[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /Medical Condition/ Here? You're not a real robot unless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 8
File: 1449710745679.png (13 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
1449710745679.png
13 KB, 418x359
Who /Medical Condition/ Here?

You're not a real robot unless you have a life-altering disease. Mental health doesn't count.

Type 1 Diabetes here
>tfw can always fall back on overdosing on insulin to kill myself
>>
>>24919315

Ulcerative colitis here.

>tfw my intestines are literally always bleeding
>>
>>24919315
Sociopath.
Thanks `ma
(blaming other people for damaging a child makes me a sociopath fucking apparently)
>>
>>24919409

>Mental health doesn't count

Read the rules reee
>>
>chronic hemorrhoids (I'm suspecting possible prolapsing, too afraid to visit a doctor), only gets worse thanks to constant constipating
>type 2 flat feet, basically can't stand still for more than 2 minutes without agonizing pain
>rapidly failing vision and hearing, will probably be near blind and deaf by the time I'm 40 unless I jew all my money on laser correction
>misplaced back joints (thanks, lifting!)
>tinnitus since 12
>something very wrong with my brain, experiencing memory loss and vertigo
>MRI shows a hollow space in my skull near nose bridge that normally shouldn't even be there, doctor just shrugs, literally a mutant
Get on my level, healthyfags
>>
>>24919434
read the outline of my illness.
I don't give a fuck about your rules or you.
>>
File: 1445301762802.jpg (47 KB, 500x419) Image search: [Google]
1445301762802.jpg
47 KB, 500x419
Spherocytosis senpai. Will gene therapy be able to treat genetic mutations? I wonder when it will be ready. I don't want my kids to have it too.
>>
>>24919315
>mental health, something that sometimes you have no control over, doesn't count
>Being a fat fuck who had so little self control as to LITERALLY break his body thinks Fatfuck-etes makes him a real robot

wew I am laffin m8.
>>
>>24919315
>tfw chronic gastritis and irritable bowel syndrome
>tfw wondering if I should be tested for food allergies or some shit just to be safe
>>
Who /epilepsy/ here
>>
Does a lisp and flat-feet count?
>>
>>24919542
Yeah you do, you big baby, otherwise you wouldn't have flipped.
>>
>>24919606

He said type 1 you retard.
>>
>>24919606
>doesn't know the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes

Mental retardation doesn't count as mental health, welcome to the thread downie.
>>
>>24919606
>type 1 beetus
>fat
>>
i'm five feet five inches tall
>>
>tfw pectus excavatum

justfuckmyshitup.jpg
>>
>>24919315
Kidney cancer count?

If so, kidney cancer.
>>
>>24919665
Fuck off you pansy. When you're a genetic abomination come back
>>
Myopia and Astigmatism.
>>
>>24919698
When are you ded, anon?
>>
File: 1449884958883.jpg (144 KB, 780x1469) Image search: [Google]
1449884958883.jpg
144 KB, 780x1469
>>24919704

>size of a child
>not a genetic abomination
>>
I don't have any serious physical problems diagnosed, but I'm moderately afraid that I'm going to end up with a fucked up gastrointestinal tract like my mom. They don't know if she has Chrohn's or IBS or something else or what, but either way she's been on several thousand dollar a month medications (thank god for insurance). And this shit is genetic. I sometimes feel very, very subtle hints at the symptoms, but not enough to get me overly worried yet. I just really don't want to deal with all of this once I get older. I'm pretty sure it only really got bad for my mom in her forties, so I could have it to look forward to.
>>
>tfw asthma
>tfw GERD
>tfw GERD flare-ups cause asthma flare-ups
>tfw already developing arthritis
the ride never ends.
>>
Idk desu senpai, does being born with only one kidney mean I'll be kicking the bucket sooner?
>>
>>24919727
Being short is infinitely better than having a medical condition. You're a complete freak if you have a condition.
>>
Hyperhidrosis

I can remember it as far back as second grade.
>>
>>24919606
Type 1 diabetes is when your own body's immune system attacks the beta cells in your pancreas that produce insulin, rendering you unable to make any insulin. You don't have to do any actions to get it, it just happens.

Gj being a faggot ass uneducated nigger though
>>
>>24919708
Not sure yet. I can post proof but I was just diagnosed today.

