[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the meaning of life, /r9k/? Please no jokes this time....
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
What is the meaning of life, /r9k/? Please no jokes this time.... We all have to die one day and whatever we accomplish in this life will also die with us, reduced to nothingness. We'll never know about existence of alien life forms, whether they believe in gods .... There's so much to seen in this world but we'll just die without ever experiencing any of these things.... We'll live and die like quintillions before us have, and after us will. So what's the point of anything? What's the point of not doing drugs, living life according to a moral code ..when nothing's gonna matter??
>>
the meaning of life is to not be a wagekek, OP. the only way you'll accomplish finding alien life, the meaning of god, or even being able to do drugs without getting keked by your boss requires being a NEET
>>
https://youtu.be/ig6X3-9wxlI
>>
>>24950247
Fuck that was beautiful. Thanks anon
>>
>>24950223
Stfu fgt go suk a dik fag
>>
You identify with yourself, a temporary system doomed to fail from inception. Identify instead with the uncaused cause of all reality and claim your one true identity

That which was never born can never die

You are the illusion
>>
File: 1447373361171.jpg (31 KB, 540x264) Image search: [Google]
1447373361171.jpg
31 KB, 540x264
>>24950184
ask a better question; whats the meaning of your life?

you have ~29200-24 hour days on this planet to observe and live

if you want to be a stupid pothead and waste that time using drugs when you could be helping someone else, go for it. Morals are man made but it feels good to be a decent human being. People often like to complain about not having self esteem and i giggle on the inside because they are doing nothing they find esteem-able. Most people with healthy (key word: healthy) self esteem do not use drugs and live boring, mostly selfless, lives

its all personal anon, thats all.
>>
maybe the whole point is to die, this is just preparation
>>
>>24951707
and if your life has no meaning it does not mean everyone elses life does not have meaning.
Your life is literally just as insignificant as theirs in every aspect.

A lot of people, especially on here, like to say they are better than someone else. Thinking this way means you know absolutely nothing. We all have ~29200 earth days to live which is nothing compared to how old the earth is or the age of the universe. We are all made from the same matter. We are all significantly insignificant in the exact same way therefore we are all the same. We all live and die.

>also nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger dumb robots normie tb.h famalam
>>
>>24950184
Death
The point of living is to die nothing more nothing less
>>
>>24950184
What is meaning of stone or meaning of fotons or neutrons or cat? Exactly same meaning as the life
>>
File: fat fag.jpg (151 KB, 723x989) Image search: [Google]
fat fag.jpg
151 KB, 723x989
>>24950184
To become enlightened
>>
I have thought for this for a while and there are 2 possiblities, i think.
1: that we look at every species the same way, not regarding sentience or self-awareness. In this case, we would have the same purpose as all lifeforms: spread out and trying to prolong the end of our lifes with the help of survival instincts as long as possible.
A more transcendent aim in this scenario would be to ultimately overcome death, wich is a paradox, since death is half of the core concept of nature and the universe. Breaking the cycle of life and death would be the ultimate goal and a lifeform wich achieved that would probably "win" the game of life, aka "the meaning of life".

2: We conisder and acnowledge, that not all lifeforms are equal, wich is a very human, subjective concept but more individualistic and easier for an individual to identify with.
In this concept, the purpose of life might be to progress oneself to become the best possible version of yourself. What the best possible version is, is not defined but it might involve some sort of final satisfaction with oneself, maybe trough your chasing your childhood idols, surpassing them in wisdom or skill and become great. Or reaching some sort of enlightenment at some point, where you are really completely sure that you have found your place in life.
>>
>>24952077
its 2 because beating death is a meme. Its a great concept but because it is a paradox and nature/the universe usually takes the easy way, 2 makes more sense.
>>
File: 1445470025501.png (286 KB, 889x592) Image search: [Google]
1445470025501.png
286 KB, 889x592
Why does it need meaning?
For me I just want to know. I feel like I should fervently pursue immortality or living as long as possible studying philosophy. However many days I wish I wouldn't wake up. It doesn't feel worth it. It feels like some arbitrary mess. All roads seem to lead nowhere. Even if I were to pursue immortality it's highly unlikely I'd achieve it. I could go for something biological and it turns out to be technological. Even if I don't she it wouldn't stop me from getting BTFO by a bus or humanity being wiped out by an unforeseen comet. If I were to upload my consciousness to a computer and it could replicate it that wouldn't be me. Then again this principle is terrifying when you apply it to your current self and the you that was 2 years ago
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.