[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How fucked are you financially? >"over 50% of Millen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9
File: 1449202381866.png (459 KB, 592x480) Image search: [Google]
1449202381866.png
459 KB, 592x480
How fucked are you financially?
>"over 50% of Millennials have less than $1,000 in savings"
http://howmuch.net/articles/how-much-millennials-have-saved-up
How the fuck are we supposed to afford anything on top of
>student loan debts
>rent/mortgage
>car insurance
>health insurance
>auto loans
>gas
>food
>taxe
>cable, internet, phone, electric, gas, water
tfw im broke as fuck and dad goes on rants about how "this generation is lazy" and doesn't understand why I have no intentions of moving out anytime soon
>>
>>24925969

I have $40,000 in savings. But sadly I am a NEET.
>>
>>24925988
That just sounds like you're retired.
>>
$10,000 in savings and $20,000 saved by my mother for my tuition.
>>
>More money you make the more you are capable of saving
Really? I would have never thought that.
>>
>>24925969
I'm fine

>student loan debts
US Everyone, a "civilized country"
>rent/mortgage
no rent and I don't buy things I can't afford
>car insurance
Why own a car?
>health insurance
Literally free as long as I drag my ass down to the insurance office once every few years.
>auto loans
Why own a car?
Why buy things you can't afford?
>gas
Why own a car?
>food
Don't be such a baby just because you can't eat caviar every night.
>taxe
If you have no income you can't pay taxes.
>cable, internet, phone, electric, gas, water
It's like a hundred a month, why have cable?
>>
>>24925969
So you read reddit do you?
>>
File: 1449916241319.jpg (361 KB, 1600x1118) Image search: [Google]
1449916241319.jpg
361 KB, 1600x1118
>>24926921
How in the fuck did this happen? How are people so god damn irresponsible?
>>
File: 1449817469950.jpg (113 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1449817469950.jpg
113 KB, 600x800
>TFW this doesn't apply to me
Finally good news
>>
>>24927060
So, according to this graph, there are millennials making over $150k?
>>
>>24927102
Yes there is.
>>24927060
Obviously not by living within their means. Maybe got a house and a new car, and possibly other things thus jumped the shark with their spending habits.

Though maybe some of it has to do with where they are located. Some well paying jobs are in the cities and they probably live close to their job and it is usually expensive to live there, such as places like New York.
>>
>>24927102
I've seen the term millennials being applied to people who were born in the 70's.
>>
50k or so. Still live with parents so no rent or anything. Also live in yuropoor so no crippling debts just by going to uni. That money burns away fast once I move out
>>
Got $3k in checking and about $3k in savings for an emergency fund. Have $20k student loans to pay off starting in a couple months.

Make a cool $55k a year so I'll be just fine.
>>
>>24925969
>How fucked are you financially?
I've never had a job and I owe a hospital $2100 for some ER visit I had back in 2011.
>>
>>24928213
FUCKING TRUSTFUND BABY RRRRRRRREEEEEEE.
I got 20k Savings and very jealous
>>
I have like $2 in my debit account, $3 on my credit card, and a dollar in cash.
>>
$2000 in savings and +$50,000 in debt

Death please take me
>>
10k in savings and 250k in house.
>>
$5000 saved, no debts because yuropoor and get paid for studying.
I can't imagine being in debt at 25 starting an adult life while other people make money since 7 years.
>>
>>24925969
$5 in savings (if I take it out the bank closes the account)
$7 in checking
credit card is $9 over maxed out
$7,000 in debt (mostly medical)
>>
My bank account has 3 cents in it
>>
>>24927041

>student loan debts
US Everyone, a "civilized country"

>Civilized countries steal tax money from hard working people so minorities and feminazis can study 16th century translesbian french poetry for free

Sure thing m8
>>
>cost of tuition went up, thereby fucking over everyone who wasn't born with a silver spoon up their ass
they say raising the minimum wage raises the cost of everything else.
forget that, you don't even need to raise minimum wage for that to happen, it's already been happening because of currency circulation.
we have more wealthy people than we ever have, all you have to do to ensure the cost of everything goes up is harbor a society that makes hundreds of thousands a year, the cost of everything rises by default, kek.
it's all just a sheet of wool to be flung over poor people's eyes.
>>
File: 1446604488537.jpg (124 KB, 600x801) Image search: [Google]
1446604488537.jpg
124 KB, 600x801
I'm actually in debt to the state as I owe them 500 dollars in fines.
>>
>>24929233

>cost of tuition went up, thereby fucking over everyone who was stupid enough to study without having a plan to pay for it and now blames everyone but himself

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>24925969
It's actually quite simple:
>Credit cards

We grew up seeing our parents use them and unlike our parents who didn't grow up seeing their parents use them, we have really no reservations in using them. There's a reason why credit card debt and people defaulting on those debts is at an all time high and that it's only getting worse and worse.

