[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am 18 and I have horrible anxiety, I wanna try weed but im
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: sam.jpg (27 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
sam.jpg
27 KB, 540x720
I am 18 and I have horrible anxiety, I wanna try weed but im afraid it will ruin my cognitive abilities and fuck up my iq.

Any robots with experience on the sticky icky green?
>>
that's a fucking nigger drug stay away from that shit
you wanna grow up to be big and strong like sam don't you?
>>
I'm a robot currently having a massive anxiety attack right now, so I would vote no.
>>
>>24922390
Yeah it's alright if you can manage to stay dedicated to the rest of your life when you're not smoking. I'd say it's risky if you're weak when it comes to getting lazy. I'm also not an expert, but I would think if you just responsibly smoked every once in a while, your IQ shouldn't be too fucked.
>>
Don't listen to these women.
Weed's good for when you want to relax and curl up with a good movie.
It's absolute shit for anxiety though unless you can get a prescription from your doctor.
In all honesty, alcohol's the best drug for anxiety. The only problem is it's addictive as fuck.
>>
Weed is okay, definitely worth trying out a few times to see how it hits you. If you don't enjoy it by the 3rd or 4th time you smoke you know it's not for you
>>
If you want something for anxiety try xanax. It can help your anxiety and wont make you retarded like weed if you don't do a lot at once.
>>
Just make you have someone with experience who can work the syringe for you.
>>
>>24922390

Don't do it op

Weed is very dangerous in the long term and one bad trip can fuck you up for good
>>
>>24922390
it will hurt your motivation and it's not good for anxiety.
>>24922597
you can have a bad time and have panic attacks.

just look at people on weed, not a preferable state to be in.
>>
File: 1441315426148.png (294 KB, 500x533) Image search: [Google]
1441315426148.png
294 KB, 500x533
>mfw this thread
Weed is harmless. You don't trip from weed. The only thing it really impacts is short term memory if you're an everyday smoker.
>>
>itt: people who believe what their health teachers told them about weed
>>
Just remember, sativa isn't for anxietyfags. If you want to relax, try to get the indica strains. 10/10 for comfiness.
>>
Anxiety anon here, I've only smoked a few times but in my experience it definitely helped my anxiety.
>>
>>24922390
>taking advice on cognitive function from potheads
Literally just google it op. This was the second result when I did.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/travisbradberry/2015/02/10/new-study-shows-smoking-pot-permanently-lowers-iq/

There is conflicting information but I really wouldn't take the chance.
>>
File: 1449882357736.gif (681 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1449882357736.gif
681 KB, 800x800
Disregard literally everything posted ITT before this post.

Weed won't ruin your cognitive abilities or fuck up your IQ if you smoke a bowl once a week, BUT there are many potential negative aspects to weed for a robot.

1. It's not physically or chemically addictive, but if you have bad discipline you'll end up smoking it too often. It's addictive in the way eating good food, masturbating, or doing anything enjoyable is addictive. It's only healthy in moderation.

2. It is not guaranteed to make you feel relaxed or healthy. Weed is a miracle substance for me, it chills me out and makes life wonderful. But for some people, especially robots with anxiety, it can totally fuck your shit up and make your anxiety worse. Weed definitely hits you, and when it does hit you're either going to embrace the feeling and float off or you're going to panic and fight the feeling which will give you a horrible time.

I recommend smoking it 1-3 times with someone else, preferably someone who is experienced. If you feel shitty or panicked by the 3rd time then fuck it, weed is just not for you. There are plenty of other ways to relax.

TL;DR Give it a try, you won't hurt yourself. If it doesn't feel good drop it. If it does feel good make sure you use it in moderation, once or twice a week MAX.
>>
>>24922390
weed is for degenerate plebeians do lsd instead
>>
>>24922873

Do not listen to 1. Here.

