>>24950230

not now

i dont want these feels now
>>
>those days when you'd hop online and pub stomp with your best bros
>>
File: star wars.jpg (202 KB, 1000x419) Image search: [Google]
star wars.jpg
202 KB, 1000x419
>>24950260
Embrace the dark side
>>
>yfw gamergate was a plot to casualise the gaming industry as natural selection pressure against the escapists
>>
>>24950306
Thanks. Makes me remember how all of my old dota team hates me
Thank you. I love this feel.
fuck my life desu
>>
>>24950344
dude i couldn't give less of a fuck about "gamergate"

i can't even believe that's a sorta-real word that people use

i literally can't into vidya like i used to when i was in school. as soon as i got a real job i lost that kind of free time. i can browse internet/shitpost on a few places and that's about it--i spend from 6:30am-4:30pm at work and then come home and spend the rest of my day finishing what i had to do from that day and planning for the next

nobody told me real life was this difficult
>>
>tfw the only thing you look forward to these days is sleeping
>>
>>24950412
>iktfb
one day all my dota pals just stopped playing. we never talk any more, and im the only one who still plays. solo queue makes me sad.
>>
>>24950230
final fantasy 15

it's coming

if i die before it's released i'm gonna be pretty pissed
>>
>>24950626
Try soloqueueing against people you played with
>the anise for having a pinoy team and getting shit on
>>
>>24950655
Abuse*
Dunno where anise came from
>>
you talking about the first Dark Souls game
>>
>>24950498
Calm down dude, you obviously care about games stagnating if you no longer enjoy games.

Sure, most is just natural growing up but some of it is definitely because of the hobby being overtaken by normies like what happened to the internet and then 4chan.

Growing up happens, things changing happens, deal with it. Find a different more adult version of escapism like books, drugs or creating something yourself. Yes, it's difficult to actually have to work for your hobbies but it is what it is.

And it's a sorta-real world because it's a quicker way to say "the feminist movement of equality and safe spaces in videogames" you knew what I meant by it which is why it's sometimes a good word to use.
>>
File: 1298990018997.jpg (35 KB, 346x450) Image search: [Google]
1298990018997.jpg
35 KB, 346x450
We grow older and shit gets realer, deal nigga. Also please let me go back
>>
File: Jason_Hudson_Revelations_BO.png (373 KB, 733x877) Image search: [Google]
Jason_Hudson_Revelations_BO.png
373 KB, 733x877
>>24950230
>When you started WoW late and got to play through 5 expansions of content without stopping
>thinking you can find things no one else has, thinking its a whole new world full of adventure and possibilities
>when you max level after the best months of your life and feel a slight sadness
>another expansion comes out same day because god is real or w/e
>the excitement as you play through 3 brand new raids with old players that find your optimism cute
>when you become as mechanical and bored as everyone else
>when you theorize with stats so often you can see them in every game now
>when you started reading patch notes in games to see minute stat changes
>when you learned programming concepts, now you can see errors and break down game further mentally
>when you start playing serious competitive games like league of legends and legitimately train to get better
>when you finally get gud and feel nothing but empty inside

>the numbers mason, what do they mean?
>>
>>24950737
wait, what. i don't care about games stagnating. games, to me, aren't stagnating. i'm just not in a place anymore where i can play them, ever. my steam account just sits there full of games i don't foresee myself ever touching again

>books
can't read more than a page or two without losing focus. been this way since high school

>drugs
regular drug tests

>creating something yourself
incompetent at manual work, also no interest

but trust me, gamergate is just the stupidest non-issue to me. there's tons of games i would play if i had the time, but i don't.

i'm whining about one thing and you're trying to convince me to be mad about something that i don't give a fuck about. welcome to 2015 4chan i guess
>>
>>24951075
How can you have no time for new hyped games? do you not have any days off?

Your first post implied that your issue was no longer getting immersed in games (implying either you changed or games got worse).
I can't read your mind that your only real issue was time, maybe write your feels better or post in a wagekek thread.
>>
>>24951284
>i literally can't into vidya like i used to when i was in school. as soon as i got a real job i lost that kind of free time. i can browse internet/shitpost on a few places and that's about it--i spend from 6:30am-4:30pm at work and then come home and spend the rest of my day finishing what i had to do from that day and planning for the next

not to get too off topic but my job is such that i will always have work to do at home. weekends are my only "off days" and they're barely even that
>>
>>24950851
>when you start playing serious competitive games like league of legends and legitimately train to get better
>when you finally get gud and feel nothing but empty inside

both of these lines are satire right?
>>
>>24951347
Figured that was coming. Getting to diamond is fucking ridiculous and sucks the fun out of your life entirely. Any game is like that at high level
>>
>>24951623
LOL

Oh, honey.
>>
>>24951652
Yeah that cuts deep. Whatever, only 4 years of grinding for no recognition of skill whatsoever. Im not sure what i was expecting.
>>
>playing MGS V
>doing mission where you get afrikaans interpreter
>whatsapp message
>hey bae
>answer "who is this" continue operating
>it's a stacey
>end convo as fast as possible
>go back to operating

i already beat mgs v and witcher 3 now i will never be able to ignore an emotionally unstable qt for a game I've been waiting for since 2+ years again
>>
>>24951692
That's even worse. I don't know what to say.
>>
>>24951728
Fuck a stacey, a betty has big tits, plays vidya, and conveniently owns paper bags for her face. Stacey BTFO
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.