[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Third Year Psycology Student. Any one want me to psycobable there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 17
File: peanuts.jpg (8 KB, 300x265) Image search: [Google]
peanuts.jpg
8 KB, 300x265
Third Year Psycology Student.
Any one want me to psycobable there problem?
Feel Free to Dish, Rant, Troll, Or Come for some help.
>>
Cheeseburger with fries, please
>>
>>24928867
this.
Why in the hell did you choose psychology, OP? It is to girls what photography was 15 years ago.
>>
>>24928867
Oh man you just got utter wrecked there you bitch.
>>
>>24928867
That, Will be $2.30 at the first window Please.
>>
>>24928878
baka senpai better than the neet life you live. I can tell by the way you type you have severe psychological health issues
>>
>>24928879
Since, I work at McDonalds. Yes, Yes he did.

>>24928878
Honestly, I'm going to a double Major in Psychology and Philosophy. Because, They interest me Yes, It will be a shit degree probably won't make money with it. But, going after it actually make me happy.
>>
I'll have a burger. Salted.
>>
>>24928916
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ok guys the joke not funny anymore I will actually get a job with this so fuck off pls. Thanks ;)
>>
>>24928916
They all come salted. Sir.
>>
File: 1349797709522.jpg (55 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1349797709522.jpg
55 KB, 399x388
>dad is neglectful and spends all the money on going to bars, never home
>mom has several mental disorders and goes psychotic every so often
>she tried to stab me with a knife
>hide in my room all day because I'm too scared to leave

>still can't leave room
>have trouble socializing with anyone
>have rapid mood swings that persist through the whole day
>getting the same illnesses as my mom, have had several psychotic episodes, and fear that I'm gonna end up just like her

DBT helps a little, but I don't know where to go. My life feels so empty and pointless, and I can't do the things I want to do because of my anxiety and depression.
>>
>>24928900
I'm not a NEET. Now you're just projecting your concerns onto me. You know I'm doing something more worthwhile so you're trying to dismiss me. Hah, and I've never even taken one class in your shitty pseudoscience. How about you stop babbling and fill that man's order?
>>
>>24928927
>>24928926
>no one got my ebin reference
>>
File: compasses.jpg (22 KB, 283x283) Image search: [Google]
compasses.jpg
22 KB, 283x283
>>24928853
ok this one is real one.
I have issues to pee when someone is around.

I think that I identified trauma from childhood that caused this issue.

>be me 2nd grade (about 7 years old)
>building houses only 1st and 2nd grade
>taking piss
>no one around
>well known school bully approaches me
>he is at least 5 years older than me
>he drop-out few times so he is still in 2nd grade
>threatens me to "stab" my dick with compasses

any chance that this can somehow help me overcome this anxiety?
>>
>>24928937
Dad, Is self medicating with alcohol duh. Trying to spend all time away from the house. But, Does not leave mother so he wants to help. Does not know how yet cares enough not to leave entirely.
>Try not to be to hard on him.

Your mom should probably be institutionalized or on medications if her psychotic episode are that severe. Does she see a real psychologist.

Moving on to you. You Anxiety is probably a symptom of worry for and from your mother. I would say that you probably do not have the same illnesses since a lot of times they are not genetic.

I would suggest that you try to get out of the living conditions. Try to get some help or get diagnosed to see if you might have her illness if so you can start treatment early and probably never get as bad as her.

Just being out of such the environment will probably severely reduce your Anxiety and depression
>>
>>24928956
If for reals. A childhood trauma like this could induce a Anxiety.

The only real way to get help with this would be through practice therapy. Find some you absolutely trust To stand in the bathroom facing away from you while you pee and just get used to the idea that no one else is going to stab you in the penis.
>>
>>24929026
I do have the same illnesses, I've been diagnosed by a doctor and show a lot of the same behavior as her. I do copious drugs, self-harm, act out all the time, and I've had to go to the hospital. It's all just getting worse and the meds aren't helping.

My dad left my mom a few years ago. My mom refuses all treatment.

I go for walks now and then.
>>
File: 1420742934438.jpg (516 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1420742934438.jpg
516 KB, 1280x720
what are some ways I can induce psychoses in my self?
>>
>>24928853
How do we stop these damn kikes?
>>
hey man mind getting me a large cola, some tendies and a cheeseburger.
>>
>>24929154
Why in the world would you want to self induce psychoses?
>>
>>24929154
Take delirants
>>
>>24928878
>le psychology is le shit degree
This uninformed meme needs to end.
>>
>>24929074
Then you need to remove your self from your mother. Worst case scenario is your Psychosis could synchronize.

Best case, By being around her or even attempting to be a care taker your putting your mental health more at risk.

By >copious drugs. I'm going to guess your not talking prescribed or a combination of both?