Most people are unfortunately pretty fucking stupid and will be careless with just about everything they're familiar with. Our parents weren't familiar with credit cards and small loans so they were a lot more inclined to be careful with them. To their kids, i.e us, credit cards have basically become this kind of "magic instant money" and the results are what you see.

Thankfully my parents taught me to be very careful with my finances and to only use credit cards if I absolutely had to. They both had and still have credit cards with high limits, but they only really use them when travelling. The only debt they've ever had for a considerable amount of time is mortgage debt and even then they pay that debt off faster than most people because they're small scale real estate investors (with almost a dozen apartments that they rent out between them).
>>
>>24929236
aw man, I totally forgot I owe like $2000 to the state in fines
why would you remind me, whyyy
>>
>>24928398
What is it like living in a third world country where you have to pay for medical treatment?
>>
>>24929282
Oh yeah, almost forgot:
>About 20k in savings
>No debt whatsoever
>>
>>24929236
What for? Indecent exposure? Public nudity?
>>
>>24929306
I have like 3k in bills that I'm never going to pay

They send you letters, nobody cares
>>
>NEET
>mom pays for almost everything
>worked in the past, so have some money saved up
>$400 in checking
>$540 in savings
>$3500 in CD
>~$50 in Bitcoin
>~$100 in cash
And habits which are sure to eventually drain away all of that. Yay!
>>
File: 52860180.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
52860180.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>>24929306
>mfw I just ignore all the medical bills and they just go away eventually

I don't even know what happens to them. Maybe I still owe them or something, but they don't have my address so they can't spam me with mail. I go to the hospital every few months because I really like the psych ward, everything feels nice and comfy and taken care of for you.
>>
I have 1200 GBP
>>
I've never earned more than 700 euros per month and i have about 5000 euros and i live in a small 25m2 appartment and i'm 27. I fucked up in life.
>>
>>24929358
I think it affects your credit but who cares?
>>
>>24929282

Funny thing is, as a kid I saw that episode of Rockos Modern Life where Rocko overuses his Credit Card and ends up losing everything. That has burned into me and made me aware of the dangers of credit cards.
>>
>>24929327
dui, it used to be 2500 but I've been slowly paying it over the past year
>>
>18k checking
>15.5k CD
>2k FMV stocks
>10k FMV car
>1k FMV sports memorabilia
>1.5k in 401k investments
>1k FMV electronics (computer, cell phone, TV)
>1.5K FMV miscellaneous items (home gym equipment, jewelry, etc.)
>No debt

I have about a 50k net worth right now.
>>
>>24929384
Probably does, but I've never noticed a dip in my credit score. They always send the bills to my mom's address, so it's nice getting those texts from her desperately asking me to pay my bills.
>>
>>24929428
That was a great episode

My favorite is the one where Rocko loses his job and goes to work at Conglom-O
>>
>>24929306
>What is it like living in a third world country where you have to pay for medical treatment?

Pretty shitty desu senpai. I would sign up for medicaid but I have to call for that and I'm too scared to talk to someone on the phone.
>>
>$2200 in checking
>$3000 in savings
>$2000 in IRA
>$10k in student loan
>crushed $8k on 1 loan last year making $11/hr
>got into a good job that starts at $16/hr

Plan is to knock out the rest of the loan before the end of 2016. Plan on living at home for a few more years so I can bank some cash for a house.

>>24929428
Rocko's Modern Life is depressing and hilarious at the same time.
>>
>>24929530
What state are you in? In NY I got my medicaid through the internet, didn't have to call anyone.
>>
>28
>only ever had 1 job
>christmas temp job stacking shelves for 10 weeks in 2007
>NEET since 2010
>no debts
>no savings
>no pension

I'm totally fucked.
>>
I'm 25 years old and have absolutely nothing to my name. I'm going to kill myself once my parents die or get tired of me, I refuse to live on the streets.
>>
>>24929555
>What state are you in?
Michigan

I tried through the healthcare.gov site but the questions about my past addresses and phone numbers were wrong. So I have to call to sign up for it.
>>
>26
>haven't held a job more than 10 months because I get too depressed and stop showing up
>resume is riddled with lies because of my spotty history
>bank account has 5 cents in it

I'd hang myself but I can't afford it
>>
>>24929564
>18
>wagekek
>too robot to hold down a job for long have to get a new one after a while
>too depressed to do anything in life besides barely being able to go through the motions
>I'm completely fucked
feels bad man i know how that feel be
>>
I have $3000 in my bank account and $6000 in student loans left

