[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else /terrifiedoffuture/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: 1449774585411.jpg (220 KB, 1012x1060) Image search: [Google]
1449774585411.jpg
220 KB, 1012x1060
>don't want to go to college but feel like it's the only way to possibly escape permanent wagiedom
>social anxiety makes having an ordinary job challenging
>don't want to be a NEET
>don't want to kill self
>everything i'm interested in has next to no money-making potential
>have no driving passions to pursue
>creeping sense of dread and panic grows stronger every day
>>
I just don't want to be alone, man.
>>
>>24946579
Fuck, OP. You're literally me.

Anyway,
>2 weeks ago
>pick up like 3 job apps
>haven't touched them because I'm so depressed, all I want to do is lie in bed all day
>feel like shit because I know I'm fucking up my future
>tick tock

The ride never ends.
>>
>>24946579
In college currently. Have no friends no matter what I try.

Fuck me.
>>
>>24946707
I was invited to a friends apartment today. They never contacted me with the address and didn't answer my message. I guess they forgot.

Friends used to be so easy
>>
>>24946730
I invited someone to hangout with me tonight. Took a nap, woke up and didn't get a single text. Another lonely saturday night.

Yeah :/
>>
>>don't want to be a NEET
why?
>>
>>24946579
College is very likely going to lead to similar wagiedom until you die.

Unless your parents are rich, you're fucked forever.
>>
>Job ain't paying shit, having trouble finding a second
>One roommate moving out in like two weeks.
>The other is in the hospital and could possibly die
>Have no family or safety net in this state or money to move back home

I gotta figure out something and fast.
>>
>>24946766
i'm practically living a NEET life already and the boredom is killing me. if other people can be content with the NEET lifestyle then i don't have a problem with them, but just filling the free time with music/reading/video games doesn't do it for me

i wanna travel and shit, man
>>
>>24946870
Yeah, fair enough. I'm in the same boat. NEET for four months and I'm starting to get antsy. So many things I can think of that would make me happy, but they cost money.
>>
File: 1446081041435.jpg (36 KB, 482x427) Image search: [Google]
1446081041435.jpg
36 KB, 482x427
>>24946682
>read this post
>look over at the untouched job app I have on my desk that I picked up like two months ago
>>
>>24946579
Don't go to college OP unless you're sure you can commit. I thought the same thing as you but my depression and anxiety only worsened as time went on. Now I'm 7k USD in debt and about to fail out without a degree.
>>
File: 1449028442633.jpg (19 KB, 480x422) Image search: [Google]
1449028442633.jpg
19 KB, 480x422
>>24946673
>>24946682
>>24946707
>>24946730
>>24946754
Are you me? It hurts especially bad when you're outside and see other people in they're little cliques and tribes that I will never be a part of.
I was supposed to go to a party today but everyone bailed. My first girlfriend lost interest in me because I'm uninteresting and inexperienced with women.
I was starting to get real depressed again so walked around my neighborhood for three hours trying to cheer myself up but it didn't work.

Why can't anything be easy?
>>
File: 1449626842566.png (39 KB, 633x973) Image search: [Google]
1449626842566.png
39 KB, 633x973
>graduate college

now what?
>>
>social anxiety preventing me from finishing school or getting a job
>i've thought about killing myself before but decided i won't do it unless it comes to worst
>i want to just have a comfy life, making a living at home and not being pressured to do anything
>despite my social anxiety i sometimes go to concerts / parties with friends and can occasionaly get social when i'm super drunk
>ive been working out for a few months now to improve my self-esteem, i feel like when i reach a certain point of attractiveness i will be able to overcome my social anxiety

I'm really scared of the future, I don't expect much of life though, and that's the only thing that keeps me going. It's looking pretty grim right now but I do have hope.
>>
File: 1445968547927.png (293 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1445968547927.png
293 KB, 633x758
>the only shit I'm interested in doing is barred to me because I'm just too fucking autistic to function socially
>interviewer literally told me that it was weird I don't have any friends and haven't had a gf yet and that he would look into a different field if he was me