>self harm is a constant sign in many mental health cases. You said Doctor? Medical or Therapist. Because, Doctors will go with the most obvious solution while it could be a few minor mental cases showing similar symptoms or even. Fuck... I can't find the name of it. But, basically copy cat syndrome.

If your mom get worse you may be able to legally have her committed to treatment. Especially if violent episodes are common.

Get to a real therapist. Get diagnosed. Get Job or Govt Support depending on what the therapist says. Get out of the negative environment.

Only smoke weed or take Prescribed medication. Most other drugs will increase psychosis.
>>
>>24929173 This
>>24929154
Or just take like 15-30 benadrill and a hit of acid depending on your body weight.

>>24929163

McDonald don't serve trendies you pleeb. You get a 4 piece nugget. That will be 4.24
>>
>>24929177
Well I only partly agree. It ha a shit view because usually if (especially girls) people don't know what to study they go psychology because lol no maths, easy degree. Though nowadays with all these new anxieties and what not popping up, you can possibly make money off retards.
In that regard it's like the let's play/streamer field. Too many jumping on the train, but if you can establish yourself you can make easy money
>>
>>24929162
Elect Donald Trump...........
>>
>>24929210
>McDonald don't serve trendies you pleeb
Excuse me sir, could you please call your manager.
>>
>>24929180
And weed doesn't increase psychosis in people that are prone to it?

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about senpai, and you're fucking people up with your incompetent bullshit
>>
>>24929221
>>24929177
You guy's see my pot here

>>24928908
Also, Want to be High School counselor and try to help Robots before they go to far.
>>
>>24929177
>uninformed
https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2015/08/28/landmark-study-suggests-most-psychology-studies-dont-yield-reproducible-results

it's never too late to change major, anon
>>
>>24929221
Exactly, plenty of dumbos that'll end up in HR or something like that. But you can go for serious clinical pyschology as well.
>>
File: BestGoy.png (26 KB, 625x257) Image search: [Google]
BestGoy.png
26 KB, 625x257
>>24929231
Not gonna work
>>
File: 1437753290225.gif (142 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1437753290225.gif
142 KB, 400x400
>>24929167
sometimes when you are lost its better to not know where you are going

>>24929173
>>24929210
thanks guys
>>
>>24929054
thanks and one more thing.
I can't really recall when but that anxiety did not kicked in right after that incident. I would say it took years, is that normal? or it might be caused by something completely else? because from what I saw on internet there is whole bunch of people with this problem and I don't think they all had such experience.
>>
>>24929255
You think normie moms with ADHD kids care? They just want their kids helped. The waiting lists are growing larger every year for a diagnosis. After that, treatment.
>>
>>24929238
IT's a debated Field of discussion. There are new'er studies that show it's a good treatment for it. Older studies and Government funded studies are still showing it as a detriment .

based on what i have read and been shows in class. I'm in the side of the argument that supports the evidence it helps.
>>
>>24929180
I'm already away from her and I don't want to go back to my home again. I don't know how she's doing now because I never talk to her. I'm seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist.

I mostly take kratom, which is like a mild opiate. It helps with my anxiety a lot. I also smoke. Sometimes I take research chems or DXM, I go on binges for a week or so. Weed makes me hallucinate a lot and feel unpleasant.
>>
>>24928853
>get scared when walking in small groups of people
>or when standing in front of someone important
>start breathing irregularly
>have to concentrate on breathing
>also happens when I'm talking with someone 1 on 1
>or when speaking in front of a group of people
what's wrong with me?
>>
>have a Rosey mommy
>it's night time
>got my Samurai Jack playing on the TV
>she opens the door and walks to the bed
>kisses me on the head, I reach up and hug, she hugs me back
>"Goodnight sweetheart, you sleep well okay? I love you."
>m-mommy you forgot
>she smiles, pulls my covers down, pulls up my shirt
>blows a raspberry on my tummy, I giggle which makes her giggle
>she sighs a contented sigh, looks me in the eyes
>"Hmm, I think you forgot something too honey."
>w-wha-
>she puts her armpit over my face and says
>"Stinky pit attack!"
>i giggle and laugh, she pulls away laughing
>hug one more time
>she kisses me on the head one more time
>walks over to my door, turns off the light, and walks out
>before shutting the door, she leans in
>"Goodnight buddy, sweet dreams."
>goodnight mommy, I love you!
>she shuts the door gently, turns the hallway light off, I hear her footsteps as she walks back upstairs
Literally nothing would make me happier, I don't even give a shit about sex.

Please diagnose what's wrong with me, what happened to me growing up to make me this way, and any other interesting tidbits.

>tfw mommy and me, as happy as can be
>tfw mommy's little boy, her pride and joy
>>
Psychoanalysis is better, nbs
>>
>>24929319
Basic Panic attacks brought on by public performance. You get worried about how people react to your presence over think reactions or words and body goes into a panic Panic attack takes form of hyperventilation So you have to think to control your breathing.

