[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think its possible to learn emotional intelligence (how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Remy Lacroix.gif (500 KB, 345x200) Image search: [Google]
Remy Lacroix.gif
500 KB, 345x200
Do you think its possible to learn emotional intelligence (how to socialize, get friends, read peoples faces, showing empathy) after turning 23?
>>
Yes, its possible.
>>
>>24931973
of course it is, read Dale Carnegie's book how to win friends and influence people. Its a quick read and it really helped me learn how to talk to people
>>
Probably not if you have autism.
>>
>>24931973
It's certainly difficult to try and improve your social skills at that age when most people have already developed them but it is possible.
>>
>>24931994
How so?

>>24932003
I will look into it.

>>24932014
My fear is this might be true.
>>
Social skills are so easy to learn you can go from complete autist to possible aspie in a year of passive reflection.
>>
>>24931973
Requires tremendous trial and error but absolutely it's possible.
>>
>>24931973
No.
You will learn how you should do it, but you won't feel "normal" while doing it. You will know that you're just acting to achieve social status.
>>
>>24931973
How often do you interact with people? Do you have a job that requires it? If the answer is almost never and no, then change that, because you won't learn shit about socializing unless you actually go out and do it.

>>24932014
Not necessarily true. I have autism and have barely any natural social instincts. A lot of acting normal can be mimicked reasonably well long as long as you learn basic politeness, expectations, routines, etc.

OP don't worry you can get better, even if you're an autist, as long as you're not also a lazy moron.
>>
doable but need concentration
>>
>>24932080
In a year of practice you mean.
>>
>>24931973
Covert schizoid reporting in

Yes, it is very possible, but painfully tiring. The worst part is feeling irrationally frustrated when seeing people socialize with no effort in their part. Good luck anon.

You should read "The 48 Laws of Power" by Robert Green along with >24932003 Don't forget a few books on body language. But nothing beats practise in the field.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.