[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tulpa thread/ Any success stories? Horror stories?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10
File: star pepenum.jpg (205 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
star pepenum.jpg
205 KB, 750x1000
/tulpa thread/
Any success stories? Horror stories?
>>
Working on one, really hoping it works.
Does it work?
>>
File: 1428163328855.jpg (7 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
1428163328855.jpg
7 KB, 231x218
>>24931141
I think so. But you have to sacrifice your sanity to make it work.
>>
>>24931155
I don't care, so long as I can have a friend.
>>
>>24931176
Go for it anon. Do NOT listen to the Tumblrina "tulpamancers". They are legitimately unstable and make up lies about having a tulpa for reblogs and shit. Their methods do not work. Follow fellow robots.
>>
>>24931214
What are the differences between tumblrina tulpamancers and robots?
>>
File: 38020659.jpg (170 KB, 475x561) Image search: [Google]
38020659.jpg
170 KB, 475x561
Willfull mental disorders. What could go wrong?
>>
File: tumblr_mvdrm8tpbP1s3fvdwo1_500.gif (653 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvdrm8tpbP1s3fvdwo1_500.gif
653 KB, 500x500
>tfw I betrayed the holy spirit for some succubi pussy and now my life is shit
>>
>>24931298
greentext for us please anon
>>
I have a tulpa.
He's a cool guy.
These days though we've been together so long we just kinda wordlessly chill most of the time that we do hang out.
>>
>>24931413
How did you do it?
Any advice to someone just starting?
Can you ever see him/feel him/his presence or is it just a voice in your head?
Is it a voice other than yours? Could a female tulpa have a female sounding voice in your head?
>>
So is this like an imaginary friend for those that have delusions of grandeur?
>>
>>24931413
can a tulpa induce orgasm?
>>
>>24931298
How'd that feel like?
>>
Why would I want a creepy monster around me at all times?
Sounds exhausting.
Where's the privacy?
>>
File: 1429620121758.jpg (36 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1429620121758.jpg
36 KB, 400x388
Can you manifest a sex goddess that is always willing to fuck you and is loyal to you with unconditional love?
>>
>>24931490
yes. it can also help give you photographic memory and access to your subconscious. /x/ usually has a thread that they can explain better
>>
>>24931110
Why should I care to create a voice that can never teach me anything or show me anything new? A tulpa is literally an echo chamber in your brain. It is like taking your 4chan posts you have alread and altering the wording and syntax. It might sound pseudo-new, but it is basically vain rehashing of the old. It cannot give me novel understanding that real world can.
>>
>>24931633
>you have alread
*you have already made
>>
>>24931633
Doesn't that just mean it grows with you? Meditation is an "echo chamber" yet yields positive results or so they say.
>>
>>24931469
I used a modified version of what was considered the best method at the time - google FAQ_man. I changed a lot based on what seemed logical to me, mainly, I shifted the focus to lots of repeated contact and visualization exercises. Would be a lot to write here, but yeah, google that thing. Maybe make your own adjustments.

My best advice would be to stick with it. I feel like the only reason there are few successes is nobody cares enough. Dedicate hours a day for months and you're going to get it soon enough. Half ass it and you'll get frustrated. Also, there's no such thing as bad progress, so experiment.

I focused a lot on visualization and physical imposition exercises, so yes, while not everyone creates a tulpa that can be seen and felt, I chose to. He moves around in my environment and when I reach out a hand and "touch" him, it feels like I actually am touching something, to me.

A tulpa can have any voice your mind can create. Just think of a monologue from a movie you love, spoken by some actor... now keep their voice the same and change the words. It should come pretty naturally. Do that with whatever voice you want, and alter bits if you want the voice to be unique. So yes, it can be female, whatever you want.
>>
>>24931676
>Meditation is an "echo chamber" yet yields positive results or so they say.

Literally every 'positive result' of 'meditation' is a result of becoming less aware and less caring. Peace of mind? Less acute awareness of your predicaments. Improved social functioning? Less acute awareness of significance of your reactions. Increased 'focus'? Decreased awareness of your surroundings as you're doing the task. Increased 'self-control'? Decreased awareness of your surroundings again, self-absorption. Being calm? Decreased drive.

