[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't Go NEET you fucking idiots trust me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 15
File: hessnewman.jpg (317 KB, 1280x1602) Image search: [Google]
hessnewman.jpg
317 KB, 1280x1602
Don't go NEET.

I went NEET 5 years ago and now want job to buy some shit

Literally unemployable.

Employers assume:

You were in jail for something you don't want to mention (i.e. pedophile or murder)

You are crazy and emotionally unstable

You are lazy shiftless loser.

You are going to go crazy and do a workplace shooting.

Fair warning. Get a job as soon as you finish high school and college ANY JOB even part time at Target or some shit is enough.
>>
>>24917139
>almost 26 and have never had a job

I'd rather be NEET or even dead than spend my life working a job I hate. I do wish I had at least tried to pursue something I wouldn't mind doing, but I just couldn't find a passion for anything or decide what to do, and now it's probably far too late.
>>
Minwage jobs don't care. They'll hire you if you're a crazy pedophile who just did jailtime.
>>
22 y/o here, didn't go to school at all pretty much NEET since 12. Also experienced this, I could never even get an interview applying in person well dressed and groomed.

If you have no experience at all you are fucked, I'm enlisting in the army it's the only way out for me now.
>>
>>24917304
You're wrong. Flat out wrong, they will ignore you completely. You can say you're looking for a job and as soon as they see a chasm and no experience in your resume they trash it.

Seriously, min wage giving anyone a job is a fucking meme. Anyone who tried to get a job with no experience but older knows it.
>>
>>24917139
Why don't you just lie about 1-2 min wage jobs to fill the gap? No one actually checks unless the job you're applying for is not a job but a career
>>
>>24917225
too bad that's not how society works. Look for a job you love and if you can't find it just find a job you lazy fuck
>>
>>24918584
>too bad that's not how society works
I've never worked a day in my life and I'm still alive, so it seems to be working just fine to me.
>>
Hopefully I will be dead in 5 years anyway, fAm.
>>
>>24917225
Wow. And your parents haven't kicked you out yet?
>>
>>24919602
No they have not. They take responsibility for their creation.

They're not very happy with my situation but they would be even less happy if I were completely depressed from wageslavery or dead.
>>
>>24919674
Cool. You're very fortunate to be in the millenial generation w/ me. Parents of pre-Generation X kids were abusive & mean to their kids, and would've kicked you out/made you pay rent by the time you turned 18. My mom would love to have me live here forever - so I will. Difference is, I plan to get a job so I'll have money to spend on otaku merch.
>>
>>24919458

>only a quarter of the way through life
>stupidly projects that the other three quarters should be the same

have fun when your parents die and mommy cant make you tendies anymore, faggot
the wave of NEET suicides to come in the next decade will be glorious
>>
>>24918097
You're supposed to lie. Use fake references.

Everyone fucking lies. Even people with their shit together.

Keep scraping together lies until you get your foot in the door.
>>
>>24919809
I don't fear death.

I'd rather live the years I can as a NEET than spend the rest of my life doing something I hate doing.
>>
>>24919809
Except that won't happen because once you become homeless you can easily get bux and a place, social workers will advocate for you and if you aren't a crazy drug addict you will get placed quickly.
And once you are in the system it's easy to transition onto disability.

Why all the hate btw? Who cares how other people live their lives?
>>
>>24917139
Or you can lie and have a relative pose as the business owner.
>>
>>24917139
>You are lazy shiftless loser.
Well... They're not wrong.
>>
>>24920190
>Implying NEETs have the social skills required to lie
>>
whats a NEET?

inb4 lurkmoar
>>
>>24919878
This

Five years as a NEET followed by death is better than 40 years spending all day every day doing shit you hate.
>>
>>24920231
Not in Education, Employment or Training

Basically anyone who neither works nor goes to school.
>>
A tip for those with gaps in their resume.
Post an ad saying looking for work, this is how I found my job and my work history is spotty as fuck. I got called by a guy who needed a hand moving his HVAC shop and he just kept me around afterwards, I had to give him a resume after but that was just for on file and I made up a bunch of stuff about doing moving etc.
>>
>be 21
>apprentice in a trade
>work 50+ hour weeks
>decent money and enjoyable work, i don't care
>live at home

the last bullet makes people treat me like a NEET for some reason, I can't figure it out
>>
what do you do with your extra money.

not paying rent effectively means you are making A LOT of fucking money.
>>
File: welfare.jpg (53 KB, 852x469) Image search: [Google]
welfare.jpg
53 KB, 852x469
>>24917225
This. 29 here and NEET for almost 12 years.

