[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I have strong, visceral hatred against tattoos? I instantly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10
File: 1436453218775.jpg (50 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1436453218775.jpg
50 KB, 600x600
Why do I have strong, visceral hatred against tattoos? I instantly assume everyone with a tattoo is irresponsible and stupid.
>>
Because they are.
>>
>>24942043
Autism? I dunno.
Personally I don't have any cause I'm too shy and people would ask about them all the time, but I think tastefully done ones with nice artwork are bretty good.
>>
i think tattoos with a meaning are ok
as in, mainly prison tattoos
>>
I, too, share this sentiment. I can't stand tattoos. To me it's defiling your body, your most precious asset. To hipsters it's so deep, artsy fartsy meaningful, sentimental bullshit. To each their own, I suppose. I will never be getting one.
>>
>>24942043
>visceral
because you are a narcissistic pseudo-intellectual.
90% of people with tattoos are retarded though so i'm not sure why you are confused why that's a stereotype. Get some help OP, you shouldn't care about one specific group of retards that much.
>>
Everyone with a tattoo IS irresponsible and stupid.
>>
File: tattoo.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
tattoo.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2560
Judge me guys, this is my one tattoo
>>
I like tattoos generally speaking. I think tattooing as an act is pretty great and tattooing, piercing, etc has pretty deep roots in human history across cultures, so that's pretty compelling.

Most tattoos I see are pretty lame but broadly speaking I would say I like them and many range from cool to beautiful and amazing.

I also have a lot of respect for (skilled) tattoo artists.

>tldr do I like tattoos? Yes with an asterisk
>>
>>24942043
Because it's a permanent life decision that is done for one reason: "it looks cool xD"

Think of other permanent life decisions;
-buying a home
-getting married
-having children
-taking out a loan

All of these decisions take a lot of time and consideration, weighing benefits and drawbacks carefully before coming to a decision. However, all of those things can be a boon to your life (besides marriage lol /meme) if you make the right choice.

A tattoo has the same permanence in your life, but the only good thing that comes from it is "it looks cool haha (:"
Anyone who goes out to get tattoos willy-nilly like it's just another regular day xD is a fucking retard who can't into decision making skills. You take a huge risk of it looking fucking dumb, lose employ-ability instantly, all for relatively little to no reward. The only type of person who makes that decision is a vain retard.
>>
>>24942043
I would only get a tattoo if the following conditions were met:

>Represents extremely important or life changing event personal to you
>Is on an area of the body that can be hidden publically and at a job.
>Is given touch ups so it doesn't look like shit when you're 50.

sadly after those three things are met 95% of people with tattoos have failed.
>>
>>24942110
>To me it's defiling your body, your most precious asset

You're on r9k, where people are litterally decaying from loneliness, laziness, etc.

Some didn't leave their house in a year.

Just a reminder.
>>
>>24942148
I'm glad you got a stick bug tattooed on the back of your neck
>>
>>24942148
well if you were going for the brand of sacrifice from berserk then you fucked up and didnt connect it at the bottom
>>
>>24942148
Are you the whomp comic guy
>>
>>24942043
I'm a stupid angry depressed manchild in his 20s and my slipknot tattoo just lets people know this.
>>
I don't hate tattoos but millennials ruined them and i'll never get one.
>>
>>24942218
>>Represents extremely important or life changing event personal to you
if it's so important then why do you need a gay drawing on your body to remember it? i guess it wasn't really important at all
>>
>>24942043

Because getting something permanently etched onto your skin shows a lack of foresight about the ephemerality of opinions, likes, and beliefs. It's YOLO culture in a nutshell.
>>
File: 1448991065807.jpg (69 KB, 602x595) Image search: [Google]
1448991065807.jpg
69 KB, 602x595
Yes, so long as you go to a decent artist and not get shit that is painful to look at, like pic related.

But personally wouldn't get one because whatever.

