[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I REALLY want a titanium crowbar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 425x292) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 425x292
I love it when things are made from titanium, tungsten, depleted uranium, or stainless if it has a really high nickel content. It doesn't really matter what the object is but I get exited if it's made from those metals, especially if it's common place. Don't really know why I'm posting this but some anon really should give me a titanium crowbar.
>>
>>24918278
I know that feel OP
I have a bit of a "material fetish" for metals too
I wish it came in normal crowbar form tho
>>
My teeth are titanium, it's pretty fucked up. Why do you want a crowbar though.
>>
Where can you get one? I'd send you one but there doesn't seem to be any online that look reputable.
>>
>>24918278
That's stupid
Titanium is super hard
That makes it super brittle
It will break like an icicle.
>>
>>24918278
I highly doubt I am autistic as you, but im not going to lie, I want that fucking crowbar
>>
I'm fascinated with flasks. I have a shitload of travel flasks, sport flasks, wineskins, hydration backpacks etc. Somehow the idea of dragging around drinkable H2O gets me really hard.
>>
>>24918278
I am passionate about bells.

They are so simple, yet so advanced. And they were invented so long ago. The craftsmanship that goes into making them makes then all the more interesting.

I like big bells, that make their rhythmic BONG sound. I like noise. I like bells.
>>
>tfw no titanium crowbar
>>
>>24919942
No, I promise you that titanium is not brittle. My father has titanium fishing leader, and I've tried every way to fuck that shit up and it won't permanently deform. I've tried hammering it, wrapping it around a steel rod and hammering it, twisting it, and anything you can think of. You have to use fencing pliers to cut it.

Pretty expensive though, and the regular fishing line will break before the leader does, so it's pretty pointless.
>>
>>24919942
Nah titanium hammers are a thing, it's a mind fuck because there so light but can still work as well as a normal hammer
>>
Seriously though do you guys have something like down syndrome?
>>
Titanium is a shit tier meme material.

Get yourself some case hardened tool steel. Can get it harder than titanium, and have some heft, like a proper tool
>>
>>24920381
I thought the leaders were so fish didn't bite off the whole rig? Also get better line.
>>
>>24918278
>>24918923
>material fetish

>be 12yo
>playing RPGs
>start hording all the raw materials and misc. stuff the game will let me carry.
>metal ingots, bales of wool, bolts of cloth, barrels of alcohol, crates of food, kegs of gunpowder, cannonballs, anvils, artisan tools, musical instruments, seashells, pearls, books, coins, gems, jewelry, bizarre weapons, etc.
>my house looks like a museum/warehouse
>tfw I don't even use the stuff
>>
>>24920571
>I thought the leaders were so fish didn't bite off the whole rig?
It is. Poly line will be shredded by teeth.

>Also get better line.
Nigger, my father goes like 100 miles out for four days at a time. There is no line in the world that can be guaranteed to hold everything out there.

Besides that, the line is fine. That dumbass had bought a $700 rod once and it snapped in two like a twig a week after he bought it when there was a fish on and I didn't take it out of the holder, but the line was fine. Other times the line snaps. Shit happens.
>>
>>24920736
I did that in WoW. Had a half-dozen bank alts, all of them with all their tabs. Most of whom got gbanks when those came out. Some of it was just stuff I traded on the AH, some of it was just junk that I saved cause I liked having mats and useless trinkets.
>>
Fellow metal enthusiast! Sweet, I have two titanium crowbars (mechanic)

Also,

>Grade 2 Titanium

not Grade 1. Step up.
>>
File: 1449624112087.jpg (34 KB, 960x422) Image search: [Google]
1449624112087.jpg
34 KB, 960x422
>>24918278
What the fuck kind of Xmas present is that??
>>
>>24918278

the THINGS i would pry with that thing
>>
File: Snowpeak Titanium Flask.jpg (26 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Snowpeak Titanium Flask.jpg
26 KB, 600x450
>>24920125
What are your thoughts on Titanium Flasks?

Lightweight, leaves no taste, won't leech anything into your drink, very durable
>>
I just had to scrap a Titanium aquarium heater and chiller.

I'm not sure if its even worth scraping either.
>>
>>24920381
>Brittle
>Permanently deform

Pick one
>>
>>24920736
>>24920861
>play wow
>was in a guild that was realm first on most raids but it was a med pop realm so not a big deal
>2500 arena rating
>still poor as shit
>guild and arena partners purchased all gems and enchants because I couldn't afford it
I ended up scraping by from DEing all the excess pvp wands with honor/valor after I dropped a profession for enchanting but for some reason I always found it amusing how I was rarely in the double digits of gold.
>>
>>24922357
Thats straight up sexy, I'm not even the anon you replied to.
>>
>>24919942
titanium is very hard, but it can also sustain decent amounts of deformation if provided with enough load a lot of aircraft flight-critical components are titanium because they ideally should not elastically deform, but if they do, don't completely crack and fail
>>
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/news/a13919/new-steel-alloy-titanium/

How do you titanium fags feel you're outdated now?
>>
>>24920456
This right here.
Heft=power=quality
>>
File: PC_admits_he_has_a_problem.jpg (1 MB, 900x2614) Image search: [Google]
PC_admits_he_has_a_problem.jpg
1 MB, 900x2614
Pic very related for me.
>>
>>24923556
Everyone was worried because I was obsessed with knives when I was younger

my true love was swords
>>
>>24922987
Take a wire material, bend it to a 0 degree angle, and then use pliers to crush the fold flat, then unbend it. Shitty iron will snap (brittle), steel will have a kink where the area around the material bent back while the crushed fold did not (permanently deformed). The titanium will return to a straight shape.
>>
>>24918278
Do you have autism? Also where do you plan on finding a depleted uranium crowbar? Not exactly a metal you can just go out and buy large quantities of, even if it is only moderately more dangerous than lead.
>>
>>24920360
I like to collect knives.
>inb4 edgyhuehue
>>
>>24918278
Now, Ti has a great stength-to-weight ratio. You have to realize that this trait is different than overall strength. For it's weight, Ti is very strong. Stonger than steel infact. Now that is if you compare the different metals pound for pound. Now by volume, that is a different ball game. If you compare the 2 metals if those metals occupied the exact same amount of space, steel is much stonger than Ti. About twice as strong in fact. Also, steel is a type of metal that has a lot of lateral strength. So a steel prybar is much stronger than a Ti one.

And going back to some points I made earlier about Ti. Ti is a soft and springy metal. Its hardness is only at about RC 55. It is not the ideal metal for blades. Makes a good framelock due to lock strength because of its characteristic of being springy and light.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.