It is both physically and psychologically addictive
>>
I have schizophrenia and weed just makes me really dizzy and I start hearing voices in the static of the room.
>>
SMOKIN' THAT STICKY STICKY GREEN STUFF
>>
File: 1449641152034.gif (2 MB, 185x196) Image search: [Google]
1449641152034.gif
2 MB, 185x196
>>24922943
Holy fuck when will this meme die? Physical addiction means your body literally needs the substance to function at a normal capacity. Heroin is physically addictive, cocaine is physically addictive, hell coffee is physically addictive. If you shoot up heron, snort coke, or drink 5 cups of coffee every day for a year and then you suddenly stop? Your body is going to be fucked up and go through withdrawal. You're gonna get sick, you're gonna be hurting real bad, with some addictions like pain pills you can actually die from suddenly cutting off.

With weed that will literally never happen. You could smoke weed 24/7 for a year straight and if you suddenly cut off all supply and go straight sober, your body will adjust perfectly. You'll actually feel better almost instantly. I know from personal experience.

>>24922949
>I have schizophernia
Jesus Christ anon stop smoking immediately. Anything that makes you hallucinate is fucking terrible for your schizophrenia. I know schizos who have gone suicidal because they of drug use + their disorder. Seriously stop man before it's too late there are other things to help you.
>>
>>24922727
>>24922731
I speak from experience, I regret ever trying weed. I think it has permanently changed my personality, I wouldn't recommend anyone do it.
>>
File: 1400918328963.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1400918328963.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>24923051
The meds don't help and hallucinogenics help me cope with the hallucinations. They make it more comfortable and see things with a new personality. I've hallucinated from fucking oxycodone, but it feels really nice. I do drugs all the time and I'm not gonna stop.
>>
>>24922390
It's is absolute shit for social anxiety, okay-good for regular anxiety.

It also depends on how and where you smoke and what you do afterwards.

Dumb stoners are dumb because they sit around all day watching cartoons and playing vidya, the weed is completely ancillary.
>>
>>24923051
>some addictions like pain pills you can actually die from suddenly cutting off
that's a myth, alcohol is the only one that can kill you
>>
>>24922390

Just don't abuse it, I only take 2-3 drags of some good gear to get a light buzz going, helps me work better because it makes time feel slower.

I really enjoy small doses because it kind of feels like a light opiate feeling along with a general feeling of joy, all while keeping your motor skills.

I only smoke once or twice a fortnight, because i don't want it to ruin my testo levels. Weed is an excellent drug when you do not abuse it. Even with my infrequent usage it helps me explore my mind and see the stupidity behind the worries that fuel my anxiety.

Overall I'd say weed made me a better person, my memory hasn't changed (its kind of always been shit because of concussions)

Jus giv it a go m8
>>
>>24923125
By the way, hallucinating on oxy feels like what the Romantics romanticized about opium. Soft comforting angels, caressing my body and touching my skin.
>>
>>24923180
benzos too, they both activate the GABA receptors which make you get seizures if you're not getting enough activity in them.
>>
>>24923175
hmm pot heads being stagnant in their lives? must be a coincidence.
>>
File: 1445546259857.png (153 KB, 273x458) Image search: [Google]
1445546259857.png
153 KB, 273x458
>>24922439
I already pretty big n' strong
>>
File: 1449675012606.gif (2 MB, 419x445) Image search: [Google]
1449675012606.gif
2 MB, 419x445
I would stay the fuck away from weed. It WILL make you more anxious if you smoke it everyday. Weed is just as psychologically addicting as any substance if you're weak minded and any dumbass who disagrees obviously doesn't smoke or hasn't smoke hardcore.

The best I can describe weed addiction is like having a warm blanket but once you sober up that warm blanket disappears and you'll hate being sober.

Weed can also mentally fuck you up because it exaggerates your thoughts and current situation. I don't understand how people smoke weed just to relax or make their problems disappear. If anything, it makes worse and you'll hate yourself even more for taking such a low grade substance. Weed can make you slow as fuck in the long run if you continue to take it and that's a problem if you get hired in a high speed job. Weed can also fuck you up financially because of weed tolerence.

I'd stay away from weed man. Speaking from experience, I wish I never tried that shit in the first place. There are so much better alternatives to fix your anxiety while sober. Doing a sport is 100x better than doing weed.
>>
File: BirdDHMIS3.png (311 KB, 665x593) Image search: [Google]
BirdDHMIS3.png
311 KB, 665x593
>>24922390
If you have a predisposition to addiction then don't. I made that mistake.