>>24929268
http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trumps-ex-wife-once-said-he-kept-a-book-of-hitlers-speeches-by-his-bed-2015-8

>>24929270
I"v also, Played with it. Before i started my degree i hated being in a sober mind set. Like to just be lost.

>>24929274
Could of been repressed for a few year and trigger'd by some minor trauma latter on.

And, Most of those people had a public urination anxiety got to gather and tried to turn it into some conspiracy level deseise.

many people have public bathroom anxiety because it's seen as a solitary act.
>>
>>24929302
Newer studies tend to say things on the range of weed curing world hunger
But even with that, it's a debated field of discussion as you said
Why would you recommend something thats debated to cause psychosis to someone who had episodes? In drug regards its better for him to do opiates desu
>>
>>24928853
Why don't you psychobabble yourself into an actual degree, so you can actually get a job? Why are you such a narcissistic cunt, that you think you have any real advice to offer anyone, when you haven't even finished a Bachelor's in psych, let alone have had any graduate studies to actually know what you're talking about?
>>
>>24929322
Mommy's boy?

I'm going to take a shot in the dark.
You were spoiled. She always treated every thing you did as amazing. Always there for you when you fell. Did her best to make sure you never actually had to worry about failure?

If i am wrong tell me I do have a second theory biased on the information you gave me.
>>
File: 1443387326841.jpg (124 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1443387326841.jpg
124 KB, 1200x1600
>>24929425
Actually the opposite. Grew up without a mom, when I did see her she was drunk (raging alcoholic), tried to kill me by drunk driving with me in the car.
Nice degree senpai
>>
>>24929403
The job i want this is a required degree. And, Because i fucking want to .

>>24929389
Like i said. Opiates are a much higher rate of addiction and addiction can cause more negative side effects on the Psycosis.

And, Even though it's debated it's already being prescribed by some Psychologists. And, I tend to agree with the shown science.
>>
>>24929461
>>tfw mommy and me, as happy as can be
>>tfw mommy's little boy, her pride and joy

I though you meant these as what your childhood was like.

If your mom was a bitch and your Relation ship sucked your are just wanting every thing you think you missed out on and the love of a mother since you never knew it. Don't need a degree for that.
>>
File: 230px-Asukka13.jpg (11 KB, 230x173) Image search: [Google]
230px-Asukka13.jpg
11 KB, 230x173
Is there a psychiatric explanation for liking Tsundere?
>>
>>24929467
I read the thread after I posted, and my inkling was right: your "advice" is essentially the same as some dickhead picking up Psychology Today magazine, half-ass reading an article, and thinking he knows fuck all. You even told someone to smoke weed to deal with their problems.
Let's face it, you're some liberal arts hipster faggot, who couldn't hack it with anything else, so you picked some degree that sounds like something smart people do, that really has no workload, so you can sit around and smoke weed for four years. Fuck off, faggot, you're dumb as a box of rocks and the thread proves it.
>>
>>24929505
Ah, no mane, was just stating my fantasy.
The thing is that it effects my normal relationships with women. I don't even really want a gf, just want a mom. Not particularly interested in sex with women, and yes I am straight. Does that have to do with that, or is there some deeper seated issue?
Sorry for bullying, I actually like your degree/psychology. Thanks for the input.
>>
>>24929509
>Tsundere?
You don't want a easy relations ship.
You might be combative or submissive by nature. In one way you want to win her over by being her equal and over coming her hostility. IN the other you want to be submissive her her strength to the point were she loves in in a dominant postilion almost akin to pity.

Which would you think you might be.
>>
File: trumpster.png (641 KB, 640x619) Image search: [Google]
trumpster.png
641 KB, 640x619
>>24928853
I suffer from oneitis. I love this girl for years and she's not even in my life anymore. To me she is comparable to the Virgin Mary. But she's not virgin or saint. How do I solve this issue?
>>
>>24929509
If you were bullied and or rejected by females, this allows you to rationalize it as them secretly having a crush on you.
>>
>>24929561
Idealized veiw of a person. Probably close to your first crush or some other trigger. Instead of being able to move on you obsesse over them.

You need to try to push all knowledge of her out your life. Unfriend, Delete number, Get rid of any physical object and just let it go.
>>24929531
Your actually quite aware of your deep seated issue. You know that you want a mother figure in your life. You crave the mother you never had. It's very common from a broken home.

In a relation ship. No matter weather your a dominate or submissive personality. You ether over compasate for wanting to be babbied and drive them away. Or you actually try to subverse them into the roll and it get weird with out them knowing the real reason.

