[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If painless suicide was legal how many people do you think might
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (348 KB, 1600x1422) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
348 KB, 1600x1422
realistically speaking?
>>
Not that many more than already kill themselves.

I think when you get to the point where you actually need to die, the pain isn't as much of a deterrent as most people think. It would be nice to just be injected with something and fall asleep forever vs hanging from my door
>>
What the fuck difference would it make if it were legal? Do they throw people's corpses in jail for killing themselves?
>>
>>24927350
No, but they throw you in a psych ward if you attempt it and fail.
>>
File: 1449811256161.jpg (899 KB, 3000x3172) Image search: [Google]
1449811256161.jpg
899 KB, 3000x3172
>>24927269
I would be dead and sleeping warmly right now.
>>
>>24927373
I doubt that deters anyone
>>
>>24927373
99% of the people who fail sui didn't want to die. Pretty fucking easy to kill yourself if you're totally committed
>>
>>24927944
99% of people are also really stupid and act on impulses instead of planning things.
>>
/r9k/ would be much slower desu
>>
What the hell are you talking about? Suicide is legal in quite a few countries.
>>
>>24927996
Name one.

Euthanasia for the terminally ill is one thing, but find me a country where suicide is legal for normal, healthy people.
>>
>>24928019
Euthanasia is legal in a few countries. As for suicide, it's not "illegal" as in, you won't be thrown in jail. But you may or may not be taken to a ward for a while.

Unless you mean things like suicide booths, which do not exist anywhere.
>>
>>24928019
Right here faM

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/dec/11/philip-nitschke-announces-conference-on-rational-suicide-in-melbourne
>>
>>24928062
Yeah, I know euthanasia is legal in some places, but suicide isn't "legal" anywhere.

Obviously you can't prosecute and jail someone who succeeds, but if they forcibly hospitalize you for planning or attempting it's not "legal".
>>
>>24928105
It looks like that's just a conference by some guy arguing it should be legal. Did they actually make it legal?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.