I just want to shitpost until I can no more
>>
>>24919315

How the fuck does mental health not count? Have you met any schizos? Their life is definitely altered and its even more brutal because they otherwise look normal and are physically healthy. It's like having the latest PC but being stuck with Windows 95.
>>
>>24919315
meniere's disease
good thing i dont talk with anyone anyway
>>
I have scoliosis and my back's going to shit. I can't wait to get those sweet, sweet Vicodins when I'm older. They'd never prescribe them to me at my age though so I gotta use kratom.
>>
>>24919925
There are serious mental health conditions, yes, but this being /r9k/ most people would come in with their self-diagnosed bullshit.
>>
>chron's disease
>can literally eat nothing without wanting to die
>even plain lettuce fucks me up
>can't go out to get food with anyone
>afraid to go to someone's house

Good times.
>>
>>24919925

Mental illness isn't real. If it were, it'd be diagnosed with brain scans and treated by neurologists. People who get diagnosed with mental illness are just gullible faggots who are being used for the profit of psychiatrists and pharaceutical reps.
>>
I have minor tinnitus and sometimes get gout, does that count.
>>
Crohn's crew unite. It isn't that bad since I'm in remission, but shit sucks when it flares up.
>>
>>24920000
They use brain scans to detect schizophrenia, you gotta go to a hospital and everything. My doc almost ordered one on me.
>>
I have a relatively mild form of Ehlers Danlos syndrome. It takes forever for my wounds to heal and even then they scar poorly. I'm also prone to ligament injuries that don't seem to get that much better even after months.
>>
Ulcerative colitis reporting in. Been in remission for nearly 6 months. Every solid shit is a blessing.
>>
>>24920132

They use brain scans to RULE OUT neurological conditions so they can diagnose you with a mental illness instead. That's the whole point of having Axis III in the DSM, to identify and rule out real medical conditions.
>>
past 3 months ive been constantly tired and lethargic and most nights i wake up drenched in sweat despite not being hot. Got a blood test monday. Probs anemia or leukaemia.
>>
File: 1446821291228.jpg (19 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1446821291228.jpg
19 KB, 600x600
>>24920099
im in the middle of a flare right now ;_;
>>
File: 1439930315654.jpg (196 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1439930315654.jpg
196 KB, 960x960
>>24919668
fucking this
doesnt matter how much i try to get in shape
i can never take my shirt off anywhere
even worse i have a mild heart condition, it isnt bad except the pectus makes it worse so now it'll kill me when im 50 and fucks any chance of building stamina.
>>
>>24919315
I think going out on hyperglycemia is better than going out on a hypo. You ever had a seizure? Shit is not fun.

At least with hyperglycemia you could just drink pepsi to quench your thirst until you pass out and piss yourself.
>>
>>24920269
It's going to be daijobu. Remember that there were worse times and that this is only temporary.
>>
>>24919632
Me. If you're still in this thread, let's talk
>>
Severe hemophiliac here. Wassap fagits?
>>
>>24920763

>tfw he can't respond because he's having a seizure
>>
>>24920099
Crohn's reporting in. What are you guys taking? I'm on a Humira trial but it doesn't seem to do shit.
>>
>>24919640
I'm prone to emotional outbursts.
I love having a list of shit i can pull from, MENTAL HEALTH LOLOLOL
>>
File: Happy-Sad-Frog-25.jpg (70 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
Happy-Sad-Frog-25.jpg
70 KB, 400x388
>>24919315
Cancer since im 14, thank god im not an amerifag, never had to pay a cent for healthcare, they even feed me in the oncology guard. Sucks that I missed highschool life, never got to experience how does it feels to be bullyed.
>>
>>24921381
I'm on Remicade. Have you ever taken those infusions before?
>>
>>24921503
Remicade is the shit. Took it for 2 years but now my insurance doesn't cover it. Taking Humira only because it's free.
>tfw shit myself during a final
>sat there and finished the final
>>
I am autistic and have sensory processing disorder. I have also been diagnosed with depression, anxiety, and depersonalization/derealization disorder.

>Mental health doesn't count.
Get fucked.
>>
>>24919758

Rheumatoid arthritis

>Im 27 and my hands already look like im 70.
>Can't run
>Hip pains

At least my parents are semi-rich so I can pay for all my treatments and travel a lot.
>>
>>24921556

No, fuck you anon. Come back when you experience shitting yourself during an exam like this genuinely ill anon:

>>24921547
>>
File: 011.png (1 MB, 1125x1600) Image search: [Google]
011.png
1 MB, 1125x1600
>Addison's Disease.
Skeleton mode with dark skin now, constantly fatigued and fainting at random.