I would seek out milf communities. There are laddies who have grown children who still want to mother some one. Some times sex is a thing in them some times not. Mother therapy is kind of a thing. But, IT's looked at like sex therapy and not main stream approved.
>>
>>24929527
No, senpai, I think you're the retard. You're just another edgy asshat who wants too fit in here so.you start shit with any dumb ass meme thats been around forever, just like you did. Telling him he studied liberal arts is literally saying everything I need to know about you, which is basically:

Your opinion is invalid. Go form some opinions on your own and use that brain if you have one. Try finding another insult other than SJW and white night.
>>
I keep o jumping between fringe groups amd cant commit to anything. My closest friends are drifting apart and Im starting to feel lonely for the first time in my life. I dont feel like I fit in anywhere. Help me glorified arts degree student, what can I do other than blow my brains out
>>
Are there any known cures for autism
>>
>Really want someone to cuddle with and comfort me
>Not super interested in a relationship
>Don't like back rubs or anything physical of the sort except from a females and not even them sometimes
>Hate talking about feelings and personal things so I just make up somw bullshit that's very generic

Please explain OP. And please don't mind the assholes, all they know how to do is spout off typical 4chan memes.
>>
>>24929695
Are you a guy? You want to fug girls and hangout with bros all day. This is normal. Not OP btw
>>
>>24929657
So, This one i can personally relate you.
Your hobbies or interests can constantly change You like something one week. It bores you the next. There a few theories on this. Ranging from a longer term form of ADD. To just a ever shifting personality. To be counted as a symptom to a range of other Mental Illnesses.

Are, Your closest freinds drifting apart because you don't commit to one identity or set of intrests. They still like things you grew tired of long ago.

And, maybe you don't fit in. Some people don't have a niche. They will never be in that one group. They usually fell like an outsider, or purpously kept out of any ninche they want to be in. Mostly because the ninche they like at the time thinks there a poser because the drop and pick up and identity at one moment. Even though people like this can feel and relate to that identity harder them most lifer's but there personality shifts before they commit to long.
>>
>>24929695
Easy answer is you are a cat!
You want attention only on your terms. Only when you want it. You do not crave her need constant affection. But, At times you really care and need it. You don't like to share that could be for a mulltatude of reasons. But, Going with the others things you said. I'm going to it's just cause your personal.

Does this only bother you because the idea of wanting a relation ship is the norm and your want to part of it. or worried about not being part of it.
>>
>>24929621
I'm a psychiatrist. I never offered anyone, any advice, until I completed med school, did my residency and got certified.
I saw a million faggots like OP, in my undergrad days. I mean, what does "third year student" even mean? That doesn't tell anyone how many credits he's completed, just that he's been in school for three years, and from everything he's posted, it doesn't take a psychiatrist to figure out that he means he's dicked around for three years and did fuck all. You can say "meme meme meme" until the cows come home, but it doesn't change the fact that OP sucks cocks on a daily basis.
He's got nothing going on in his life, so he takes to 4chan, to pretend like he knows anything about his purported field, while spouting meme psych, himself. Only a narcissist would behave this way.
But go on, tell me my opinion is invalid, when it's my profession, when I'm not some undergrad chump pretender. Suck my cock and choke to death on my semen, you stupid fucking faggot.
>>
>>24929721
I really don't think it's as simple as that, because talking about personal things always makes my anxiety go up and I feel threatened. I'm very off putting toward my family and never wanted a relationship any of them because it felt too weird.
>>
>>24929733
This sounds true. I wouldnt say weekly change, maybe monthly? Is there a way for me to stick into one niche? Maybe if I can commit myself to one then it will stick and I will feel like I belong there.

Also I think the friends thing is more to do we know each other from high school but shared intrests dont go far
>>
>>24929789
>getting this rustled by an /r9k/ thread
some people baka
>>
>go outside and smoke more weed

T-thanks OP.
>>
>>24929777
See this.
>>24929800

I feel kind of worried about it. I only want one person I can really trust and tell everything to. Like an ultimate best friend. I'd want it to be a girl because I don't feel comfortable saying personal things to guys. I would'nt even need any other friends. But I don't have that kind of friend.and it depresses me.
>>
>>24929789
General psychology
Social psychology
Abnormal Psychology
Biological psychology

and Theories of personality.

Last year will be Statistics and Senior Seminar

Plus all the side stuff for degree requirements
>>
>>24929840
desu senpai I deal with all kinds of fucked up retards all the time, so I come here to call people faggots and let off steam, so I can go to work and NOT call people faggots.
>>
>>24928878
Because it's interesting. Why does everything someone does have to translate into a job? Maybe he just likes finding out about the brain.
>>
Where is my soda?
>>
>>24929270
>sometimes when you are lost its better to not know where you are going

But you aren't lost if there wasn't a planned destination to begin with.
>>
File: 1445666993776.jpg (13 KB, 249x250) Image search: [Google]
1445666993776.jpg
13 KB, 249x250
>>24929789
I don't believe doctors browse 4chan. Actual medical doctors, not phoney physics/philosophy/macrame doctors
>>
I have dreams about past experiences of whem I helped someone, except in the dream I help them better than I did irl. This should be an easy one I think, right?
>>
>>24929849
Social anxiety can only be treated through actually confronting it. Smoking weed is actually prescribed to relax Social anxiety so social skill can be learned with out the anxiety acting up to much.
>>24929860
Okay, So since some of your first entry was contradictory. Then yes. You want a best friends but one who will know when you need her and when you don't. So besides that I'd stand besides my original post. But, IF you ever to have somthing like that you would have to leave some of those comfort zones an realize that she would need you to and that you would have to comprimiise your withdrawness.

and, If you just open up and let people in freinds arnt' hard to find. Even if there just Online one's you can find some on you can spill to and see what comes out.