I just get sick of the people around me and couldn't be motivated to ever have a job when I was still in school. There is also no reward in having a job, only when I would have a chance to get sex on a regular basis as reward I would be willing to give back to society.
>>
>>24920287
Where did you post an ad?
>>
>>24920200
eh.

I guess that's true.

but I am do want to work and maintain a job now.

I guess it's delusional for me to think "don't judge me for my past, but for my potential"
>>
> Almost 32
>Only worked for one summer about a decade ago
> Been to school off and on
> About to start a computer science degree
> Probably going to have to lie my ass off to even have a snowball's chance in hell of getting internships/a job

Oh well, we'll see I guess.
>>
>parents are divorced and neither give me an allowance or buy me things
>mow yards at age 11 so I can have money
>work any concession stand job I can
>at age 14 start working construction during the summers to pay for clothes and food during the school year
>buy a cheap car and work full time at 16
>drop out of school to work more
>teach myself programming while working minimum wage jobs
>eventually start getting real jobs and have a career
>make $80 an hour and work from home now

I still wonder what it's like to have parents who love me enough to let me be a lazy NEET.

More NEET stories please
>>
We're all gonna make it family.
>>
Im a NEET because society didnt give me a chance, and now theyre paying my welfare.
>>
I don't really like being neet that much anymore but I don't know what else to do, I'm hated by everyone, chads. normies and 'losers' alike.
>>
>>24917139
walmart and target or any other big name stores hires the mentally handicapped so, your wrong
>>
>>24917139
>25
>never had a job
>terrible social skills

i don't know what to do. i've heard there's a blacklist if they catch you lying
>>
>What about these missing 4 years here, anon?

>Yeah, I got hit by a car and bust up my shoulders pretty bad, had to do a ton of physio and stretch the joints out all the time, pretty much back to normal at this point you though.

>Oh I'm sorry to hear that, anon. Glad to see you're better now though.

Here's a tip for lyfe, robots.

There's nothing wrong with lying to get where you want to go.

Is there something wrong with me? I've always been able to lie so convincingly and have it just roll off my tounge as though it were second nature.
>>
that why the world is fucked up, we like to look at it and say: 'welll thats just how the world works and there aint nuthin we can do about it' when there is. its fucked up and needs to change.
>>
>>24921500
This.... BETA UPRISING NOW
>>
>>24920664
Enjoy being a code monkey that has to take orders from curry niggers.
>>
File: 1421909737643.jpg (10 KB, 251x241) Image search: [Google]
1421909737643.jpg
10 KB, 251x241
>>24920379
>There is also no reward in having a job
>>
>>24921461
you may as well take advantage of it if you've got it.
>>
Can anybody tell me: does "Give me money and I'll do stuff for you" ever work IRL?

Are they ever like "You're real straightfoward, son, I like that! When can you start?"
>>
>>24917139
get into construction learn a trade. they dont care about all that in the construction industry. get work through an agency its piss easy
>>
>>24921372
Businesses receive subsidies from the government for hiring disabled people, which gives them incentive to hire them. People who aren't officially disabled don't have that advantage.
>>
>>24921598
I do.

All the time.

I used to have a problem with lying in school, I'd just lie all the time, about everything, I had to learn to stop myself and just lie when the moment called for it.

You can't just go to someone for help and tell them "Look, mother, father, I can't help it, I just lie all the time!" Without destroying their trust in you.

Or maybe this whole post was a lie!

__________________It wasn't though__________________
>>
>>24921666
That won't work if you're interviewing with a human resources person for some corporation, but it might work if you're interviewing with a logical man who owns/runs a small business.
>>
File: 1426963957518.jpg (125 KB, 641x593) Image search: [Google]
1426963957518.jpg
125 KB, 641x593
>>24917139

I know I'm pretty much fucked. To be honest though...it's not so bad, you just have to abandon any hope that you may have originally had of living a normal life.

Come to terms with being a permabachelor, work odd jobs posted on craigslist, make chump change taking surveys. Anything, anything at all, is better than nothing, as long as you thoroughly enjoy it.

Honestly I think there are a lot of normalfags who are in similar positions, IE, people whose parents told them to go to college and they went and got a degree, had no job experience and are fucked as a result.