>Asthma
Can't breath sometimes and almost died once because of it

Probably more that I don't know about
>>
>>24921547
Fuck. This is the time for you to change your insurance. Remicade is life.
>>
>>24921575
Are you going to get joint replacement anon
>>
>>24921580
Yeah, because a lifetime of constant alienation is nothing. Sensitivity to light, sound, touch, and taste totally doesn't affect my life. Oh, and my shitty motor skills? Doesn't affect my life at all. The inability to focus, or dig myself out of the constant self-loathing and suffering. Nothing. All the time I spend feeling entirely disconnected from myself and from the world? Yeah, not a symptom of illness. It's totally normal. My panic attacks induced by common stressors also aren't legitimate.
>>
>>24921655
Nigga I wish. I'm too poor for a change.
Share Crohn's stories to spread awareness.
>first flare was in 8th grade
>shit myself at schoolfor the first of many times
>that shame of having to go tot he nurse
>constantly have to make excuses for leaving school after shitting myself
>>
>>24921693

None of that shit is serious at all. That's why mental illnesses aren't allowed in this thread.
>>
pneumothorax ftw
>>
>schizophrenia

Yo

>Mental health doesn't count

Never mind
>>
>>24921693
tumblr pls go
>muh panic attacks
>muh anxiety
>>
>>24921721
>None of that shit is serious at all.
Get fucked. I hope you end up killing yourself from depression.
>>
>>24921754

Killing yourself is a decision, not an illness. You'd probably be spending less money on psychiatrists and putting fewer poisonous chemicals in your body if you took more responsibility for yourself instead of trying medicalize bullshit.
>>
>>24921727
>Never mind
Disregard OP
>>
>>24921791
>jus b urself
Get the fuck out. This board obviously isn't for you.
>>
>>24921819

No, this board isn't for you, normie. This board is for people with real problems.

>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>24921708
Damn, anon. I feel some of those feels. You have it worse than me. I've been lucky enough to control my shit. The word thing I've experienced were flare ups at home.
>tfw eat something I wasn't supposed to
>stomach decides to keep me tied to my bed
A-at least as long as I don't eat anything on top of that, I won't use the bathroom.
>>
>>24919315
i have asthma am i a robot now!?
>>
>>24921835
>didn't know coffee was a diarrhetic
>didn't know it was incredibly bad for Crohn's
>drink coffee while out of the house
>hilarity ensues
It was like that scene in Dumb and Dumber.
You know the one.
>>
File: Saitama_OK.jpg (29 KB, 375x305) Image search: [Google]
Saitama_OK.jpg
29 KB, 375x305
Born deaf. I can read lips pretty good though.
>>
>>24921889
How can you read lips if you have no idea what sound it's supposed to be making?
>>
>>24921889

Completely deaf? What is it like when people discuss music around you? Do you have some concept of what music is or does it make no sense without being able to use the sense of hearing?
>>
>>24921877
Coffee smells and tastes terrible. What are you doing, anon?
>>
>>24921794

Aight

I'm on a combination of effexor and seroquel now, after having a psychotic break in October. Took me about eight weeks to recover from that one.

Can't really compare it to anything except demonic possession.

>tfw your gray matter will slowly be consumed by the progression of the disease and it's not curable
>>
>>24921958

>your gray matter will slowly be consumed by the progression of the disease and it's not curable

That's just the lies your psychiatrist tells you to keep the pharmaceutical money coming in.
>>
>>24919315
Why does mental health not count? I tried to kill myself, and went into a coma, apparently came close to death.
>>
>>24921945
Hoping for colon cancer, mainly.
Only the sweet release of death will help me.
>>
>>24921919
I was taught what letters and such go with what shapes. It's not complicared.
>>24921928
I know what music is. I just don't know anything more than basically the dictionary definition of it.
>>
>>24922052

>I tried to kill myself

That's a decision, not a disease.
>>
>>24922070
It was motivated by a disease. Namely major depressive disorder.
>>
>>24922055
While you're still living at least enjoy the sweet dubs you're getting.
>>
>>24919379
UC here also. Why does it seem like so many online have this or Crohn's?
>>
>>24921677

According to my doctors, im too young for it.

I would have to get surgery every 10 years to replace my knee or hip again. I've been recommended to save the surgeries until I really lose movility / quality of life.
>>
>>24922141
Because explaining to someone that the main symptom of your disorder is diarrhea is pretty embarrassing.
>>
>>24922141

It's a disease of affluence. More people get it as more people are born and raised in unnaturally clean environments. People born in third world countries never get IBD because their immune systems have something to do with all the bacteria from the filth they live in.
>>
>>24919698
What symptoms did you have prior to diagnoses?
>>
Hashimotos

Am FUCKING tired all the time
>>
>>24920836
You too mate? I have spherocytosis
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.