>>24929814
I can tell you it's hard. Sticking to my degree has been a fucking effort in commitment. I got board with it half way through my first semester. Tried my best to keep going. Got re-interested in it for a while. It's been a pattern.

You may be able to forcabilly commit your self to somthing and stick to it. It might work. But, Probably not. Find people who are as shifting as you some times your identities combine but at other times you enjoy talking in your new different interests.

If you did not devolve to the level of feeling like family as friends with your high school friends the drift away with out shared inst rests in easily common.
>>
>>24929881
Is your dad paying for your college like OP's dad is?
>>
File: light.jpg (39 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
light.jpg
39 KB, 300x400
>>24928853
I have been neet and celebrate for the last 3 years. In that time I haven't even tried to change things.
>>
>>24929912
Common Over achiever.

Probably think you should do better on a lot of things.

Or, Mother Mercy type complex were when you give you worry you did not give enough and hope they did alright.
>>
>>24929954
Yes, and my appartment. Suck it, poorfag
>>
>>24929957
Comfy is used as a meme quite regularly. But, Because it's truth. You can get used to misery, Sadness, Lonesomeness at then when it becomes the norm. It's harder to dig out of that Hole. It's what you know and your scared of change.
>>24929954
Student loans and Working wage cuke at McDonald is how i pay for collage.
>>
>>24929999
>Those quads

Confirmed for not bullshitting.
Also, thanks for the help OP. I appreciate it.
>>
8 Hours. Tell i have to report in for wage cuke statis.

Since i am on winter break and am done with classes i will probably open thread back up in the next few nights again.

It was a good time. Will lurk on mobile tell i pass out.
>>
>>24929999
Nice quads, but how much did you pay for a degree that basically qualifies you to tell people the most blatantly obvious and useless shit?
>>
I often wonder why I don't achieve more goals than I do. There's enough info out there to get fit, rich, make friends and all that shit but why don't I do that?
>>
How can you tell if someone is clinically depressed?
>>
>>24930107
close to 75k
>>
>>24930150
Could be a few reasons. fear of failure. lack of motivation. lack of effort.
or they don't make you happy short term like hobbies do so it becomes a time issue
>>
I sometimes experience hallucinations, rarely. I was exposed to cats as a child, also I smoke weed daily. What are my chances of developing schizophrenia at this point? Should I seek treatment if I have experienced (sober) hallucinations before? I am a 24-year-old NEET female.

Is there anything you can do to prevent schizophrenia or is it kind of set in stone after you fuck up?

It runs in my family although not everyone has it.
>>
>>24930213
I think it's a lack of motivation. Any tips on how to get more motivated?
>>
>>24930226
What kind of hallucinations? And, is there a pattern of who it hits in the family? Also as a self stated neet I'm guessing self or normally diagnosed depression/anxiety?
>>
>>24930226
Cut the weed out.

Hard to put a number on your chances and it also depends on which family relatives have it. "Direct" like a sibling or parent matters a lot more than uncle etc.

A lot of conditions can cause hallucinations outside of schizophrenia and there's actually a lot more to schizo than just hallucinating. Is it visual only? Schizo tends to be more auditory from what I know.

The symptoms can be controlled and you can live a fairly normal life. Early intervention helps.
>>
>>24930241
Standard suggested treatment would be practice. Lack of motivation is usually caused by a lazy routine you get used to doing nothing or just hobbies any thing else is effort.

Set goals and make baby steps and work on it a little every day you will have to begrudgingly force your self at first but it will become easy if not something enjoyable after a few months routine is key.
>>
>>24930226
The options are toughing and out and being put on a nice anti-psych that puts you to sleep and makes you shuffle around like a zombie all day, getting a really stiff face at random moments and being too emotionless and motivationless to do anything.
>>
>>24930264
I was diagnosed with PTSD (by a professional) after being involved in a murder-suicide as a teenager, I was just watching. My NEET life started around then, I dropped out of high school and stopped going outside. Did therapy for a couple years with little success, then I did a lot of LSD and MDMA after some friends recommended it for treatment around 20. This is when I started smoking weed. I don't experience anymore serious symptoms of PTSD now.

