[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I only know English. I hate this limited and passionless language.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 1447467334326.jpg (1 MB, 2145x2145) Image search: [Google]
1447467334326.jpg
1 MB, 2145x2145
I only know English. I hate this limited and passionless language. The only way to make it sound interesting in any way is to use "big words". English is probably one of the most boring languages of all time. But not as annoying as fucking Tagalog. English sounds so robotic.

If you hear an Asian speaking fluent Japanese or an Mexican speaking Spanish, their words roll right off the tongue easily. Even Russian and African language sound more passionate than English. If you listen to two Australians conversating, it's like nails on a chalk board. Same with two fat Americans arguing about burgers. Same with the British chatting. At least with the British, they have the added accent to ease the pain of listening to the English language. I give them points for that. But the white English language in general is probably the worst in all of existence compared to the other countries on the earth.
>>
English is a beautiful language, OP. I'm sorry you can't appreciate it.
>>
>>24925308

I should add...if you're not satisfied with just English, why don't you add another language to your repertoire?

I bet with dedication you could master Spanish or French within three years or less.
>>
>>24925243
>At least with the British, they have the added accent
>But the white English language
>British
>not white
'oo the fook d'ya think y'are m8? i'll 'ook ye in th'gabber
>>
>>24925308
Do you know any others?
>>
>>24925426
not that anon but I know German and Spanish too, I like both, but English is a beautiful language if mastered.
>>
It's boring because we're native speakers.
I took German in highschool and am now taking Japanese in Uni.
Learning a new language is pretty fun. It opens up a new world
>>
>>24925408
Well, UK is basically a Muslim country now so he's not totally wrong either.
>>
>>24925426

Yes, I know Spanish and some Hindi.
>>
>>24925449
>taking Japanese in Uni
Do you enjoy wasting your money, or what?
>>
>>24925448
Most of the beautiful words in English come from Latin or Greek.

English was pretty much neutered as a language after the Norman conquest, and relegated to a second-class language for the next 400 years or so.

The native Germanic syntax and word formation patterns were destroyed.

It's why German has so many "weird" long words, German still makes advanced words with native roots, instead of relying on Latin or Greek for everything.

>>24925555
Which language is your native? I guess if you learned English as a second or third language it might seem beautiful.
>>
>>24925560
Why is it a waste of money?

You have to take plenty of "useless" classes in college no matter what your major is.
>>
>>24925547
xd

Learn one of the cyrillic ones OP, it's very very easy to read and it's a phonetic language in my experience.
>>
>>24925615

English is my native language.
>>
>>24925681
Are you British?

I've noticed you tend to be more articulate than Americans in speech and writing.
>>
>>24925243
>I only know English
>English is probably one of the most boring languages of all time

How would you know, faggot?
>>
>english studies
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH
>>
File: english_best.jpg (100 KB, 728x697) Image search: [Google]
english_best.jpg
100 KB, 728x697
English is GOAT
go learn another language to sound passionate fag we have information to convey.
>>
File: 5075_ce5e_480.jpg (67 KB, 480x335) Image search: [Google]
5075_ce5e_480.jpg
67 KB, 480x335
>>24925243
>limited language

I guess you are right, OP. Sometimes I pity native English speakers. Most of them don't know the joy of playing with a complex language.
>>
From what I've heard, non native speakers find English interesting. Romance language speakers find it to be 'hissy' and my German friend mentioned how it's the only language to use the 'th' sound the way we do. I like English, it's my language and I should be proud of it.
>>
>>24925243
Then stop talking shit and learn another language, worthless trash.
>>
>>24926066
What language is MA?
>>
>>24927731
Mandarin
>>
Read more literature if you want to be reconciled with your language. Or listen to great orators rather than average amerifats.

Although to be honest, as a frenchman who's fluent in english I think our literature is more interesting than yours.
>>
File: 1449858730984.jpg (44 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
1449858730984.jpg
44 KB, 600x337
>>24925243
English is a beautiful language with over a thousand years of heritage, becoming intertwined with the Germanic, French, and countless other languages all over the globe throughout the centuries.

>>24927904
What this guy said, you'll appreciate it more.
>>
>>24925243
>or an Mexican speaking Spanish
Jesus christ how delusional can you be? Spanish is great but Mexicans speaking it?
>>
If it's so boring why the fuck can't anybody who has it as a second language speak it properly? Always missing out words entirely or ending sentences with "isn't it" for absolutely no reason.
>>
>>24928292
You obviously don't know many non-native people, isn't it ?
>>
>>24928452
He's right though. Even people who have studied English for 20 years still make extremely basic mistakes, and don't seem to actually care about really speaking it well.

Of course, plenty of native speakers can barely speak it either.
>>
>>24928292
English is incredibly difficult to master, there are many illogical rules with spelling and pronunciation, mostly because it's a clusterfuck language made up of about 6 different dead languages
>>
>>24925630
I just had my final on ritual and demonology class. Was bretty good.
>>
>>24925408
>'oo the fook d'ya think y'are m8? i'll 'ook ye in th'gabber
Looks like someone's never actually been to England
>>
>>24928509
lol don't let us interrupt his le funny chav meemays
>>
>>24925243
>I only know English.
>English is probably one of the most boring languages of all time
wot
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.