[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What environmental factors causes highschoolers to go on shooting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: slide_221713_890610_free.jpg (278 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
slide_221713_890610_free.jpg
278 KB, 1200x900
What environmental factors causes highschoolers to go on shooting sprees?
>>
At Columbine? One was just sociopath, and pressured the other really hard.
At almost every other school shootings, the kids had it coming. Shooters get bullied relentlessly, no one cares or does anything about it, pushed to the brink.
Hell, read some of the robot bullying threads, you'll see stories that make your blood boil.
>>
>>24929069
Treatment.
How they are perceived and treated by those around them.
Unrealist standards of there social worth or what they deserve.
Many types of mental disorder can also be aquanted with the "mass Shooter" profile of killer.
>>
Roasties caused every single shooting ever. A guy feels fed up and like a loser, a terrorist is promised his virgins in heaven, it doesn't matter. Roasties cause shootings.
>>
I study sociology (i regret it, fuck off) and all the reasons they offer are all bullshit
>>
>>24929206
What do you think about it anon?
>>
Being white desu
>>
>environmental factors

I'm just gonna be straight with you. Appeals to "environmental factors" are the result of the social determinism/Marxist materialism narrative. This narrative is pushed by the academics and the media intelligentsia to set the stage for "broader discourse" about a very particular incident involving very particular individuals.

Take Columbine, for example. With convincing-sounding arguments, you could spin Columbine as a reason to believe in the government snatching guns, the video game/entertainment industry being censored, the increased need for whatever...

In truth, some people just drive themselves crazy and do crazy things. If a friend of mine who's otherwise perfectly rational started telling me that the mysterious ghost of environmental factors is going to make them shoot up a school or some horrible thing, I'd tell them to pull their heads out of their asses.

Besides, the whole school shooter thing seems to ignore the fact that shooters tend to write fucking manifestos detailing their reasons for deliberately doing insane shit. Take Dylann Roof for example. He was openly racist as fuck and let himself go crazy with it. Take Elliot Rodger (sp?) for example. He was openly a ravenously thirsty beta who let himself go crazy with it. Why don't we just say that the dudes drove themselves crazy, as flat as that? Why don't we hear the media saying this? My guess is that legitimizing the notion of personal responsibility would break all of the delicate double standards that PC media must uphold. Also, that would violate the media's sanction to sensationalize fucking anything-- that the media can publish insane shit and claim impartiality under the umbrella of "journalism".

This, by the way, and while I'm ranting, is why it's great to live in an era of technology where smart people can use the internet to access primary sources of news: you can watch a live stream or a video clip of a happening and judge for yourself.
>>
>>24929235
I think you're born that way, environment doesn't mean much. Can't justify murder with the fact that in year 4 the murderer got called ugly by a girl. Its trivial and stupid.
>>
the white boys shoot up schools meme hurts my feelings and makes me want to cry

Why are people of color so mean
>>
>>24929069

What would be interesting is a comparison with other countries and what is specific to the Land of Freedom.
In my country, schools are mostly shot by adults who are lunatics or muslims. In some countries, going hamok and killing random dudes with a knife is traditionnal.

So what could prevent future shootings?
> Ban Guns
> Ban WhiteBoys
> Double Ban HappaBoys
> Ban School

Especially interested if someone as statistics about non-whites shooting schools.
>>
>>24929069
Climate change
>>
>>24929381
Because we let them away with it
>>
>>24929556
get* away with it
>>
>>24929421
Non-whites shooting up schools isn't reported because its considered 'gang related'.

Still when you can only get your hands on a knife it becomes really hard to go on a rampage.

http://ktla.com/2015/10/17/unarmed-veteran-75-fights-off-knife-wielding-man-who-threatened-to-kill-kids-at-illinois-library-report/
>>
>>24929069
Bully. This is the main issue.
>>
>>24929069
>What environmental factors causes highschoolers to go on shooting sprees?

Bullying and a school system that doesn't give a shit about bullying - that's it, basically.
>>
>>24929615
>>24929359
I'm not talking about childhood
>>
>>24929069
An apathetic world creates apathetic people.
>>
Introverts.

Introverts are cancer to society.
>>
>>24929069
we are cutting down too many trees
not enough oxygen in babbys
>>
>>24929069
video games and marylin manson
>>
>>24929069
>flatlander as a teenager
>>
File: 14068139569932.png (822 KB, 3300x300) Image search: [Google]
14068139569932.png
822 KB, 3300x300
>>24929069
getting bullied and rejected
>>
>>24929359
>Elliot Rodger (sp?)
You're one of the few that actually have spelled his name correctly.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.