>>24930279
It is both, although I haven't had any psychosis for quite a few months now. Sometimes it sounds like I can hear someone saying my name, or yelling "Yeah!" in my ear. Most visual hallucinations revolve around a small demon. When I don't smoke weed, I feel very suicidal/depressed, hence why I got back on. I did try taking a break for about a year but couldn't handle it and tried to kill myself. Started smoking again after that. I have no siblings, but my mother doesn't have schizophrenia so that's good. It's mostly female relatives that have had brain issues.

>>24930327
Yeah, I know this is coming if I am diagnosed. Although, I had one relative who refused to take medication and people in my family just dealt with her. I always found her pleasant to be around but other family members claimed she was a nightmare (in the past).
>>
>>24930327
Yeah it's dumb how people think we're actually ahead of the 1950s when it comes to medication. SSRI's and Antipsychs still fucking exist, god knows what the people will think of that in a hundred years.
>>
>>24930159
There's a long line of symptoms to run through. What do you have?
>>
>>24930383
Transient psychosis can be a thing with PTSD and borderline personality, I know from experience. Interesting how you smoke though, something like 70% of schizos smoke, I wonder what the connection is?

Yours could also be hormonal if it's only females. Ever had hormones tested?
>>
>>24930414
No I haven't, but that's interesting. I've always thought there was something off about my hormones due to skin issues. I will get them tested.
>>
>>24930383
Don't have to be diagnosed with anything, if you're having hallucinations they'll give you Seroquel or Risperdal without thinking twice. Then soon your tits will be swelling with manmilk and you'll have weird jerky motions all day.
>>
>>24930383
The depression/suicidal is a symptom of the ptsd. All of that together including Lsd which can cause flash backs. I'm 85% sure you do not have schizophrenia
>>
>>24930480
Thanks man, that's reassuring. I don't want my brain to rot.
>>
>>24930414
Schizophrenics smoke cigarettes, not weed. It activates nicotinic acetylcholine receptors, which helps with the negative symptoms like poor focus and a wandering mind, and it reduces anxiety through GABA downstream activation. Weed triggers hallucinations/anxiety (the sativa strain, at least) and can make symptoms a lot worse. I should know, I am a schizo who smokes.

>>24930383
I would recommend switching to an indica strain if you haven't already. Indica contains more CBD, which is a natural anti-psychotic.
>>
>>24930490
Minor hallucinations can be a symptom of all those thing. Stay away from lsd Molly. etc. If they do get any worse don't be scared to get a real check up early knowledge could be treated and possibly avoid meds tell much later
>>
>>24930503
I can't choose due to the state I am in, but I will try CBD oil.
>>
>>24930480
>LSD can cause flashbacks.

How outdated is your info?

>>24930503
I know, I was talking about cigs when I said the smoking thing. I always wondered if I was schizo. I have a lot of negative symptoms and I sometimes hallucinate but I'm not quite there...and don't fucking want to be. I had an early intervention team for it when I was like 15 and they didn't do jack shit.
>>
>>24930548
LSD can build up in joints. When joints are poped lantern left's overs are reintroduced into the blood stream. Hence flash backs
>>
>>24928853
Ive been feeling really mentally exhausted with headaches the past few weeks. I exercise and drink lots of water.
Only thing that helps is weed or painkillers. I dont feel sad just tired.
Do i have cancer or what? This has never happened.
Also i do avoid fast food and sleep well
>>
>>24930622
What type of pain and can you give an idea of where it hurts. Different Areas and pain can mean different things.
>>
>>24930606
Where are you getting this information from? Newest research has shown that drugs do not cause build up, instead what happens is the brain builds new pathways while under the influence of certain drugs.

http://rsif.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/11/101/20140873.full

http://www.livescience.com/48502-magic-mushrooms-change-brain-networks.html
>>
File: download.jpg (3 KB, 194x145) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3 KB, 194x145
This guy is such a little bullshitter, most of his responses make me think this guy only read Wikipedia pages on psychology because of his despairing home life. I wouldn't trust this role playing loser, he's giving some god awful advice.
>pro tip if you have anxiety, just stick this drumstick up your and stop being such a little bitch and grow up.
>>
>>24930707
Acid was covered first year and even then textbook was a few years older. I'll have to look more into New research thanks for links.
>>
>>24930690
Usually light headaches that drain my energy. Also pain in my lower left side of my stomach sometimes
>>
>>24930712
Actually. For most minor cases of anxiety. Stop being a little birch and grow up is prescribed in a nice way. Or through confertation therapy where you face it or they just throw drugs at it.
>>
>>24928853
my friend has been acting weird lately and I am worried that he has gotten brain damage because he is constantly drunk.
he never answers any of my questions

he is really obsessed with this one shitty movie that is about old finnish blacksmiths or something and he constantly tells me that some character from the movie is coming to his house or an actor from another movie and he believes 100% that this is true.

