[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I invited a girl on tinder for drinks at a bar, however I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: whiskey.jpg (57 KB, 1000x705) Image search: [Google]
whiskey.jpg
57 KB, 1000x705
So I invited a girl on tinder for drinks at a bar, however I've never really been to an actual bar before, she suggested a place so that parts done but

How the fuck do I order a drink? If I just want whiskey do I just ask for a double whiskey, JD? Do normies say JD? Should I specifically ask for Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey? I want to make it seem like I'm not completely autistic.
>>
>>24931090
"jack, double, thankyou"

that should do it.

source; im drunk right now
>>
You'd just say "JD neat"

"Neat" means "without ice." And tip your bartender.
>>
>>24931090
Just get a rum and coke m8, you can't fuck that up.
>>
>>24931161
but I don't like rum anon.

I specifically only drink jd at home, because its the only liquor i can tolerate the taste of.
>>
>>24931161
He doesn't want rum and coke you faggot, he wants Jack D
just say this OP >>24931128
>>
Oh fuck, I just realized my wallet is shredded up to fuck and I've had it since I was 13. She's gonna notice.
>>
>>24931090

How much do you get paid to shill your bottom shelf liquor?
>>
Buying a drink is the last of your worries if you've never been to a bar.

I bet you don't even know about the chair rule.
>>
>>24931236
>A name that big needing to be shilled on a croatian cat-calling online colloquium
>>
Order a beer you're not there to get drunk
>>
>>24931223
again, the answer is obvious. if your wallet makes you look poor, keep a 20 or a 50 (idk which is better for your situation, generally a 50 is better if you can afford it) in your pocket, but outside your wallet.
>>
>>24931223
Buy a leather wallet cheap. Easy fix. And bars typically have beer on tap too if you're a beer person. The girl will very likely order mixed drinks/cocktails or light beer. You should order higher end whiskey/bourbon on the rocks first round with her, she'll probably want to taste it if it isn't a fucking shit jd.
>>
>>24931281

>corporations passing up some jew shekels
>ever
>>
File: 0954 - whi5jL6.png (39 KB, 648x628) Image search: [Google]
0954 - whi5jL6.png
39 KB, 648x628
If this is your first time going to a bar with a girl, don't be too worried about outcomes. Treat it as a learning experience. If you're hung up on how to order a drink, a sure fire way to look like a normie is to ask

"What's on tap?" (this means you are asking what their beer selection is that comes in a glass from the tap, not a can or bottle)

Then just pick something that isn't a cider. Ciders are for women and faggots. Also, don't order hard liquor.

Anyway, youre probably not going to knock your first date out of the park. Just learn from it and remember there are literally millions of other stacies out there.

source: I'm a normie
>>
>>24931223
Learn it brother:

https://youtu.be/ODPJOQX5We4
>>
>Can I get a Jack Daniels-
>Neat?
No Ice
>Rocks
Ice
>Mixed

Easy m8.
>>
>>24931279
>chair rule

Elaborate, never heard of such thing.
>>
>>24931090
"JD when?"

-"Stay noided desu baka senpai"
>>
File: IMG-20150617-WA0003.jpg (121 KB, 500x331) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20150617-WA0003.jpg
121 KB, 500x331
>>24931477

>He doesn't know about the chair rule
>>
>>24931388
>someone on /r9k/ giving good advice

listen to this guy, OP
>>
>>24931388
I really like spice and wolf ok...(they drink mad cider)

Also
>Original sin is good kek
>third season never
>>
>>24931515
>gets up to leave

"It's been a pleasure, Stefan :^)"
>>
When they say "do you want to start a tab?" they don't mean they're actually going to extend you a line of credit.

The tab is what you pay after you're done drinking.

Totally misinterpreted it the first time I heard it.
>>
>>24931128
>>24931158
>>24931189
>>24931287
>>24931430
>>24931451

Using fancy terms to order drinks and/or trying to flash cash to look impressive is pretty autistic.

"a double shot of jack daniels with no ice, please". Every bar tender everywhere will no what this means, you can't fuck it up. A sure fire way to make yourself look retarded would be to order "two fingers of jack, near and double short, and an appletini for m'lady"
>>
>>24931158
no it doesn't you fucking idiot

JD neat = just Jack Daniels in a glass
>>
>>24931388
>whats on tap?
does it not say on the tap, what's on tap? where are you from?
>>
>>24931388

cider thing is a bit dependent on local culture tbf
>>
>>24931616
Somewhere where the bars are longer than 5ft. Sitting directly in the center of a long bar is generally the loudest area in the joint. You aren't going to be able to have a conversation, and your date will suck.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVG1U-faqHY
follow this guide
>>
>>24931560
wtf, have u not seen a film or tv programme ever?
>>
>>24931616
Some places are pretty dumb and make it hard to see, or they'll have a dozen or more taps so there should be a big list to read. But apparently OP isn't into beer so whatever
>>
>>24931557
>goes to club

"IT'S SO FUCKING DARK IN HERE
COME COME
FUCK APART IN HERE"
>>
>>24931568
Isn't it like jack Daniels neat?

What does neat mean anyway
>>
>>24931652
you can't have a conversation, yet you ask the barman, probably the busiest person in the room, to list off all the drinks they have on tap? FAIR
>>
>>24931703
neat = no ice or any soft drink mixed in
>>
>>24931635
UK, west country/somerset here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zwwqEm5YhQ
>>
>>24931388
at a pub/bar I agree
but cider with dinner is fucking GOAT
>>
>>24931158

Not OP but I never want to say "on the rocks" or "neat" because I'm terrified the normietender will go "WHAT BRO?"
>>
>>24931610

Neat is without ice friend
>>
>>24931524
Having never been to an upscale bar, have no idea if its just a meme like penis inspection day or some actual custom I'm unaware of.
>>
>>24931950
they will know exactly what it means you dinghus
>>
>>24931989

Its some keks trying to force a meme they apparently made up
>>
>>24931568
Everybody, listen to this guy. Trying anything else and fucking it up could really ruin the night.
>>
>>24931997

No its that I'll stammer it like an autismal beta and then be humiliated

>"w-whiskey, neat"
>"WHAT'S THAT BUDDY?"
>>
>>24931388
>Ciders are for women and faggots
beer tastes like shit and im celiac I have to drink ciders. They usually have a higher alcohol content then most shitty american beers too so i dont see how drinking something that tastes actually good and has 6% to 8% abv is less manly then drinking 4.5% piss in a can
>>
>>24931090

Who else /voicetooquiet/ here? I have to repeat myself like three times or literally yell at even mildly loud bars
>>
It's so weird seeing you guys unsure of how to even order a drink. Alcohol is so ingrained into the culture here in the UK that pretty much everyone picks that shit up at an early age.

Not belittling anyone, just an interesting cultural difference since I assume you're Americans.
>>
>>24932065
I share this feel brother
>>
>>24932055
check out this faggot with his GLUTEN FREE ALCOHOL
>>
>>24932142
enjoy not getting drunk as fast off watered down piss, pleb.
>>
It's not like they have an entire assortment on display right behind the fucking counter. Just read out loud the label on the fanciest bottle.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.