Weed once in a while is fine but no one likes a stoner.
>>
>>24923229

Fucking benzoz dude, I once had half a benzo and i was rolling on the floor for 4 hours. pretty fun, not going to do them again though, tolerance builds pretty quick from what i hear
>>
oh yeah, at 18 definitely don't do it, wait until 25 at least.
>>
>>24923237
You can find sober people that have never tried smoking weed who sit around all day watching chinese cartoons and, whoops, arguing with strangers online and not doing anything with their lives.
>>
>>24923283
pretty ironic that you'd post a Shakespeare pepe then
>>
>>24923325
if you honestly believe pot doesn't affect motivation you're just not accepting reality.
>>
The only annoying thing for me about weed is that it gives me a foggy brain the next day. Like I still feel a little bit high but not really. It just makes me slower. The day after it's gone though.
>>
>>24923362
There's more than one kind of "pot", some are couch-locks but others are just a cerebral high that stimulate your creativity.
>>
weed fucks robot confirmed, im a failed normie probly not even failed at all if i didnt smoke early on, listen to this guy he knows whats up >>24922873
>>
>>24923498

There's a reason they call it the herbal jew. So you can use it as a scapegoat for all of your failures.
>>
I was lazy and pretty much gave up on life years before I ever started smoking it
>>
When you Weed is real easy to use a crutch, especially when you have a lack of social satisfaction. But it's perfectly fine in moderation.

You might think it will make your anxiety worse but i'd suggest trying shrooms. I have horrible anxiety and it has seriously had a lasting effect on reducing mine.

LSD is fine too.
NOT LSD AND WEED, that combo caused me to have a panic attack so bad i'm still suffering physical effects a year later.
>>
>>24923051

>Heroin is physically addictive, cocaine is physically addictive, hell coffee is physically addictive.

What a fucking meme made by non drug user plebs. I've smoked heroin, did 25i and alcohol which are "the most addictive substance evar!!! 11!!" and I'm not addicted to them because I know they're bad for my body. Hell, not even my fucking body allows that shit.
>>
>>24922390
DONT DO DRUGS ANON
>>
Most folks that are close to me seem to believe that cannabis really helped me open up socially over the years of 18-24. I'm not so sure if that is the case; I reckon that far more benefit was gleaned from having a moderate collection of amazing friends. Just so happened we all toked frequently together.

I've written some nice university assignments while stoned. I've also allowed the substance to make me more lazy than I need to be at times. Same as any other substance, you'll react completely uniquely to any other individual. Ain't no way to tell how its gonna affect you until you try it. Very dangerous component of substance use.

I would tenatively recommend trying it if you've got good folks to use it with. For just solo smoking, I couldn't really recommend it. Especially at 18.

One thing I certainly don't regret is not drinking until I was 21. I wasn't mature enough mentally nor spiritually to really handle it. I didn't know it, so I really just lucked out there.

Good luck, bud.
>>
>>24923588
25i isn't addictive.

Psychedelics really can't be addictive because of the way their tolerance works.
>>
>>24923629

Anything can be addicting
>>
>>24923744

He's clearly referring to "physical" addiction, or where the mechanism of action of addiction is more pronounced and direct.

I mean, yeah. You can be 'addicted' to posting to r9k, but you can also quit tomorrow and feel fine.
>>
Wrote half of my master's thesis while high. Would recommend, along with any psychedelic.
>>
>>24923822
what was your thesis on?
>>
>>24922483
Jesus christ this
>>
>>24924158
Like, mirrors, dude.
>>
Weed is what it is; I've got some serious anxiety issues and it makes me incredibly paranoid when I smoke it with people.

I love to smoke it alone though; just makes everything that much more fun and interesting
>>
>>24924158
Extremal Graph Theory. Specifically, finding the Turan Number of a large family of hypergraphs that look like sunflowers.
>>
>>24924158
"What If We Actually All See Different Colors But Call Them The Same Name"
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.