[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to make a video game. It'll be mildly successful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8
File: 1367727233591.jpg (703 KB, 986x1000) Image search: [Google]
1367727233591.jpg
703 KB, 986x1000
I'm going to make a video game. It'll be mildly successful and I'll have a little money and I won't be a broke NEET anymore.

Do you believe in me, anon?
>>
>>24932143
We got similar goals anon, good luck.
>>
i believe in you, faggot
just dont make a shit meme game like blunderfail
>>
Making games is literally a lottery, only the prize is very low. You're actually better off with scratchers
>>
>>24932143
Do it anon-kun
I believe in yooouu!
>>
File: 1435614068436.gif (1 MB, 533x300) Image search: [Google]
1435614068436.gif
1 MB, 533x300
I want to make an app and become mildly successful.
>>
File: 1449876007054.jpg (115 KB, 727x689) Image search: [Google]
1449876007054.jpg
115 KB, 727x689
>>24932143
You know in Canada theres this thing, I don't remember what it's called but it's a portion of the government that helps produce entertainment.

Basically they give you money. A game developer came to my robotics class talking about how he had done many high level jobs and quit to make his own game companie for for the low price of 30 dollars.

The first thing he did was ask them for 600,000$. This covered all his expenses rent, paying collage students the price of noodles, outsourcing for audio design, eating, and everything that may or may not have to do with the game.

You don't even need a prototype just ask for a sum if money 0 to a few million. The catch is that they receive 50% of the profit for the first two years.
>>
>>24932143
Can I join you? My life is also in the gutter and there's no hope for a future for me. I have mild programming knowledge and mild drawing abilities. I tried making a comic for r9k once but it failed. I just want to try a few more times before I end myself.
>>
>>24932143
Why not, I'll bite
>>
Did you make that? It's awful desu
>>
>>24932143
HOW do you make the game?
>>
File: image%3A6518.png (117 KB, 823x530) Image search: [Google]
image%3A6518.png
117 KB, 823x530
I'm getting better at blender to be able to work on a videogame myself
>>
if you need ideas let us help and contribute

what type of game is it, what is the setting etc give us all the detail you have in your head right now

it doesn't matter if you think it sounds autistic, if it really is bad we will improve it
>>
>>24932143
I wish you all the luck, but i don't believe you.

I used to be this delusional until i found out i that i had some awesome ideas just no skills to implement them.
Good luck learning Programming, Drawing, Animation, 3D modelling, Texturing, Sound Engineering, Level design, Writing and slave-work ethic if you actually ever want to complete something. See you in a few years once you release your 2d platformer.
>>
>>24932143
>I'm an idea guy
You got it, buddy.
>>
File: jesus_kv.png (330 KB, 1024x736) Image search: [Google]
jesus_kv.png
330 KB, 1024x736
>>24936577

I'm your reverse, and it's a unique kind of hell.

> guru-level programmer
> understand everything 3d
> pretty good at texturing
> okay at modeling
> good at writing
> willpower of steel
> finished several small-ish games, in many genres and many types of graphics
> out of your list I just can't draw

The highlight: I'm fucking unable to have ideas. I'm the reverse ideaguy. No matter what I do, I just can't have ideas.

I also refuse to clone existing games. I'm doomed to making random software and short compo games.
>>
File: emperor-palpatine.jpg (11 KB, 494x358) Image search: [Google]
emperor-palpatine.jpg
11 KB, 494x358
>>24937072
>I also refuse to clone existing games
Literally all you have to do is sacrifice your morals and your problems will be solved. Just make Space Invaders with rage faces falling instead of aliens and advertise it on reddit/9gag and you'll be set for life.
>>
>>24937193

You don't think I've considered it? If I was willing to sell my soul, there'd be over 9000 easier ways than games, which really are lottery.

> sell a shader in Unity store
> blackhat programming
> regular wagekek at a big company making boring enterprise software

> tfw a month ago I played through Zelda: Wind Waker
> everything in there is within my ability
> even literally making it on a Gamecube
> tfw
>>
>>24932143
May the flames guide thee
>>
>>24936353
This may be my one hinderance

I'm not very good with the artys time consuming things.

I had a friend in animation and asked if he would like to collaborate on a game. I do the programming and you make the characters. He bailed. I've looked into a lot of 2d stuff as well, which requires much less animation.

>>24937072
I'm mid-level at programming, I have no problems with ideas. How do I into Guru-level programming?
>>
>>24938038
Maybe I should clarify

mid level as I know everything you mentioned and how to implement it, i'm just not good enough at it for it to be worth my time (putting so much in to get little pay for my program)
>>
File: futuristicyogi.jpg (30 KB, 575x323) Image search: [Google]
futuristicyogi.jpg
30 KB, 575x323
>>24937072
Build a team?
>>
Same plan here, I'm fucking done with school
>>
>>24932143
good indie and ill buy 2 copies
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.