[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what skill do you want to have, /r9k/ i wish i could play a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1383579297425.png (152 KB, 1340x592) Image search: [Google]
1383579297425.png
152 KB, 1340x592
what skill do you want to have, /r9k/

i wish i could play a cello or the violin
but googling that shit and it seems like you can't teach yourself that shit
guitar and piano yes this shit no
fml
>>
I want to learn drawing and woodworking
>drawing
Its fucking insane how shittyi am
>woodworking
You need all kinds of tools and stuff and enough space
>>
>>24936165

It's easier than you think, dude. You just gotta get your right hand technique down and the positioning of the bow. For awhile, it'll sound like you're killing a cat, but eventually, you figure out how to make it sing. It's in muscle memory, and you won't learn that by not attempting. As far as fretting it goes, buy you some thin tape, get a tuner, and start figuring out where and what each note is, and put some tape on the fret board and mark it. After awhile, you won't need the tape to mark where your fingers belong. The muscle memory kicks in, and it gets easier.
>>
I wish I was a better writer. I can write okay, but I want to be amazing at it. I want to be able to pound out hundreds of pages of harrowing gut wrenching reality.

Speed seems to help some, but maybe the quality is shit. I guess it's all shit anyway.
>>
>>24936165
Singing.

My only interaction with other beings is usually with my cats, and I sing to them all day. Not like full songs, but cat versions of popular songs pieced together.

It would be pretty cool if it sounded good too
>>
>>24936565
Woodworking is fucking great. You don't need many tools if you start with just basically whittling. Before investing in anything, just get some nice chunks of wood and a carving knife and fuck around some.

I feel sorry for you if you weren't able to take woodshop in high school, it was absolutely the best thing ever. Cut shit up with my autist friend and watch the rednecks bantering with the teacher.
>>
>>24936666
seems like your next book is going to be quite on fire
just for the hell of it
>>
I want to be able to sing and play the guitar. I can already play a couple dozen chords and keep a melody going, but my singing is absolute dogshit.

All I want out of life is to be a talented musician.
>>
>>24936165
Sometimes I wonder what it'd be like to be a functional, happy, social human being.
>>
>>24936728
I don't know what you're getting at. If I somehow manage to create this mishmashed shitheap into a novel, I'm going to feel very happy. Even if it sucks and everyone hates it, I just want to say my piece. I think it could provide an interesting window into the kind of existence most people aren't overly familiar with. It will get edgy and everything. Maybe I'm a whiny angsty douche, but I want parts to be disturbing. I'll feel like I succeeded if parts are actually disturbing and it doesn't just come across like some whiny entitled fuck trying too hard.

It will probably look like some self pitying emo piece of shit.
>>
>>24936812
the devil's in the detail
maybe some music to relax ? for example styx
>>
>>24936900
I don't understand. Is this some old shitty meme?
>>
Shitposting is an art form. I pride myself on my 5 bans a day minimum across multiple boards bringing down the quality of discussion and dropping bait in a thread like nitrogen in the lake. I have stockpiles of Yous, so many Trump Towers would be mine if they were a currency, and does it stop on 4chan? Nope, I bring my skills to plebbit and other social media sites. Shitposting is an art form and a glorious one at that.
>>
>>24936949
He's referring to the fact that on your first post you got satanic quads, checked by the way.
But I am in the same boat OP, I literally just write and rant like a mad man about random bullshit. I would love to read a book like that personally. Keep at it.
>>
>>24936992
Hopefully I'll be able to crank out a drug fueled masterpiece which will make at least one normie think in some way or another. It will focus on depression, anxiety, asociality, drug abuse, NEETdom (fuck it, I'm not even going to disguise /r9k/, this place is normie central already, I don't give a fuck), emotional attachments, modern society, what community is and why I don't work with that, and similar topics. It will be semi autobiographical with embellishments, modifications, and changes in scenario. I'll set it up in 2016 with Trump facing Sanders and try to ladle out some tasty absurdism.
>>
>>24937178
sounds hot
go! give 'em hell, tiger!
>>
>>24936713
Never had that shit in HS
But your idea seems nice
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.