[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished my first semester at college and I have made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
I just finished my first semester at college and I have made minimal friends and have yet to meet any nice boys or even kissed/danced with one at a party. Whats wrong with me and should I just give up and accept the fact that I'll be alone forever?
>>
You're probably not good looking.
>>
Wish I easily passed my first semester. Wouldn't have changed it for friends or sex desu.

I'll most likely have to reapply.
>>
>>24923807
How do I compensate for that possibility?
>>
>>24923946
Show interest in shit-tier guys around your own powerlevel, they're certainly not going to.
>>
>>24923993
Details? what is a "powerlevel"
>>
>>24923786
Im in first year uni. An unattractive girl has recently shown interest in me, and considering my loneliness and virginity, I would normally have accepted her advances. The only thing is, she's incredibly fucking boring. Everything, from the way she types, to the way she talks, to her hobbies are fucking bland. The closest thing she has to one is using her friends Netflix account and binge watching tumblr tier TV shows until she goes to sleep. Hell, part of her interest revolves around how "interesting" I am, because I happen to have some niche hobbies.

What this rant is trying to say is build a character for yourself, and make it genuine. Find hobbies and things you like that are more than the same old vapid Netflix watching that everyone days. Past that, learn to lower your standards a bit and make advances, and you'll be solid. Not too hard to pick up lonely betas like me
>>
>>24924271
Maybe I am just not interesting. I think I am pretty fucked now that I look at it.
>>
>>24924435
It doesn't really matter, most girls aren't interesting. That guy is just rationalizing her bad looks.
>>
>>24924455
Thats a pretty good observation. So if it doesn't matter that I am not interesting but I am not really pretty what do I do?
>>
>>24924435
t b h, this probably isn't it

girls only seem uninteresting when they're un-opinionated and agree with literally everything you have to say without having to think about it

be true to your values and try to listen to what's being said --- and add something to the conversation. passive listening will never cut it
>>
>>24924486
Work on your looks? How hard is that?
>>
>>24924505
I am pretty opinionated but it is hard for me to express those opinions because I really dislike conflict or people thinking I am weird so I just go into like a very neutral persona, I know that makes it worse in the long run but its what happens usually in the moment. I know you're right but I don't know, its hard.
>>
>>24924525
Weight-wise, it doesn't happen overnight. Facewise, too poor for surgery
>>
>>24924605
Lose weight, properly groom yourself in terms of make-up and hair.
>>
>>24924624
Doing all three currently. Even when I was thin I didn't get that much attention from guys, I think its my voice I have a really high voice.
>>
>>24924588
girls need to be confident too ya know

work out, lift your self esteem - and say whatever you need to say. insecurity and anxiety and inhibitions all take away from the quality of your conversations

you shouldn't be neutral, you should work on speaking genuinely... whatever that may be - make it heard
>>
>>24924681
I am only liked when I am drunk, so maybe the whole liquid courage is a real thing. Anyway I know everything you're saying is true I will try harder next semester, especially since I am rushing.
>>
>>24924738

if I were you, i'd take a 3.5g dose of psilocybe and get to know myself a little better

alcohol is nice, but you shouldn't rely on it just to socialize, it's not healthy
>>
>>24924833
I am not really big on the whole reality changing drug thing you know weed is enough on that front and I don't drink that much I have just noticed I find it easier to talk to guys and people in general when drunk
>>
>>24923786
Chances are, you'll get attention from guys if you're somehow exciting, or have a unique interest that could intrigue somebody. Don't give up, its only the first semester.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.