The job market will eventually accomodate these people, so perhaps it won't be all bad for us. In any event, enjoy the time you have, don't worry about external validation and fucking enjoy yourselves. As much and as often as possible.
>>
>>24921773
my life is a lie

its just one big meme
>>
>>24921590
> Implying that it is even possible for me to get a paid position.
Why thank you, you're too kind

>>24921799
I think you're exactly right, I feel the same way. I actually feel pretty good about my life, and we might as well enjoy what we have left.
>>
>graduate with baccalaureate in behavioral science
>sit on my ass, fap, eat tendies, and shitpost for 4 years straight
>work gap? Oh you must be referring to the 4 years I lived with my grandfather and took care of him as his health declined
>during this time I did freelance writing and coding, cybersecurity, and e-commerce
>I may not have on the job experience but I am just so darn passionate about thing, notice how I casually use industindustry terms signifying familiarity with the cant and shit
>called back with job offer 2 weeks later

It's as easy as writing a resume, lying, then landing an interview and lying some more. It's not like they can ask for proof of freelance, security, and e-commerce. If they do you just say that's privileged, protected, proprietary information or some bullshit. For e-commerce just show random etsy and Amazon page, then say you would rather not show your niche sites. You can subtly imply sex toys but that you are very discreet with that part of yourself. They just want an interesting guy. Your skills mean shit for most jobs. It's a popularity contest once you get an interview scheduled
>>
>>24921593

I like how your post enumerated every reward in having a jobjob.
>>
File: 1426897183839.png (516 KB, 680x418) Image search: [Google]
1426897183839.png
516 KB, 680x418
>>24921913

The main thing is, I think a lot of 'NEETs,' deep down inside, realize that they would in fact rather be lazy fucks and really there's nothing wrong with that.

At least not today. Take a look around: narcissism and self-occupation is rewarded to a toxic extent. Who gives a flying fuck or shit what some faggot has to say about how you live your life?

Fuck it, kick back and enjoy yourselves. Let the normalfag circus roll on.
>>
>>24919674
They already pretend that you're dead tho fambro
>>
>>24922011
Not really. I have a pretty good relationship with my parents. We still do projects around the house together and go places together quite often.
>>
>>24917225
>>24920379
Wait a minute. This can't be real. You guys can't be serious. All memes and shit aside, but you can't seriously say that you in your mid to late twenties and have never had a job or at least gone to college. Yes, the outside world sucks. Sometimes it doesn't. But you can't tell me you're happy with the situation you guys are in. Don't you feel pathetic? Not just as a man, but as a human? You living off your parents without even giving them money or at least a sign of self-improvement? You fucking men. One day your parents are going to die, and you won't have anyone else to rely on. What'll you do then? Shit, they could even die tomorrow. Then what? My advice to you is to become a wageslave, even if for a little while, or get into a college or uni, anyone, and change now, while you still have the security to do so. And if you're really in a position where there really seems to be no way out, join the military. But do something. If a fucking antisocial wierdo like me can get through life on my own, then you can too.
>>
>>24921666