he also usually doesnt know where he is and tells me to come to some random place even tough I know he isnt there and when I ask why I need to go there he denies that he ever said anything.

this has been going on for about 3 months and I havent seen him since this started, I am worried that he is in a alcohol psychosis or something.
>>
>>24930791
plus he tells me that he is constantly being watched/stalked
>>
>>24930770
Sounds like it could be low blood flow. I would go for a standard check up of use the arm cuff at a local pharmacy to see if you have hypertension. Though your issue defiantly sound More physical then psychological.
>>
>>24930791
Sounds like kirsakofs syndrom.
>>
>>24930862
Will you be on here later?
Or anytime ever again?
>>
>>24930862
Tru. There are no free clinics around here and im broke. I cut back on drinking and smoking so i think I'll just ride it out and see if it continues. I was thinking it might have to do with my blood but i already take iron pills.
>>
>>24930764
That makes sense, most of these new studies that are happening after approval seeked by MAPS, which only recently was approved for LSD and MDMA research.

Most of these studies are only conducted on LSD, MDMA, cannabis and psilocybin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multidisciplinary_Association_for_Psychedelic_Studies
>>
>>24930970
Was planning on posting again tonight after work. I really need to get some sleep though. I got under 7 hours tell I clock in and have been up all night doing this.
>>
>>24930971
Eat hot peppers. stretch more and head even with heart while sleeping no elevation. that's all I remember on blood flow head akes. we did not spend much time on the bio side of Psyco-biology
>>
lol your "degree" is garbage. enjoy constantly misdiagnosing your patients
>>
File: JUST.png (2 MB, 1313x1875) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
2 MB, 1313x1875
>lol bro just leave that environment
>>
OP will you be here for the next five minutes or so while I type up my problem? I don't want it to fall on deaf ears
>>
>>24931075
Do you know what time you'll be back in EST?
>>
>>24931075
Ok thanks anon
>>
>>24931190
>tfw you always get to threads like this right as OP leaves
>>
>>24931264
1am Mountain
>>24931190
got 15 mins and I'm turning off my WiFi lol
>>
File: 1447379421739.jpg (150 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1447379421739.jpg
150 KB, 800x800
So on my 21st bday I got told im Schizoaffective, can it truly be ever healed or will I forever hear little billy in my head telling me to kill myself.
>>
>>24931471
Treated not cured.
Drugs or therapy can reduce the amount and severity of hallucinations
>>
File: adf_1_.jpg (15 KB, 502x417) Image search: [Google]
adf_1_.jpg
15 KB, 502x417
>>24930606
>>24930764
>>24930528

Proof OP is a literal retard.
My mom has 2 masters in psychology and his working on her 3rd, and this shit hasn't been taught for 20 years.

Enjoy your fantasies, OP.
>>
>>24930528
>MDMA
>Hallucinations
wow you really have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>24931412
alright senpai here's the deal

I've been diagnosed with bipolar type 1 and necrophilia by several different psychologists and psychiatrists
the current doctors I'm seeing think that I would benefit most from seeing a specialist on paraphilias because that affects my day-to-day life much more than my bipolar disorder does (the mania is completely under control with medication, and I manage the depression well enough to hold down a job and live independently)
the trouble is I live in a state with VERY few paraphilic specialists, and the ones that are here are insanely expensive. I'm currently affording my medical treatment by having the VA pay for it through a massive loophole.
do I undergo the insane process of trying to get the veteran's association to pay for outsourced treatment for an unusual mental health condition- which will probably not even work- or focus my efforts on continuing treatment with the doctors I already have, who have basically said outright that they don't know how to help me past a certain point and have no intention of doing so?
>>
>>24931511
Referr to
>>24930995
>>
>>24931553
using wikipedia articles as sources is extremely unprofessional and makes you look like a tool
in the future you should refrain from using it in even the most casual environments if you want to be taken seriously
>>
>>24931553
Those claims were always unfounded to begin with.
Nice way to ignore exactly what I'm saying now.

You're a liar and a charlatan at best.
>>
>>24931552
I would say you should try for the specialized help. If your current shrink can not or won't help you with the major problem while helping you with Bipolar its like fixing the cracks in a bever danm. The main problem would only get worse.

My worry is a drawn out fight with the VA could also be a trigger to worsen symptoms of both illnesses.
>>
File: 1442809144047.png (80 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1442809144047.png
80 KB, 500x501
>believing OP
>>
I got married. Am I a kek?
>>
>>24931755
Your kek and cuked and a normie
>>
>>24931669
that's my concern as well. if I don't bother trying to get help elsewhere, my problems may deteriorate, but since I've been seeing my current shrinks things have only been improving. I don't really know what to do.. hence why I'm asking for some advice.
>>
>>24928853
Why do I feel extremely motivated and happy some days, and depressed with no motivation other days.
>>
>>24931854
Because you're a teenager
>>
>>24931803
Ether answer is a catch 22.

