[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
scary story thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 0fbNzni.gif (320 KB, 500x409) Image search: [Google]
0fbNzni.gif
320 KB, 500x409
what's the spookiest memory you have, /r9k/?

creepy pasta filler here

Many classic horror icons, such as Giger's Xenomorphs, Silent Hill's Pyramid Head, and other disturbing creatures like your mom, share the same characteristics. Pale skin, dark, sunken eyes, elongated faces, sharp teeth, and the like. These images inspire horror and revulsion in many, and with good reason. The characteristics shared by these faces are imprinted in the human mind.

Many things frighten humans instinctively. The fear is natural, and does not need to be reinforced in order to terrify. The fears are species-wide, stemming from dark times in the past in the past when lightning could mean the burning of your tree home, thunder could mean the approaching gallops of a stampede, predators could hide in the darkness, and the heights could make poor footing fatal.

The question you ahve to ask yourself is this;

What happened, deep in the hidden eras before history began, that could affect the entire human race so evenly as to give the entire species a deep instinctual, and lasting fear of pale beings with dark, sunken eyes, razor sharp teeth, and elongated faces?

Just be careful out there.
>>
>>24923301
>and other disturbing creatures like your mom

Almost got me OP
>>
>>24923301
Drifting as a teenager I saw an alien face to face on a high dirt road bank.

Shit still scares me.
>>
Unfortunately nothing terribly scary has happened to me. Lo that's a weird thing to say. I was in the bottom of a quarry with a friend once and he swore he saw a gnome
>>
>>24923901
what's a gnome
>>
File: 1448799708287.jpg (37 KB, 597x720) Image search: [Google]
1448799708287.jpg
37 KB, 597x720
>>24924353
Le littleman
>>
i was fapping last night in the thunder, and a huge thunder strike hit and it turned on one of my bedside lamps (it's one of the touch activated ones).
spooked me a bit but still finished the fap
>>
>What happened, deep in the hidden eras before history began, that could affect the entire human race so evenly as to give the entire species a deep instinctual, and lasting fear of pale beings with dark, sunken eyes, razor sharp teeth, and elongated faces?

I know it's some creepy pasta, but to makes a ludicrous point. Nobody irrationally fears those characteristics. People fear humanoids with those features because it's instinctually wrong, people know humans don't look like that so a "human" that looks like that will always inspire fear. It has nothing to do with oh ancient humans were plagued by these monsters.
>>
File: picnic.jpg (6 KB, 196x185) Image search: [Google]
picnic.jpg
6 KB, 196x185
Ok, but real shit

I've read tons of spooky stories from all over the internet. I've noticed that certain themes run through a lot of the stories.

Pretty startling to me how all these people have similar, but unexplainable experiences
>>
>>24925171
This.
Guess that's why japs have little girls in their horror movies.
I dont think there has been a horror movie with supernatural being, monster that has actually scared me. Especially when its the usual "huge bulletsponge fucker that just wont die unless this one unconventional trick" type of thing.
>>
File: 1445175724383.jpg (55 KB, 600x799) Image search: [Google]
1445175724383.jpg
55 KB, 600x799
>>24925171
Called uncanny valley desu. Have seen some persons with the same charachter, lots of them on tinder too. It's fucked senpai.
>>
>>24925237

>pretty startling

Human society has had generations upon generations of storytellers which delves into human fear. It's not startling at all. In fact, it's comforting. It's the unique experience that you need to lookout for, the one that is truly unexplainable and unrelatable. With little basis of imagination for this unique experience, it narrows down the likelihood of it being false. Fear of the unknown is one of the strongest fears.
>>
>be 16 living in two-story apartment with parents
>my room over looks the other apartments and the walk way
>be around 10ish watching Seinfeld when I randomly looked outside my window
>see someone with a DSLR camera taking photos of me
>quickly duck down and call my parents, we went to the bathroom and looked through the window and saw a man just taking photos of my room and then left
Spooky stuff tbqh
>>
>>24925302

>uncanny valley

I think it's a bit more extreme than that. Uncanny valley makes me think of being meant to pass off as human and you just can't really tell what's off about it without investigation. Most scary story creatures(though there's exceptions) are too in your face roar I'm scary for it to apply.
>>
>>24925304

>Human society has had generations upon generations of storytellers

I'm talking about supposedly true events

>It's the unique experience that you need to lookout for
Since I'm talking about a collection of different, and very likely unconnected stories, it's unlikely all these people all hallucinated the same events.

Also, many stories involve multiple parties which makes it more unlikely to be a type of temporary psychosis
>>
>>24925372

>I'm talking about supposedly true events

It's easy to say something is true when you have other people backing you up saying yeah it happened to me too.

It's unlikely that they hallucinated it, of course. It's more likely that it's just straight up make believe. Since it's so common, there's a strong basis for these stories to simply derive from each other and build upon specific characteristics.

It's why you see so many skinwalker stories. It's an easy story to make into many different situations.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.