[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
those stupid fantasies you have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8
File: 1425691669748-0.jpg (21 KB, 320x302) Image search: [Google]
1425691669748-0.jpg
21 KB, 320x302
>tfw i will never be a saloon owner in 1878 Oklahoma
>i will never have a double barrel shotgun under the bar that i can pull on unruly patrons
>i can never run a secret brothel upstairs
>Clint Eastwood will never buy whiskey from me
>Clint Eastwood will never be my friend
>will never be avenged by Clint Eastwood when i'm inevitably killed by some lunatic in my bar
i don't need to be the hero of the story, i just want to be apart of it
>>
>Will never be a CalArts animation student that has a circle of quirky friends that eventually make a hit cartoon series.

well, fug.
>>
File: 57754.jpg (34 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
57754.jpg
34 KB, 400x400
>i will never go back in time, either to the renascence or the 50's
>i wont get to take credit for massively popular songs and live on in history as a musical genius

why live?
>>
>>24948743
That's pretty fucking obscure, but just autistic enough to make me laugh.
>>
>>24948802
i think about this all the time
>>
>>24948799
At least this is theoretically possible in our time period.

>>24948802
If you can't spell Renaissance you probably wouldn't be a big part of the Renaissance.

>>24948805
Western fantasies and Clint Eastwood movies aren't really obscure.
>>
File: 1442970740075.png (312 KB, 601x595) Image search: [Google]
1442970740075.png
312 KB, 601x595
>I will never live in the early 70's and be a drug runner making millions of dollars a week flying cocaine into Florida.
>>
File: LPIJAsZ[1].png (331 KB, 680x684) Image search: [Google]
LPIJAsZ[1].png
331 KB, 680x684
>tfw I'll never be a party official who is there when the proletariat overthrows the bourgeoisie
>tfw we'll never drag the rich from their homes and shoot them in the streets
>tfw I'll never fight and die for the motherland.
>>
>tfw I will never be a mech pilot
>tfw I will never be a space pilot flying through the galaxy
>tfw I will never be an intergalactic explorer
>>
File: 1440171758993.gif (1 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1440171758993.gif
1 MB, 540x540
>will never be able to go back to my late teens, early 20's.
>will never be able to correct all the insanely stupid mistakes I made, get back all the time I wasted on pointless time wasting activities that aren't even interesting enough to be called hobbies.
>will never be able to move into a house with a bunch of my friends and just be crazy kids with only a shared rent to worry about.
>will never work with my friends to create a small business, or make a web series, or just have fun gaming and playing tabletop rpgs together.

Now I'm in my late 20's, no friends, mediocre job, and no hope for the future. My best years are behind me, and they weren't even that great. Youth is truly wasted on the young.
>>
File: GreenGrassLawnsInnaDesert.jpg (876 KB, 923x731) Image search: [Google]
GreenGrassLawnsInnaDesert.jpg
876 KB, 923x731
> tfw i will never be asked to dream up a new city system
> simple things like every house having fire suppression, carbon monoxide detectors, and water purifiers as standard features won't happen because of that
> give every society on the planet the same potential quality of life, employment, etc
> really try to make city match local environment and be in harmony with it, etc
but i know that in reality
> watch places self-destruct from internal causes anyways
> amerifats still fucking fat because abusive captialism and consumerism
> muslims still utter shits to each other, cities turn to bombed out wrecks inside of 10 years
> chinese start civil war boogaloo because their government starts to hate how outside their control the people in the new cities are
> etc etc etc
there's really no hope
>>
>i will never kill myself, reawakening with terrible transcendent power
>with each step I take rebirthing the world, my maddened whims leading humanity through a hundred golden ages and a thousand centuries of unity
>with each breath weaving the tapestry anew until only I remain
>>
>>24949423
Do you like playing city sims, or are they not in-depth enough for you? Probably not I reckon.
>>
>I will never see a pure, untouched ore vein
>I will never be able to visit that cave in central europe with the massive quartz crystals
>I will never visit the naica mine to see the gigantic crystals there either
>I will never see a volcanic pipe full of diamonds
>I will never own land in an area with a gold or gemstone deposit
>>
>tfw I will never become the god emperor of humanity, leading the human race to the Golden Path, ensuring 1000 years of peace
>>
File: DwarfFortressGeneral.jpg (35 KB, 653x215) Image search: [Google]
DwarfFortressGeneral.jpg
35 KB, 653x215
>>24949646
> or are they not in-depth enough for you?
> Probably not I reckon.
correct, they don't tell stories and are a more legit autism than even dwarf fortress; sim city is a nice game series, but it's ultimately just a virtual miniatures model where NOTHING happens unless you want it to happen.

in Dwarf Fortress at least there's a game and story element that pushes back.
> Toady fixed sieges in the recent update
> up to 280 enemies vs your fortress guard and traps
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.