1. You stay on just treatment for bipolar trying to keep the other at bay you may improve but the other could be a time bomb issue.

2. you seek out specialist help. But searching or moving or fighting th VA could make symptoms worse in the short term or lead to a spiral collapse if out right denied.

But, With something that severe you are only delaying a collapse if you only treat the Bipolar. Try to find a specialist.

There are legit degree holding online shrinks maybe you could find a specialist for cheaper then local.

Good luck. I have to go. got 6 hours tell work been up since 2 hours from now yesterday.
>>
>>24931854
5000 factors!
>>
>>24931897
26 actually get fucked.
>>
>>24931921
Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.
>>
>>24931938
Is there a way to narrow it down?
>>
im a 26 year old virgin. women and relationships is the only think i can focus. because of this, i''ve failed several years in college, changed universities, broke up friendships with people, etc

i fucking know to "stop caring and work on yourself" but the pain is unbearable for me to carry

and the worst thing is im not bad looking, tall and in good shape. so i can attract a lot of girls but after a couple of days, they all seem to smell my failure of being.

so its even worse than just being bad looking. it's a flaw in my personality and way of being. this year i was rejected by 9 girls. all were attracted to me in the beginning.

i've tried playing it cool, be myself, just relax, try hard, everything. and failed. i've given up on women but when i try to move on, there's always one that enters my life and gives me that small bit of hope that ends up crushing my soul in the end.
>>
I spend every day staring at screens, and I haven't been able to hold an interest/hobby in my life besides staring at screens because it takes up all my time and thought
Whenever I try another activity, I can only build it up through some kind of mini-habit so it ends up being kind of a chore which I might enjoy but I never actually end up getting interested in it. This one time I managed to get into reading but after I finished a trilogy I couldn't be bothered to find any more books to read and I stopped reading for another 3 months.
I used to go to the gym as a NEET but after starting uni I stopped that completely too
I mean I can't stick to anything and I don't feel bad, but that's an issue because I used to feel bad and that motivated me to change a bit. Now I feel nothing and so I'm stuck like this

is this one of those meme issues a lot of people online have and the answer is just to do shit
>>
>>24932378
yeah your type is actually pretty common why do you think normies have no actual hobbies? You're just young and finding yourself.
>>
>>24930995
Should I do some of these drugs if I have PTSD? Seems like they can't hurt. Obviously I'd try to structure them in some kind of therapeutic, meaningful way. I don't know if I could get someone else to help me.

What would you do if I showed up to your therapy high, OP? I went to my therapist high on cough syrup and he just thought I was still a little off from my recent psychotic episode (DXM and schizophrenia have similar symptoms).
>>
It hasn't happened in a month or so, but I keep having dreams where I'm back in high school on some technicality or have to finish a day anyway. I have two bachelors degrees and am in grad school, idk why it keeps happening but it always pisses me off within the dream. It inevitably turns into some kind of adventure story of escaping high school
>>
>>24931511
>his shit hasn't been taught for 20 years.

Depends which country he's from. Where I'm living, Freundian garbage is still going stronk.

Studies from all over the world showed it was shit at treating depression, so praticians cried a river and our health Minister made some weird claim that mental suffering was "unmeasurable" to appease those babies.

Right now there are people who think that autism is the mother's fault and can be cured with cold showers, and they have real patients whom shit to just fuck up.
>>
>>24933246
Sure, but I don't recommend DXM if you have PTSD. It's more of a dissociative and won't really assist someone with PTSD since you want something to give you positive therapy.
>>
>>24933246
>>24933405
for what it's worth i have PTSD and on a mushroom trip I physically "felt/saw" (mad synthesia) myself coming to a literal vault of all my bad shit. I chose not to open it, but maybe next time (that will likely be late summer, I pick mine here in England).

It was...odd having the things all so close, but the vault stayed locked and will do until I want it to open.
>>
>>24928853
Ok, OP:

>come from an abusive family
>my grandmother clearly has a narcissistic disorder
>raised my mom and uncles, they're all fucked up in the head for the same reason
>got kicked out of the house a lot when I was a kid
>they tried to go full Pavlov on me, calling me horrible stuff and hitting me when I did something they didn't like and doing stuff for me and giving me attention when I did something that pleased them
>I didn't give a shit, just started doing me regardless of the consequences
>got out of the house, had to relearn how to be a human, how to receive love, how to say no and how to actually want things for me
>I still have issues, I have to be constantly policing myself in that area

Question is, how do I /human/?

Also, how can I get a good psychiatrist? Last one said all my traumas showed I had the maturity of a 16 y/o and did nothing to help me fix it (never mind I was suicidal at that point, I have bouts of crushing depression from time to time for no discernable reason).
Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.