Why am I here? Just to suffer?
>>
>>24947067
What the fuck man? What job was it for?
>>
>>24946579

>quit my retail slavejob earlier in the year for an internship
>internship says they will keep me on and after the other interns leave I stay on because I know the job
>only stay 2 weeks extra and get let go
>mfw I've been without a job for 3 months now savings dwindling
>mfw I cant afford christmas gifts this year
>mfw my mom has been paying for my food just so I can pay rent
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>24946579
i'm 27. i've felt everything you've described, anon.

>don't want to go to college but feel like it's the only way to possibly escape permanent wagiedom
search monster, careerbuilder, indeed, etc. for open jobs you want to do. make notes of the requirements. try to put together a degree plan based on that list. check out 2-year degrees, tech schools, and trade schools. also, online courses. it will take a bit of research and time. but it's 100% worth it. just remember that. some form of higher ed is almost mandatory. NOT necessarily a 4-year college though.
>>
>>24947216
>social anxiety makes having an ordinary job challenging
"workplace culture" is a thing. this place i worked at one time paid $14/hour for menial, desk-monkey type work. but it was for a multinational corporation. and promotions were primarily from within. everyone was trying to prove that they were the strongest. i decided that i could not thrive in that sort of environment. so i left. conversely... i worked for a smaller company. about 20 employees total. made $13/hr. it was heaven. everyone was chill. i just listened to youtube everyday while doing my work. find a workplace culture that you can enjoy.

>don't want to be a NEET
that's a good feeling. it just means you want to do ok for yourself. channel that into your job search. channel it into asking yourself questions, and then finding answers. that feeling means you're going to be just fine.

>don't want to kill self
literally normal

>everything i'm interested in has next to no money-making potential
you don't need that much money to survive. and as far as retirement, just try to stay a few dollars per hour above minimum wage. at that point, most employers have a retirement plan ready-made for you. and you get there by building up a few years of solid experience. once you have 3-4 years of full-time work, employers will ask: anon, why should we give you this job? or anon, where do you see yourself? that's when you say "i've been working to build up a solid experience base. i want to show that i'm an employee who's in for the long haul." boom. instant better paying jobs.
>>
>>24946579
My ideal career has shit pay, will require a masters degree, possibly a PhD, gets little respect, and has fewer job openings every year. Why did i decide to be a band director?
>>
>>24947234
>have no driving passions to pursue
do you like helping people? do you like fixing things? do you like cooking? do you like teaching children? do you like writing? check out things related to what you like. and it doesn't necessarily have to be within some organizational type thing. when i was 20, i taught kids at my church to play guitar. no money, no scheduled lessons. just when they wanted me to show them stuff. i'd say focus on a solid job first, and then once you get that going, figure out something you're excited to do.

>creeping sense of dread and panic grows stronger every day
just relax. if all else fails, there's unemployment money. or parents. just remember to stay active. take a break every now and then. but get back to activity. if nothing else, we're here for you. make a thread. we'll answer your questions. roommates. car questions. it's whatever, famarama.
>>
The worst part is, it seems like everything I look into ends up being a dead end. I've been looking into programming and toying with idea of just becoming a codemonkey and maybe trying to freelance in the future, but then everyone tells me my job will just get stolen by Indians and that the compsci degree I was interested in is pointless

Everyone says that you need to stick with something and not give up immediately, but when you're not passionate about anything and you have no idea what's a worthwhile thing to stick with, it's really fucking hard
>>
File: 1449796090528.jpg (57 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1449796090528.jpg
57 KB, 645x773
>>24947216
>>24947234
>>24947264
thank you kind anon. i rarely hear good advice that actually makes sense and isn't just "follow your dreams dude" or "it doesn't matter what for, just go to college"
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.