[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /social phobia/ here? i feel mine's getting worse and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: SocialPhobia_1-450.jpg (47 KB, 450x244) Image search: [Google]
SocialPhobia_1-450.jpg
47 KB, 450x244
who /social phobia/ here?
i feel mine's getting worse and soon i won't be able to leave the house again
how do you robots fight this problem?
>>
>>24936908
I'm even finding it harder to talk to my mum. It's getting that bad.
>>
Don't know how to fight it anymore, will probably an hero the next year if it won't get any better
>>
>implying people with social phobia even get invited to parties
>>
>>24936908
feelin the same, though fighting it. effectively? not really. i also feel like it's worsening.
>>
>>24936908
feel slighty uncomfortable talking to people, so I avoid it
>>
anyone else find they drink too much as a crutch to their social phobia?

most nights i just end up getting too fucked up to follow the group conversations. the best conversations i have are 1 on 1, where there is full engagement, but i just suck at the group shit... anyone else have this problem?
>>
>>24936973
>>24936990
how paranoid are you guys?until few years i used to think everyone was ploting against me...now this is coming back
last week i felt so much pressure i just didn't start screaming because i managed to leave earlier the place i was in
>>
>>24937089
>group
what
i don't even talk to 5 different people anymore(and that including my family)...there's no group
>>
>>24936908
I just don't talk to people. It's funny seeing them stare at me like I'm supposed to launch into some gladhanded introduction. Faggot, we're all adults here, if you want to know my name or talk to me, ask.
>>
>>24937024
I get invited to parties, I just get paralyzing anxiety about going. When I do go, I feel uncomfortable all night but occasionally can break past that and have fun.

People with arachnophobia don't live in spider-free houses. But they get grossed out and panic when they see a spider. Same deal here only it's with groups of people or social situations with strangers.

Social phobia =/= unpopularity
>>
been given zoloft
been told shit will get better in a couple of weeks
anyone on it?
should i even bother
>>
>>24936973
I feel you, mine got worse after 3-4 consecutive bad trips on acid.
Last time i went to a shop i had to leave it in panic after 2 minutes.
I suggest that you stay alone all you can, don't get out of your room and stop any kind of drug you're doing, you will fuel up and be fine again eventually.
>>
>>24937055

Fucking this.

Trap me in a room with someone and I can deal just fine but I'll avoid that slight discomfort anyway I can.

>>24937089

I'm the opposite I think conversation dynamics are best in groups of 3-4 people.

I drank recently on vacation in an effort to become a temporary normie but it didn't work. How drunk do you have to get to let loose?
>>
>>24937218
>How drunk do you have to get to let loose?

i find the perfect amount is the 3-4 range. the problem is that i'll exceed that if i am not talking/participating, then i get super fucked up and cannot follow the conversation

anyone have a way of regulating their intake? i assume it is just being cognizant of it...
>>
>>24937181
Get. The. Fuck. Out. You. Normie. Scum.
>>
>>24937262

3-4 what? Shots?

I drank 5 shots of vodka my first time but I still felt very much in control of myself.
>>
>>24937106
I am so paranoid i can't walk in streets more for more than 10 min, i am convinced everyone is looking at me and thinking "look at him, what a freak".
And i don't even look like a freak, this is scary.
>>
>>24937670
i always think i have shit myself and didn't notice lol
>>
>>24937106
walking in streets is a nightmare. Also shaking and sweating before any presentations/interviews/whatever the fuck else where I need to communicate with somebody
>>
>>24936908
Exposure.
>>
File: 1430011125489.gif (84 KB, 403x392) Image search: [Google]
1430011125489.gif
84 KB, 403x392
>>24936908
My social phobia is pretty much gone OP, but it was replaced by social avoidance

Now whenever I am in a crowded place with loud normies, I literally want to murder them. And if they are walking in front of me, hogging the sidewalk and not allowing me to pass AND THEN THEY STOP FOR NO FUCKING REASON, I want to beat the ever living shit out of them

I've been moved to tears so many times because I know I can't do any of this without getting into trouble. Still haven't cried because of it though.
>>
>>24938235
I got to this social avoidance a few years ago. When normiescum gets needlessly loud or obnoxious, I feel a near rage.

Since I've been like this, I feel a lot better since I don't have any desire for intimacy or even friendship. But, I'm probably severely mentally ill.
>>
>>24938405
Same here, right now i hear neighbors having loud sex shaking the floor, it drives me nuts.
Currently drinking cheap vodka, planning to move in a couple months with luck
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.