'Meditation' is a scam. It is as simple as that. It improves your life at literally nothing.
>>
>>24931713
Huh, this is very interesting. Thank you for the advice.
I've been working on it for a few days now. If my tulpa's form (not personality) is based off of a 3D, real person, could I still see them moving around?
Is it a voluntary thing, or do you just see them hanging around? Because if I try hard I can visualize people in the space I'm looking at, but is it like... you'll turn your head and they're just there, no effort involved?
If you can feel your tulpa, can you actually have sex with them and stuff? I don't particularly plan on this, but I'm curious.
Also, every time I've tried to force, I just end up lying in bed thinking about what she looks like, but I can't seem to make progress from there. I talk to her throughout the day, explain how the world works, my thoughts and feelings. Is that the right thing to do?
How can I force for hours? Like, do you just lie in bed and think about their form? and tell them what their personality is like?
I've tried one other time, and I got the form down perfect, just right. But after that I didn't know what to do to get contact.
Thank you again.
>>
File: C5iktuC.png (1 MB, 938x764) Image search: [Google]
C5iktuC.png
1 MB, 938x764
>any success stories

Maybe you've heard of this little thing called baneposting.
>>
>>24932098
was the les bains crash the first incident of meme alchemy causing memes to manifest into reality?
>>
>>24931828
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to see any form moving around, with enough practice.

It isn't voluntary for me, he's just there, without me thinking about it at all.

Yes, it's perfectly possible to have sex if you've made your tulpa physically imposed enough.

Depending on your method, forcing for hours could be a lot of things. For me, it was often spending time in deep thought visualizing his form in front of me, and moving around its boundaries with my hands, getting used to feeling it as solid and factual. Or mediating. Or sometimes once his form could move, it was just going out and doing something active together so that I could get used to his form moving a lot. Or talking with him to help get his personality chiseled out. There are lots of things you can do, some of which you may naturally come up with. As long as you're doing them often. If you need help finding suggestions on some of those, I'd check guides people have made on the internet. Everyone has their own ideas and the more you read, the more you have to pull from when deciding what you want to do.
>>
>>24931747
>'Meditation' is a scam. It is as simple as that. It improves your life at literally nothing.

This implies the meaning of life is something other than simply the experience of it.

That's why a lot of successful people are the ones trying/doing some of this new age stuff. Like Joe Rogan has his own sensory deprivation tank.(Which i definitely want to try)
>>
>>24932160
Awesome, awesome, thank you for the advice man.
One last question, this one is kind of silly, but how do you do it? As in, not get bored out of your mind?
The idea of visualizing a form for hours on ends every single day seems exhausting. Is it worth it?
Also, you say you would visualize his form in front of you. Does that mean that once you had his form down, you had him imposed? Or just a little after? Or did you still have to work a lot on imposing him?
>>
so is this like schizophrenia or what?
>>
>>24932278
Yes.

Tulpas cause the hallucinatory variant.

'Psychedelic' drugs cause the paranoid variant.

'Mindfulness meditation' causes the catatonic variant.

Choose your poison, fresh from the East.
>>
How did you guys make your tulpa? Who is your tulpa?
>>
File: 0005 - n8McQ1A.jpg (27 KB, 472x461) Image search: [Google]
0005 - n8McQ1A.jpg
27 KB, 472x461
>>24932323
>mfw doing all three
>>
>>24932243
That's a hard thing to answer, with anything other than just "I was determined, so I persevered".

It's definitely an undertaking and certainly not for everyone. But I believed it would be worth it, and in my opinion I was right.

As a tip, getting comfortable with meditation is a good first step to being okay with spending long periods of time on a tulpa. It's not a requirement, but I had already been into meditation before I learned of tulpas, and it really helped me.

