[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is 'madness' anyway? What happens when one 'goes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: ttth.jpg (11 KB, 200x333) Image search: [Google]
ttth.jpg
11 KB, 200x333
What is 'madness' anyway? What happens when one 'goes insane'? Is mad person aware of that? Could we all be fucking crazy?
>>
>>24923512
Gaul
>>
the storm before the fap.
>>
>>24923512
insanity generally means that what you are imaging or believing to be true isn't reality, which i guess isn't a very good definition but that's similar to the textbook answer
>>
File: 4525.png (20 KB, 1128x514) Image search: [Google]
4525.png
20 KB, 1128x514
>>24923512
Most mental illnessess are characterized by personal distress, so yes.

Personality disorders may be the outlier.

If we were all crazy we would be normal, so us all being insane makes no difference.
>>
Insanity is a legal term, not a scientific one. Madness is a colloquial term that is synonymous with the legal term insanity. Legal terms are not scientific and open to interpretation by lawyers and judges.
>>
I usually don't realize when I'm psychotic, it's a very different level of consciousness. Things become numbed, emotionless, and you start drawing conclusions from very non-obvious sources, for example seeing messages sent to you through the TV or 4chan. It's can be a very frightening experience, or very inspiring. For example, I was sure that I was the Messiah sent to save all of humanity and raise us into a new level of reality, a reality beyond our own. I felt an intense love for all those around me, so much so that I felt an insatiable urge to kiss homeless people and random passersby. It stops you from living a normal life, for better or worse. For a lot of people it's distressing and impedes what they would like to do, so that's why they take medication. But you can see abnormalities in brain structure for schizophrenics and notice changes in brain activity during psychotic episodes, so it's something that's definitely definable and real.
>>
If i expierence impossible situations, such as hearing, feeling seeing, etc things that I logically know cannot exist, and am fully aware at the time that it is not real, but am unable to stop it anyway, am I sane?

I used meth for a long time and it melted my brain.
>>
>>24923616
That said, there have been many who have been locked up in institutions and given medication because of real, actual things that were happening. Many get delusions about their spouse cheating on them, but sometimes those delusions are real. Someone tipped off that something was happening at Watergate and they were institutionalized because they thought they were psychotic.
>>
>>24923697
How do you know that your logic isn't warped to begin with?
>>
>>24923723
from asking people around me what is really happening.

if you dont consider that grounded in reality, than I guess i'm literally in the matrix.
>>
>>24923738
How do you know information you percieve from people around isn't warped?

Its literally impossible for humans to get objective outside perspective
>>
>>24923765
this is what i get for asking /r9k/s opinion
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.