Pic related, Spirited Away w/ shitty linework
>>
>>24942277
symbols and mementos are important to... humans.
>>
File: bad-tattoos-25[1].jpg (36 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
bad-tattoos-25[1].jpg
36 KB, 500x500
>>24942043
I'm surprised how fast tattoos go to shit. The colors look pretty good the first 2 weeks after you get it done. You can see deep blacks and deep colors and it looks sharp. But I've seen tattoos that are just 1 year old and they look faded like stupid garbage. The blacks have turned into tan-tinted-grays and all the colors look wrong.
>>
Got me a couple everlasting jobstoppers, not the worst decisions I've made in my lifetime
>>
>>24942354
Oh my god I never thought Fred Mercury as a Ghoul could be so terrifying
>>
>so introspective
>such emotional depth

I hate tattoos too. They immediately make me think less of a person. It's not even rational to hate them though; it's not like they're being forced on me or something. Their growing popularity seems indicative of a generation of people that are desperate to seem more interesting than they are. Social media is the prime example.
>>
>all these tattoo haters

I dont get it
>>
>>24942148
I still like Roman Reigns

He's not really great or anything but i'll take him over cena erryday
>>
>>24942472
I'm a pure robot and I don't get it either. Like really, why is there so much hate about them?
>>
>>24942043
You're not alone.
I hate tattoo and rock culture. I associate both phenomena with teenage hood and irresponsibility. It is pity full to mutilate your skin like this. If you really want to express yourself. Why don't you draw or paint something instead ?
>>
>>24942532

People like to feel superior over small things I guess /bro/
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 640x1136
My best online friend just got a tatt I don't know what to say to her pic related it's her tattoo
>>
>>24942632
its kinda cute. where is it?
>>
>>24942043
Is that what skin cancer looks like?
>>
>>24942632
she showed that to 20 different guys
>>
>>24942710
>>24942710
No, that is what a large tumor in the frontal lobe looks like
>>
File: acw wojak.png (25 KB, 200x215) Image search: [Google]
acw wojak.png
25 KB, 200x215
>>24942216
Hate to break it to you, champ, but normies put very little thought into any of those things.

All my family members got married in their early 20s, and they all bought houses and had children even though they and their spouses work minimum wage dead-end jobs and the slightest bit of marital troubles would collapse their family like a house of cards
>>
>>24942929
If you hated it then why did you break it to me?
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 610x501) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 610x501
>>24942664
Blah blah original comment blah blah
>>
File: 1377508696479.png (198 KB, 616x348) Image search: [Google]
1377508696479.png
198 KB, 616x348
>>24943052
>A nerd from the web wants to know :B
>That failed wanna-be alpha "show me your boobs" quip, that she ignored
Nice try man
>>
>>24943098
>not knowing how to joke with friends casually
I'm not a guy
>>
>>24943168
>chastises others for not knowing how to deal with "friends"
>posts on r9k, home base of friendless losers

Stfu roastie. If you were such hot shit you wouldn't be here in the first place. Especially on a Saturday. Go fuck yourself.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 640x474) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 640x474
>>24943232
Never said I was hot shit you are just mad because I called you a nerd you egg
>>
>>24942227
You make a valid point, I do neglect my health. A lot. I smoke almost two packs of cigarettes a day.

So I guess I defile my own body. That makes me a hypocrite. Gee wiz.
>>
>>24942043

you're a fucking square.

I don't have tattoos, nor do I want them, but I'm not so lame as to instantly cast judgment on someone who makes different choices than I do.

Although some of the tattoos people get are pretty damn stupid
>>
>>24943318
People cast judgement on me for making different choices as well, everyone does that shit and not only for tattoos. Everyone like's to project their views onto everyone else because muh social creatures.

You have to be the change you wish to see in the world, and you are doing just that
>>
>>24943168
>I'm not a guy

Nice try man
And trannies count of course
>>
File: Costanza.jpg (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Costanza.jpg
16 KB, 250x250
>>24943355

>quoting Gandhi to defend judging people
>>
a tattoo is an instant red flag for a girl
>>
because all you've seen is stupid tattoos. wow, i solved you're mystery; holy shit.
>>
>>24942043
There's nothing wrong with you, they very often are irresponsible and stupid.

inb4 tattooed normies get butthurt
>>
a lot of tattoos are utterly meaningless pieces of popular culture or stupidity. Why would you want that on your body?
>>
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18089280
Interesting stuff, yeah.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.