[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember Gangnam Style? Remember when that was a thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: gundam.jpg (27 KB, 620x341) Image search: [Google]
gundam.jpg
27 KB, 620x341
Remember Gangnam Style?

Remember when that was a thing?
>>
Sorry what's that?
Haven't been up to date with things like these
>>
>>24949153
It was a gook chimping out for a song that's all
>>
>most popular song in history
>already forgotten meme
Kek normies iz dum
>>
>>24949153
Catchy song by Korean popstar from 2012.

Got like 10 billion views on Youtube and spawned hundreds of cringey spoofs.
>>
Remember the Harlem Shake?

http://www.spi0n.com/harlem-shake-poop/
>>
Remember KONY2012

Remember how they stopped all the bad things in Africa because of it?
>>
2012 was a good year
>>
Remember the Ice Bucket Challenge?

Remember how they cured cancer or AIDS or whatever just by getting facebook likes?
>>
Do you guys remember the fall of Rome?
>>
>>24949564
This did raise a lot of money, it's an example of an internet sensation that actually did what it claimed to.
>>
>>24949499
>I made a post on normiebook about how stupid Kony 2012 was at the time that it got big
>had like 10 normies getting buttmad at me
>not even a week later everyone figured out that it was a big sham.
I entered a realm beyond smug
>>
There's no way this was 3 years ago...
What the hell
>>
File: 1444862179139.jpg (87 KB, 640x633) Image search: [Google]
1444862179139.jpg
87 KB, 640x633
>>24949499
>On March 15, 2012, at the height of the Kony 2012 video's viral popularity, San Diego police detained Russell for psychiatric evaluation during a public breakdown that was filmed and released online. In the video, a naked man alleged to be Russell, is seen hitting the ground, yelling and vandalizing cars.[22]
>>
>>24949499
I think that shit was a test by CIA to see a) just how gullible westeners are and if they will eat up feelgoody propaganda if presented right and b) how they can abuse social media. It was never meant to succeed and this >>24950689 was probably staged to make it seem more bogus.

Notice today how people eat up that faux Anonymous video shit. The government wants us to believe something is being done to protect us when we all know who's funding ISIS.
>>
>>24949195
What the fuck was the Kony thing even about? I hardly remember it happening. I think that was the week I was binge-watching Lost.
>>
>>24950936
>how gullible westeners are and if they will eat up feelgoody propaganda if presented right

Intelligent people have realized just how gullible the average person is since the dawn of time, they don't need to "test" it.
>>
>Gangnam releases new single
>for some reason the news reports on it
>female friend asks me if i've heard it
>listen to it
>"well???"
>"desu, it sounds exactly like the last one he did"

that's all pop music is. people kissing major ass over nothing. it's so sensational that it's hard to believe it's that sensational.
>>
File: click-on-uganda.jpg (44 KB, 459x586) Image search: [Google]
click-on-uganda.jpg
44 KB, 459x586
>>24950961
There was a Ugandan warlord named Joseph Kony who kidnapped children to fight in his "Lord's Resistance Army", some Christian terrorist organization.

The thing is, the conflict was mostly over by 2012, and a lot of people think Kony might be dead.

This organization called Invisible Children started a campaign to find Kony, to help rescue them chilluns. There were a lot of issues about exactly how the money was being used, and whether these idiots actually knew anything about the situation in Uganda. I think the Invisible Children charity was prosecuted.
>>
>>24949141
You mean Gundam Star.
>>
Remember Herman Cain?
9-9-9!
>>
Remember the Armenian genocide?
>>
Remember when there was this huge earthquake and tsunami in Japan and they had a nuclear meltdown?
>>
Remember that dress and how God damn stupid normies are for not understanding that people have different brightness and contrast settings then they do?
>>
>>24949141
I literally still haven't watched it. Yall a bunch of normies following the trends.
>>
Yes, I'm grateful because it led to the creation of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwYcdPQv048

Thank you based PSY.
>>
>>24953353
Jesus that got bad, it even made it onto the radio and newspapers
>>
>>24953401
I never learned how to pronounce his name.

Is is each letter "PEE, ESS, WHY"
or like the thing Psyduck says when he's confused and tilts his head?
>>
I like this version of Gangnam more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6ZSZbNfSpk
>>
http://www.9buz.com/content/uploads/images/August2014/3ec1b4bf4fbcabd5ead9ca95bfaa78f1.jpg
>>
>>24953447
I think it's "sigh".

P.S.Y. would just sound stupid(er).
>>
crayon pop runs this shit
>>
Ya'll niggers underage. Fucking normalfags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HR4hp_-kSI
>>
lol my half brothers elementary school sang this song and danced to it at one of those school music nights
>>
>>24950978
And secret services have been manipulating people for a long time as well. But they needed to test out this specific method of doing it (social media) and that's probably what that was. Sounds believable to me because the whole premise of it was so outlandish - catching that guy would've accomplished nothing and this should've been obvious to everyone.
>>
I just wonder what the next stupid trend is. I blame planking and all that shit for the amount of degeneracy of today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VDLPiEdp74
>>
>>24955558
We need to trick normies, like the fire challenge.

Ok, so the next big thing is, the "jump off an overpass challenge"
>>
>>24955558
>>24955826
How many button cells can you eat challenge
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.