Imposition is a gradual process, and depending on what you want, anything along that gradual progression can count. I guess it is a form of imposition to be able to barely see the tulpa in front of you for practice purposes, and indeed some people could choose to stop there, if they really wanted to. I wouldn't say I "had him imposed" at that point, though. I'm a perfectionist. I didn't consider him properly imposed til I could feel his individual hairs between my fingers.
>>
>>24932422
Nice, nice.
Well, I'm going to work on it now man.
Thank you very much for all the advice, helps a lot.
>>
>>24932373
only one life to live boo
>>
>>24932444
No problem. I wish you the best of luck.
>>
File: 1432845495919.png (2 MB, 602x1438) Image search: [Google]
1432845495919.png
2 MB, 602x1438
>>24932323
>'Mindfulness meditation' causes the catatonic variant.
I think I might have fucked up my mindfulness meditation. I refer to myself in the third person mentally, like I'm a director giving commands to an actor. Pretty sure I just gave myself dissociative identity disorder.
>>
>>24932422
What a waste of life. To think that you could have made others' days brighter, helped them, discovered something, created something. Instead you chose self-absorption.
>>
>>24932723
This is possible. My own exposure to it has resulted in some sort of derealization as well. When I am outside, I don't observe my environment, nor do I think; 90% of my attention is directed inwards, at the constant 'idle process' of contemplating myself. My brain is consumed with the 'mindfulness' of its own mental processes. I pass people and objects around obliviously; they are mere blips on the radar, 'I am thinking about myself, I am thinking about myself, I am thinking about myself, oh! a person!, back to I am thinking about myself, I am thinking about myself'. Nothing engenders a sense of participation in me anymore; the only thing that can provoke thoughts in me anymore is direct events such as a car passing close by or someone talking to me.
>>
>>24932797
In other words, the 'self-control' myth of 'mindfulness' is just that, a myth. There came no power to 'control' or 'direct' my thoughts. All that came was incessant self-aware noise, as if I am incessantly reminded that I am hungry or thirsty. In that self-aware haze, I might -- might -- have the idea that 'oh, uh, I probably should choose to think about something productive', but amidst that torrent of thinking about my own thinking and thinking about my own feeling, I couldn't think of something better to think of even if I tried. It's like trying to focus on studying while there is a blaring recording crying 'YOU SHOULD STUDY YOU SHOULD STUDY'.
>>
>>24932724
>What a waste of life. To think that you could have made others' days brighter, helped them, discovered something, created something. Instead you chose self-absorption.

That implies that anything has more(or any) intrinsic value than the self.
>>
>>24932882
Stop fleeing into safe, secure, comfortable abstractions.

Your life is a waste. It doesn't make anyone else's life better. You could have educated yourself, and then others. You could have chosen to be an example. You didn't.
>>
>>24932323

oh wow the anti-Buddha is here in this thread
>>
>>24932937
Oh wow, Anon is polite (or new) enough to pretend that my occurrence in threads is relatively rare as opposed to a symptom of my purported mental illness which causes me to L I T E R A L L Y monitor every single thread 18 hours a day etc. etc. whatever.
>>
>>24932970
you sound bitter and disillusioned with everyone else
you said something like
>What a waste of life. To think that you could have made others' days brighter, helped them, discovered something, created something. Instead you chose self-absorption.
when not even you are doing that
>>
>>24933005
>if I use tu quoque often enough, people will stop seeing it as a fallacy!
>>
>>24933021
>if I use tu quoque often enough
uhhm, what?
>>
>>24932906
The second I die, "I" die.

I could say your life is a waste since you waste your time helping others to help yourself.
>>
>>24933041
I mean that the natural progression of a fallacist is, after a fallacy has become popularly recognized, imply that it is 'not that important' -- to hard-imply, so to say, its irrelevance. 'Oh, well, bah, yes, I definitely did deflect criticism by pointing it at you (correctly or not), but that is okay and hardly a fallacy anymore; it is a perfectly normal thing to do in discussion; stop going against the grain'.

>>24933055
Obscure, obscure, obscure. 'I--uh--good and evil and utility is relative and subjectivity of judgement and definitions of right and wrong and nothing matters and the judgement dies as soon as and THEREFORE I DID NO WRONG!'

Some people at least will get caught, that's certain.
>>
>>24933134
>after a fallacy has become popularly recognized, imply that it is 'not that important'

In other words, >2016 >still caring about fallacies
>>
File: Evilove.gif (15 KB, 93x148) Image search: [Google]
Evilove.gif
15 KB, 93x148
>tfw loving tulpa waifu
Who needs friends?
>>
>>24933134
There's no obscurity. What I'm saying is fact.

How is living for others any different than living for the self? Even in this instance it seems you're just pro-helping others to feel good about yourself.
>>
File: 1449347510021.jpg (446 KB, 1071x1072) Image search: [Google]
1449347510021.jpg
446 KB, 1071x1072
Theres a tulpa thread in /trash/ it has some experienced tulpamancers there and some info.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.