I have a college degree tho

Is this supposed to be "bad"? I'd rather be here than have $1200 from a McJob
>>
>>24925969
>80k euros in bank account due to dad's insurance when he died when I was 7

Feels good to have a lot of money, though I'd still trade it all in for a childhood with a father figure.
>>
6k in savings

But then again im yurpoor so no debt.
>>
Not at all actually.
Dad is /filthyricharab/ and I go to a school where my dad pays about 68,780 dirhams, which is 18728.13 Amerikek dollars for the high school I go to. Dad has a lot of land and properties in Jordan and Canada. A third of his riches going to me when he dies.
>>
>>24929824
>high school
Underaged b&.
>>
>>24925969
>26 years old
>$18k in savings
>will hit $25k by august

that joys of being a 26 year old wage slave and living at home with your parents. probably could have hit $40k if i hadnt wasted like 2 years on unemployment and grad school.
>>
>>24925969
>less than 1k in savings
Lol, what age groups are they counting? 15 - 30?
>>
>have worked since I was 14 years old
>have $300 in my account right now
>phone bill, water/electric/gas bill, rent, car insurance are all due in the next week
>the state somehow expects me to afford health insurance in the next two days, spouting that I should "qualify for financial aid- reducing my payments to $75 or less a month"
>owe student loans totaling $13,000, payments are all due in a couple of days
>have to buy groceries sometime
>it's fucking Christmas and I can't afford to mail the hand-made presents I made for the few people in my life
>absolutely no savings
>have never touched a credit card in my life

the best part is I have an extremely wealthy relative who has helped every single member of the family but me over the last two decades. now she's so bitter and jaded she refuses to help me out when I need it, despite me never once asking her for assistance even when I desperately needed it.

this is more the fault of my parents for forcing me out of the house when I was so young with absolutely no resources whatsoever than the state of the world, but I'm sure there's some blame to place there, too.
>>
I have 16k bongpounds in savings, which equals about $24k

feels good man
>>
File: 1433651901503.gif (890 KB, 305x320) Image search: [Google]
1433651901503.gif
890 KB, 305x320
>>24925969

Does 401k count as savings? If so, I'm okay. Otherwise, I'm fucked and deep in debt. Thankfully, my student loans will be paid off by this time next year.
>>
>>24925969
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun#Mouse_experiments

All niches are filled. Society does not require this many people to function anymore. It will require even less as time goes on.
>>
>>24925969
about 8k in savings, going to university at the moment
>>
>>24925969
>tfw wage slave
>tfw only make 180-220$ a week because i cant handle working more than 20-30 hours
>tfw parents let you stay with them rent free and buy you food and clothes
>tfw can literally spend all my earnings on drugs and tattoos like a true degenerate.
>tfw no real bills except they make me pay my 50$ car insurance every month
I could have a nicer car or something but every time I get to like 400-500$ saved I get either weed, cocaine, or my skin inked. Im probably realy fucked financially since I cant manage money to save my life but my mom is pretty young so ill hopefully have at least another 20-30 years of this before she passes on
>>
>>24929181
You might want to check some things.
Its anglocountries that have sewer-tier college degrees. No such things in rest of Yuropia, especially Slavlands.

On topic: around 7K in bank, parents owe me about a thousand.
>>
>25
>own 12 acres 60 miles outside of Seattle
>~1,500 sq ft home, well appointed
>land is portioned out, raise livestock, some fruit trees, berries, have woods for hunting and a river that sees trout runs
>solar panels generate most of my power (electricity is cheap as fuck here anyways)
>just shy of 5 million in liquid assets
>master's degree (I'll never need to use it but w/e)
>$0 in debt

Why didn't you losers just learn how to invest? I was a millionaire before I turned 18. I asked for equities for Christmas when I was in elementary school.
>>
>>24932676
>extremely poor family
>asked for new shoes or better fitting clothes for Christmas
>didn't have an allowance
>made little lemonade stands and shit to get lunch money
>got my first job at 14 years old to save up for a car to get the fuck out of that hellhole
Some of us aren't born with a silver spoon in our mouths
>>
>>24932676
>why didn't you just have rich parents?

gee, i don't know. faggot.
>>
File: 1431916392958.jpg (52 KB, 404x404) Image search: [Google]
1431916392958.jpg
52 KB, 404x404
> tfw $180,000+ in savings
> tfw only spend it on alcohol

Keep on working, wagekek; your boss has his eye on a new yacht... Hey, maybe in 5 years from now you'll get a $100 bonus from your boss!
>>
>>24925969
2 year NEET with almost no money. And I owe the college I dropped out from like $250
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK