[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cons of being physically attractive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: crying.gif (479 KB, 500x268) Image search: [Google]
crying.gif
479 KB, 500x268
Do attractive people get shit on for looking the way they do? Have you ever seen someone bully a good-looking person?

What do you think are the cons of being good-looking?
>>
literally none
original
>>
My wife might poison or stab me if I ever leave her.
>>
No
No
There aren't any.
>>
I don't know if this is a con but my straight brother is very handsome yet he only receives attention from men, and the only gf he had was some ugly psycho bitch
>>
>>24941943
People assume you aren't intelligent. It can be pretty annoying to have to constantly prove your worth.

Not sure of any others, overall seems good.
>>
>>24941943

People are quick to judge and think you're a dick. If you're a pretty boy and not rugged people automatically think you're a pussy or gay. There's a few but they aren't big flaws
>>
>>24942032
I think queers are just more direct about their intentions (and disgusting)
>>
>get attention from people you don't want it from
>constant stares from thirsty guys/girls
>halo effect makes everyone assume your life is great whether it actually is or not
>people have very high expectations of how you behave socially or professionally
>people just want you for sex and not meaningful relationships
>you are praised for something you had no agency in, leading to feelings of doubt about your own abilities
>juggling multiple sex partners can get exhausting

These are all assumptions from a below average fag. Someone attractive tell me how well I guessed.
>>

If you're smart and kind, which you can easily train yourself to become; people will love the shit out of you though, and will find you really interesting
>>
Ugly people will feel threatened by you and harass you in the workplace. The pretty girl in high school gets bullied by the fat ugly stupid losers. The smarter she is, the more talented she is, the prettier she is, the worse they abuse her. The same thing happens at work with both sexes.
>>
>>24941943
As an attractive autist, girls are likely to fall for your looks rather than your personality and deep down I know that.
>tfw balding slowly
>>
>>24942073

>people have very high expectations of how you behave socially or professionally

That one is the only one that's super true for me. Everyone looks at me and assumes I'm this guy with great social skills, that I have friends and a girlfriend. And when they find out you're not what they thought you were they get this huge feeling of superiority over you and treat you like shit. It's actually really terrible. I've never had a good thing come from being good looking, and I'm not just saying that. If you're a fucking autist inside, being the best looking person ever still won't change that, and it hurts really bad knowing that I could be someone worthwhile if somebody who actually knew how to socialize was in my body instead of me.
>>
>>24942914

Sounds like you're getting stuck in some toxic situations. I had the same problem. The solution is to just bite the bullet and leave. Most places are jungles socially because most people kind of suck. Just keep moving and hopping until you finally land in a place that's right for you. Don't worry about winning, just worry about self preservation and growth. I guarantee you, being homeless is better than being in a place where people think it's cool to treat you like shit.
>>
Good looks ain't shit if you have no confidence / are an autist.
>>
>>24941943
ugly people wont respect you
>>
Well narcissism is a little slice of hell, so there is that. Never being at peace with the world outside you in respect to yourself and etc etc.
>>
There was a south park episode about this called The List. You should check it out famillia
>>
>>24942711
>Ugly people will feel threatened by you and harass you in the workplace

yup, Im friends with the uggos at my job and boy are they jugdemental as fuck when it comes to good looking people, especially the new hot guys there. They immediately think they wont last long at the job, wont fit in, etc.
>>
>>24941943
Maybe the only thing is that you're in such high social demand that it's hard to have some alone time. You don't want to say "no" to the wrong person or group, that can be costly even for Chad.
>>
>>24944197
>You don't want to say "no" to the wrong person or group, that can be costly even for Chad.
What are they gonna do to you for saying you don't feel like hanging out?
>>
>>24941943
Insecure people assume you're a complete asshole if you don't act overly nice. They expect you to be friendly and outgoing constantly. If you don't babby people's opinions they will dislike you far more if you are attractive than if you were ugly.
>>
>>24942052
No one assumes you aren't intelligent unless you're musclebound or a woman.
>>
File: image.jpg (162 KB, 830x870) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162 KB, 830x870
Being conventionally attractive comes with pros and cons. The pros are obvious. The cons are, many attractive people don't realize the fact that their looks are why people value their opinions and actions, and therefore when age inevitably happens, they don't have anything worthwhile to show for their lives. Attractiveness can blind a person to their faults since others will often help them out or whatever.

