[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i generally consider myself an agnostic, but after watching some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
i generally consider myself an agnostic, but after watching some horrible gore murder stuff just now on another board, i truly don't think it can be possible that god is real? why would a god allow such things? how can karma possibly be real?

i saw a girl get beaten and burned to death in front of a crowd. i'm white and have simple "first world problems" and am safe in my apartment. why am i protected and she wasnt? why is most of the world completely fucked up? how is anything this terrible a "lesson" lol?
>>
>>24942217
it's like when people say everything is gods will, when innocent little kids die of cancer when their parents are nice people and don't deserve it, let alone the kid.
>>
>babby's first consideration of the problem of evil
>>
>>24942311

it isn't my first time, but i havent seen gore for a while and it made me upset. so naturally i come to /r9k/ for answers
>>
>>24942217
Imagine a world without evil or sin in any form. Wouldn't make sense for god to prevent only great acts of evil, like war and shit, so lets assume god kills the devil and nothing bad ever happens again. Think about that world for a second.
>>
>>24942217
How do we know he's a good God? How do we know he's not indifferent to our suffering and the world is like a science project to him?
>>
you've already figured out the answer, op. there is no reason for it. as much as I hate to sound like a fedora, there is no god. accept it, and live your life as well as you can. that's all you can do.
>>
The dirty slut deserved it desu.
>>
>>24942217
>i saw a girl get beaten and burned to death in front of a crowd.

Link to post?
>>
>>24942217

the world being fucked up does not rule out the possibility of a god existing. Not that I'm implying one does. Just that if some vastly omnipotent being were to exist, would Human concepts of fairness not be irrelevant to a being that is essentially beyond humanities field of perception? just saying. I don't really believe in a god necessarily, but I always thought this argument against a deity's existence was pretty flawed and humano-centric
>>
>>24942217
>i generally consider myself an agnostic
If you still have obvious questions like "if God is real why do bad things happen?" then you clearly haven't given it much thought yet and you shouldn't go around calling yourself an anything.
>>
File: ravi.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ravi.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
You say, how can there be a God if evil exists, let me ask you a question.

If you say there is such a thing as evil, aren't you saying there is such a thing as good?

If you say there are such things as good and evil, aren't you saying there exists a moral law by which to differentiate between good and evil?

And if there exists a moral law then doesn't that mean there is also a moral law giver?

But he is the one you are trying to disprove!
>>
>i generally consider myself an agnostic

An Agnostic what?

You're not one of those imbeciles who thinks Agnosticism is a middle-man/mutually-exclusive... right? Imbeciles that think that don't still exist, do they?
>>
Jesus literaily rose from the dead. Believe in him and you will have eternal life.
>>
Post sauce plz
>>
File: Arevakhach.jpg (321 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Arevakhach.jpg
321 KB, 900x900
Armenian Pagan here, from a heathen's perspective we see it as the gods don't really interfere with our physical world. They have their own shit going on and they want us to fix our own problems instead of praying and begging them to do it for us.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.