[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Video Game PTSD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 10
File: Specialstages1.png (8 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
Specialstages1.png
8 KB, 320x224
ITT things in games that gave you PTSD.
>surgical precision not to lose rings during level
>reach the end and try not to miss big ring
(Special stage, cue music)
>jesus no
>LSD background
>no control
>fall into fail zone
>see fat fuck juggling emeralds
>turn off Sega

Stories?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
This fat fuck. Just give me the damn heart container.
>>
>be azure dreams
>have kid out on the bloom floors
>bloom confuses kid
>kid is strong enough to one shot the top floors stuff
>no chance at all to survive
>get punched in the mouth and lose all my good stuff
>>
File: 016.jpg (160 KB, 1024x1175) Image search: [Google]
016.jpg
160 KB, 1024x1175
Single handily destroyed racing games for me
>>
That fucker with a chainsaw in Resident Evil 4. Can't hear a chainsaw without thinking of him. It must be like 10 years ago now...
>>
File: sad.gif (51 KB, 720x431) Image search: [Google]
sad.gif
51 KB, 720x431
I wasted 3 years of my youth on this game and it makes me depressed. I was a 10 year old cyber-er. I want to kill someone every time I think about it.
>>
>>24920841
Medieval II Total War
>playing as Egypt for the first time
>rapidly expand, capturing settlements and castles
>Repel the Turks and take Constantinople
>Pope calling crusades every other turn
>manage to survive but only just
>around turn 100 mongols invade
>massive, stacked out armies with shit tons of heavy cavalry, archers and etc
>armies keep spawning
>instantly siege my cities
>rekt me badly
>destroy me empire
>leaving me bankrupt
>pope calls a crusade on cairo
>only 2 militias defending
Fuck the mongols, horse archer fucks
>>
File: my face.png (2 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
my face.png
2 KB, 200x200
>>24920841

>be playing a long game of civ.
>build up a trading and resource empire with superior tech
>got two AI buddies who are my bros, we help eachother out, i give them money, they give me excess resources on the cheap.
>dealing with war-mongering assholes all day.
>3rd of the way into the game length
>Me and bros have differing ideologies, they begin to get less friendly with me, becoming jealous and angry at me.
>Try to get on their good side, but they hate me further.
>Get declared war on by two bro-civs and most of the rest of the world.
>Try negiotating for peace, sell off some great merchants etc.
>doesn't work, then have to defend something, so buy massive amounts of soldiers and begin to systemically wipe out civs, and eventually my bros also, as they beg for mercy and peace, but I know our bond of trust is shattered, I just extinguish their capital, moving onto the next civ.
>Until finally, I am alone and have won, but at what cost...
>I am omega.
>>
File: 400px-Vaelastrasz_-_WoW.jpg (19 KB, 400x243) Image search: [Google]
400px-Vaelastrasz_-_WoW.jpg
19 KB, 400x243
This asshole

>forgive me friend, your death only adds to my failure

Oh my god 6 months on this fucking asshole we kept getting our asses pounded and pounded for hours on Fridays and Sundays. The worst thing was if you were gonna wipe it happen so fast

AND ALL THOSE FUCKING 1% WIPES

>mfw literally half the raid cried when we finally killed him
>>
File: Giygas.jpg (609 KB, 4050x3550) Image search: [Google]
Giygas.jpg
609 KB, 4050x3550
>Rated E for everyone
>>
File: Mimi.jpg (169 KB, 832x1024) Image search: [Google]
Mimi.jpg
169 KB, 832x1024
>MIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMI
>>
File: super mario bros 3.png (140 KB, 1106x900) Image search: [Google]
super mario bros 3.png
140 KB, 1106x900
When I was about nine, I had recently gotten a Nintendo Entertainment System from a garage sale down the road, the first gaming system I ever had. One game that I bought was Super Mario Brothers 3, the final chapter of the widely-acclaimed SMB trilogy, which like in the original Super Mario Brothers consisted of Mario/Luigi chasing after Princess Toadstool (whose name has since been bastardized to 'Peach'). Back on topic though; I popped in the game in my new NES and pressed Start. I started at World 1, of course, and began playing. During this, I got used to the controls, map, and all that jazz. After all, it IS supposed to be kinda like a tutorial level. So I had advanced to World 2, "Desert Land" and I was moving along rather smoothly. In the back of my mind, I knew that at some point the levels would start to get more difficult. I soon noticed a tile, one unlike the other tiles (Toad houses, numbered tiles, etc). It appeared to be some cross-hybrid of flowing diarrhea and sand, which caught my attention. I navigated my way to the tile, and hit the A button and was warped to what appeared to be a normal level; there even was a happy sunshine in the top left corner! As I side-scrolled my way through the level, the fucking sun decided to go apeshit and sodomize me repeatedly until I finally broke down in tears, throwing my controller at the ground screaming for my mom. That fucking bastard.
>>
Anytime this happens
Boss' HP is in the top left, it only needed one hit and this was after so many attempts.

It stings when this happens in fighting games as well, especially if you have a huge lead and you just have a huge series of fuck ups which lead to them coming back on you.
>>
>Made it to the Technodrome on NES Ninja Turtles
>Die about 3 mins in
>Never fought Shredder
>>
>>24922142

I always break the AI hordes by building forts in mountain passes and river crossings. My last game as the Turks I just kept the Mongols trapped in Armenia for 50+ turns.
>>
STUART LITTLE TWO FOR THE GAMEBOY ADVANCE
PLEASE TELL ME SOMEONE ELSE HAD THIS AWFUL GAME
>be me, dumb ass little kid
>wow stuart little was such a good movie, i bet this game will be fun!
>it is absolutely not
>worst bullshit i have ever played
>extremely difficult for a small child
>THE SPIDER LEVEL
https://youtu.be/cjX0eovektA?t=339
>held onto this shit for years out of spite
>finally beat it like a year ago at 18
>>
>>24922551
I couldn't do it mang, I was so bogged down with shit in the Balkans, god damn pope and his crusades. By the time I'd mopped out my enemies there, the Mongols were laying siege to my biggest money cities, Jerusalem and Antioch, with other armies sweeping up in southern Armenia/Turkey. By the time I'd moved my forces to face them, I was practically bankrupt and when I faced them in battle I got buttfucked hard.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.