[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, I think I'm turning into an alcoholic. I haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 692x753) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 692x753
Guys, I think I'm turning into an alcoholic. I haven't drunk alcohol in two days and my hands are shaking uncontrollably and my heart hurts. I feel like I'm going to puke.

Please help, what should I do? I really don't want to end up like pic related.
>>
Obviously you need to seek professional help to detox if you're getting delerium tremens.

I wouldn't go cold turkey
>>
if you dont go see a professional about it, the only thing i can theorize is weening off

do you think you have the strength to drink one beer to stop the shakes but not any more to get drunk?
>>
>>24927447
How fucking much are you drinking? I've drank a fifth of a handle every day for 5 months and felt nothing when I stopped for a week.
>>
>>24927447
>really don't want to end up like pic related

Why not?
>>
>>24927447
S-Santa?
>>
>>24928272
This.
Or end up slowly, destroy your habits by minimizing them day by day. If you can't hold on to these rules, you can "punish" yourself by doing exercice or something you don't like to do, I swear you won't drink again with that. or you can ask a friend or a relative for monitoring, motivation.
Ask fucking shia laboeuf he'll tell you
>>
>>24928284
a fifth of a handle? you do realize that's only about 7 drinks, right? that's really not that much. at all.
>>
File: 1401142531187.jpg (9 KB, 222x216) Image search: [Google]
1401142531187.jpg
9 KB, 222x216
>>24928423
No, he should taper off the alcohol because he could get seizures and die from the withdrawal, dummy. Alcohol withdrawal can kill you, you need to taper off of it slowly.
>>
>>24927447

Make an estimate of how many drinks you have on an avg day. Drink 50% of that the next day, then 25% the next day, and so on. Spread those drinks over the day as evenly as possible. Jezis.
>>
>>24929614
See
>>24928851

Don't give out advice if you don't know shit, dumb fuck.
>>
>>24927447
go for a run . jogging 3 times a week .
start slow , no spriniting.
make your body weak and empty . keep it busy so that you wont get distracted by those feelings. overwrite feelings with something else.
>>
next time , keep it at Wine . beer is for normies.
>>
>>24930071
You underestimate alcohol withdrawals. You can't just 'distract' yourself as withdrawal slowly gets worse ultimately turning into literal hell. Op needs to taper off or go get a doctor to work with him during a detox. Heroin withdrawals don't even compare. People forget that even though booze is legal it's still a hard drug.
>>
Is anyone else literally unable to do anything unless they've had a drink? I will sit there doing fuck all the whole day and then when I drink I suddenly feel productive.
>>
>>24927447
>I don't want to feel like shit
>I wouldn't feel like shit if I drank
>What do?
Hmm
>>
Med student here, alcohol withdrawal can be fatal. If you go to a hospital you'll be admitted and given benzodiazepines to calm the tremors and then you'll be tapered off those. Benzos and alcohol both down regulate your GABA receptors, hence why this works and why combining those two drugs is also dangerous. If you refuse to go to a hospital, you need to at least taper down yourself off booze, because again, going cold turkey can be fatal at worst and incredibly unpleasant otherwise.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.