[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are given $1,000,000. Realistically, what would you do with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: 1446002893702.jpg (60 KB, 467x480) Image search: [Google]
1446002893702.jpg
60 KB, 467x480
You are given $1,000,000. Realistically, what would you do with it?

>pay for rest of college education
>give half to my parents
>buy a car
>get a nice studio apartment and have all rent payments covered

I can't think of anything creative beyond that. I just want the basics covered desu.
>>
>>24935592

You forgot taxes.
>>
>>24935592
really triggers me when shitty accounts watermark content that isn't theirs REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>24935607
Okay, 1,000,000 after taxes.
>>
Buy a house for $250-300K

Invest the rest.
>>
I'd just buy a moderatly large house in a great part of town (Houston) decorate a sports car and truck. That will take a little under half my cash And spend the rest trying to build a really good safety net. Give some(100-150k) to my parents so they can do the same.
>>
>>24935592
>finally lose my virginity
>buy alot of drugs
>get a nice apartment
>>
File: 1410295997512.jpg (30 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1410295997512.jpg
30 KB, 400x388
>live in a comfortable secluded cabin with high-speed internet
>read many books, ranging from literature to neurotheology to mathematics
>spend my time in deep meditation in the forest
>do lots of psychedelic and dissociative drugs
>write down my thoughts and feelings in a notebook
>try to figure out and contemplate upon the ultimate truth of the universe
>>
>>24935592
>Invest 1/2 in stocks
>450 in real estate
>45k in savings
>5k for a nice vacation

we be bowliiing
>>
FUCKING
SPARE IT

I actually calculated, 1k/mo is completely enough (maybe even much) for me, so 1000 months = 83 years fuckye

Only normies buy expensive shit
>>
Buy a nice apartment, save/invest the rest. Continue on with my life just as before.
>>
>>24935592
I dunno, probably stick $750k in my money market, and put the remains $250k towards some land in Puerto Rico, where I plan to retire.
>>
>>24935592
Fix house and car, replace bed, computer chair, and computer, invest the rest.
Continue neet life with marginally more comfort in the present but a lot less of a sense of impending doom in the future.
>>
>>24935592
Shit Id pick cotton for $10 an hour
IF A FUCKING COTTON FIELD EXISTED HERE
>>
>pay off debts
>build a house
>buy a good car
>use the rest to start a business

Sorry family ain't gettin shit but a min wage job if they want one
>>
>>24935592
Give it all to charity.
>>
>>24935592
>student loans ($30k)
>land ($150k)
>build dream house ($300k)
>guns ($10k)
>books ($50k)
>fine art ($10k)
>antiques ($20k)
>lots of gifts to entice people to like me ($20k)
>travel to Japan and get some stuff ($10k)

I'd continue to work, since my career was always a sort of end goal. I wouldn't need to give any to my parents, as they have way more than I could even give. I'd probably keep $50k out in general checking, the other $350k devoted to whatever savings/investing thing I would devote time to knowing about/hiring someone to do. And probably do a 50/50 split with paychecks.
>>
File: west fraser.jpg (254 KB, 753x600) Image search: [Google]
west fraser.jpg
254 KB, 753x600
>>24935592
First I'd hoard the money and start getting healthy, quit alcohol, start making myself less dependent on city life and take classes I'd need, like plumbing and electric engineering and everything required to live on my own away from people.
Get a small cabin in the woods, fix it up with everything I need, live off the rest while selling the art I make in the closest city, be a wealthy eccentric artist. Make connections in case anything happens to my home. Become healthy and one with nature.
>I dont have family or debt or responsibilities that I can't leave behind, so yes, this is what I'd do.
>>24935674
River Oaks or...?
>>
>>24935674
Sugar land for dem dere suburban life m80
>>
Student loan debt ($20k)
Sick game rig ($5k)
GT-R ($100k)
Small but nice house ($200k)
Bank ($150k)
Invest ($500k)
>>
I would just go full NEET. Find a nice little comfy place to live, and live frugally off of that money for as long as possible. I don't ask for much.
>>
>>24935592
First thing I'd do is call my dad and ask him how I can invest this to turn it into even more money.

Then I'd do what you did. I'd also buy a nice watch and maybe some clothes that don't look like dog shit!
>>
I'd buy about 6 homes. Live in one, rent out the others. The rest is savings in the bank for beer money.
>>
File: varg santa.jpg (127 KB, 466x700) Image search: [Google]
varg santa.jpg
127 KB, 466x700
>>24935592
>build comfy cabin in the woods away from normies
>buy a nice truck
>build top of the line pc
>pay off the debts of my parents and friends
>put the rest in my bank
>live comfy until i die
>>
Cover bills
Set family up
Invest the rest
buy completely foiled Vintage deck
>>
>>24935592
>buy a decent house, furnish it
>buy a car
>give some to parents, spend the rest frugaly for the rest of my life
>>
>buy a parking lot in an expensive neighborhood
>enjoy a lifetime of basic income while shitposting comfy frogs
>>
Buy my dad a nice antique gun (5k)
Build a nice new PC (3k)
Forgive my sisters debt (10k)
Pay for a years rent on an apartment for my sister (8k)
Put money in a fund for my sisters new child for college (30k)
Spend probably 5k on random stuff like clothes, etc shit i cant think of
Call all that about 60k.
Invest 900k in safe long term stuff
Sit on 40k for bills (I have a job so I dont really need the money)
>>
buy some land near a rail line and a couple old passenger rail cars, turn one into a small house, and turn the other into a bar/restaurant. whatever's left, I'll just put in an interest gaining account and use it as needed
>>
Quit uni, pay off student loan etc so family isn't burdened by it then travel around until I die on the side of the road somewhere.
>>
>>24936667
That honestly sounds cool as fuck and I'd fund you if I had the money.
>>
>>24935592
buy a small house or trailer and live the cheap life, fuck giving money to anyone.
>>
>>24935592
>live in some studio apartment with great internets
>only spend money on food, and occasionally update computer/consoles
>live as long as the money lasts and then kill myself, which should last for decades
>>
I'm single and make 48k a year, spend around 450 per month on rent/utilities. I'd probably buy some nicer furniture, a dapper wardrobe, and continue life as normal with slightly more comfort. As for investing the rest, I'd use it to speed up the development of the family farm. We're looking to be ready for our cattle in 3-4 years on what the current business is making, and with my money we'd have it next year. I'd buy gold and silver with the rest.
>>
>>24935592
Buy my dad a car and a paid cleaner for my mother and computer for my brother trip to murica for my grandpa and paid cleaner for grandma too. I will try to get to politics and change this country.
>>
>>24937201
I'd probably fuck it up due to laziness and ineptitude though
>>
I have a pact with three other guys that if any of us ever strike it rich we will buy a bus and a mountain of drugs and drive around the country partying.
Realistically I would buy a car and some small things and save the rest for a house when I'm ready or for when I need it.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.