Also, if you're a woman, it's often difficult to discern who likes you or who just wants to fuck you. Kind of similar to being wealthy, you're not sure who actually likes you or who is into your money.

Also if you're a woman, unfortunately almost any accomplishment you achieve is discounted because everyone assumes you only got there with your looks or you fucked a professor or something.

That being said, working to be attractive is one of the best things you can do in your youth if you know how to use it. It's a useful trait that you can use to get ahead in life as long as you don't rest on your laurels.
>>
other guys being intimidated and aggravated by your mere presence

i knew this really handsome guy in school and he often ended up almost gettng into fights because some jelly fags started shit with him
>>
>>24941943
Everyone diregards your success, is always because you are good looking disregarding any effort put on the task
>>
>>24942073
I'm reasonably attractive so when I meet new people they tend to be drawn to me for no apparent reason. The problem with this is that they will soon find out that I'm a borderline autist so getting to know new people is a big issue for me because once they see past my facade they will immediately see me as being autistic and will in turn be disappointed. I make it very clear to people whom I'm familiar with (share classes with etc.) that I'm a fucking weirdo and should have nothing to do with me.
>>
>>24941943
cons ive noticed are
>ugly chicks fucking hate or love you.
>people expect you to be stupid
>people look at you more often
>people who arent quite as good looking don't like you
>people automatically assume you are from California
>buying cigarettes gets you a ten minute speech on why cigarettes are bad
>was literally told I am to pretty for the military
>got harassed at my last job(all female coworkers)
>girls actually wont date me because they think i'm a player
>too pretty to date(friendzoned)
>people think i'm gay
>gay guys love me
>the redneck side of my family rips on me calling me hollywood etc, even though I think they are better looking
>>
>>24946049
Also lets not forget people think your life is perfect, like you cant have other problems than being ugly.
>this gets me down the most I am on the verge of suicide but nobody takes me seriously because they think if youre purdy you cant possibly have any problems
>>
I don't have the article saved but I know Bjorn Andresen had this problem when he was younger, being too good looking actually destroyed his acting career.

>constantly hit on by old gay men
>treated like some kind of mascot character in Asia
>nobody cared about his personality outside of his appearance
>women only wanted to date him because he was famous/pretty
>he was a music student before he became an actor but nobody took his skills as a musician seriously
>everyone outside of Europe thought he was gay (he's actually homophobic because of all the shit he went through)
>>
>>24942073
Doesn't this only happen to women, though?
>>
I'm pretty good looking, plenty of people have told me this so I'm not deluded, what gets annoying is people being like "ayy muscleman been pumping those muscles?" And lots of workout questions. And assuming I'm jersey shore Guido level just because I enjoy exercising
I guess people assume I'm not very deep at first
Also sluts using me for sex is sad because I want a meaningful bond with someone, but also /doesn'tmatterhadsecks/
I used to be a lot more socially retarded years ago and people would realize right away and I would lose my beautiful people privilege (I got a bit better as time went on) but I had my heart broken some months back by my first love and stopped giving a fuck and girls come to me more
>>
>>24946365
yes yeppers
>>24946366
We are talking dimes not just another above average smucker
>>
>>24946411
Random people keep telling me I look like superman
>>
>>24941943
>People expect your life to be great
>can't complain about tfwnogf because people just laugh in your face and say go get one
>people assume you're very social, and the letdown is even worse when they realize you're an autist

It's not all it's cracked up to be
>>
your dick might start to hurt from all the sex that you have. Thats about all I can think of
>>
File: 200% disgusted.png (739 KB, 1251x713) Image search: [Google]
200% disgusted.png
739 KB, 1251x713
>>24941943
>normies are people, too!
I'm not crying for the cunt who gets told how hot she is 100 times a day or the chad who has to 'fend off' unwanted attention.
>>
bump for interest

its true though, a good looking man who is a complete social failure will do worse than a 5/10 with social skills

perfect example is someone that was ugly/skinny-or-fat as a kid during critical formative years that
is a late bloomer and doesn't have the wherewithall to handle said-late-bloomingness
>>
>>24941943
I've become insecure around girls because there's a decent chance that one is staring at me every once in a while
>>
how many of you's are actually attractive?

ever been asked if you're a celebrity?

while going home to drink alone and alienate your needy cancer researcher colleagues? methinksnot
>>
File: image.jpg (975 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
975 KB, 3264x2448
>>24948734
special snowflake alert
>hoy polloi;barbaroi
>>
I'm below average looking so this thread made me feel a little better.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.