It could with the right attitude. I was asked how much I wanted and said that I do love money very much but I'm more interested in the experience and company and have big ambitions of bootstrapping my way up. I think I also said something about having a lot saved up already. I always thought employers avoided people who need money because they're probably poor, I knew I would if I were hiring. If they push the issue I would have said something ridiculous like $75.68/hr. Don't let them corner you. At most you should ask what the salary range is for the area for that position, then whatever they say reply that that is acceptable. Pay is between you and hr when they make the offer. If it's a big corporation then the hiring manager doesn't have anything to do with money, it can only hurt you to linger on the subject or honeshonestly answer. Too low? You probably suck and recognize it. Too high? Obviously unfamiliar with basic info such as reasonable salary. Just right? Get the fuck outta' here Goldilocks, no job because reasons.
>>
>>24921972
Amen to that, brother. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Feels good to know there are people out there that understand and feel the same way.
>>
Life is what you make it. Take away these bullshit social constructs and we're nothing more than animals. Trade hours of your life for money, consume, repeat. We're all free to do as we please, and if you want to spend it working your life off to some rich guy, have fun. If you wanna spend it living on the bare minimum browsing r9k for half your life, go ahead. Fuck you, do what you want.
>>
>>24922078
"getting through life" isn't something to brag about, if you want to treat your existence as a chore then go ahead.
>>
>>24922078
kill yourself you normie fucking cunt fuck
>>
>>24922078
>or at least gone to college
I took a few college classes but dropped out after one semester.
>you can't tell me you're happy with the situation you guys are in
I'm not, but as I said in a previous post, I'd rather be dead than spend my life working a job I hate. I'd love to be able to do something I actually enjoy, but I've just failed to find the necessary passion and success to do it, so being NEET is just my least miserable option so far.
>Don't you feel pathetic? Not just as a man, but as a human? You living off your parents without even giving them money or at least a sign of self-improvement?
I feel like a failure and feel guilty for the endless mooching off my parents, but like I said in a previous post, it would hurt my parents even more if I was extremely depressed from wageslavery or dead. I just wish I could help them without hurting myself.
>One day your parents are going to die, and you won't have anyone else to rely on. What'll you do then?
I'll live as long as possible off inheritance and possibly live with other relatives if they're still alive. When all else fails, I'm not afraid to die.
>>
Well I've been unemployed for 5 years, NEET for 2. I just signed up with a government program to help get people work, and next week will go to a job fair, see a "career coach" and find out about special services for people with autism. Since I'm high functioning that my autism isn't noticeable, will probably not qualify for autismbux, but there may be ways they can help me find employment that doesn't conflict with my autism, and get regular unemployment bux if I'm actively looking for work. I was fired from my last job, so no unemployment bux, I've been supported by parents, used up my savings, and dipped into trust fund money my grandma left for me. Fortunately inheritance isn't counted as income when getting public services, though I probably will have to pay tax this year since I withdrew more than $10k
>>
God, I don't know how you NEETS can stand it. I got my first job at 16 and have been employed at least part time ever since, I cannot imagine not having one. It's so gratifying to pick a paycheck you earned and spend it on things you want, and not be reliant on the government or parents. I fought to separate myself from my parents, just because I hate the feeling of relying someone else.

Basically, you do you, but I will never understand why or how you do it.
>>
File: alliance.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
alliance.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
>>24919811
>>24919811
>>24919811
>>24919811

>>24919811
fucking this, when will you idiots learn?
The prince by machiavelli, fucking read it. You guys are like 500 years late...
>>
Even when I dropped out of HS I still held jobs because I want to do fucking something. It gets so boring being NEET
>>
>>24922197
Yea, that's right. Keep spouting memes on your hugbox image board. You'll get a swift kick in the ass by life soon enough.

>>24922164
You think I'm bragging? I'd brag if I had a fucking reason to. Like owning a house, or a nice car, or if I had a fucking girlfriend. But I don't got none of those so I can't say that I'm bragging. The problem is that you guys have life too easy. You don't know the meaning of independence, or why people work in the first place, since you've never had the need to. If you don't want to work, then go live somewhere secluded, away from society and all of its perks and live off the land. But even then you'd still have to work, food isn't gonna find itself.

I think the main problem is most of you sad fucks never had a dad. And for that I can truly sympathize with you. But the world doesn't give a fuck about that.
>>
>>24922300
>things you want
I don't want things though, that's the issue, I used to have a job but what I gained from it was so minor compared to what I had to give up (most of my time, even outside of work hours the keking had rotted my brain away so I couldn't even enjoy my time off).
>>
>>24922368

That's...pretty much it. The world doesn't give a fuck, you're spot-on right, it truly doesn't give a fuck about any of the shit that goes on in our lives.

The main thing in the case of NEETs is that, after realizing that the world doesn't give a fuck, neither do they.
>>
>>24918043
Same with me, but I can't join the millitary due to mental illness
>>
>>24920322
How is apprenticeship? I'd always thought about giving it a shot if I fuck up university. I only have experience fixing some random shit at my grandparents' place though.
>>
>>24922368
oh you dont agree with my lifestyle? well fuck you then, im not going to comform to your expectations, who the hell are you?
>>
>>24922368
I moved out of home at 18 actually and have been independent ever since, I wasn't always neet, I saw the light.
>>
>>24922399
Hey man, whatever works for you. I just feel a sense of gratification from setting a goal and working towards and achieving it. I can't make others feel the same motivation, so I've given up shitposting against NEETS
>>
>>24917139
Tell them your mom/dad/grandma/cat was sick and you wanted to make them comfortable as possible, unfortunately that meant putting your career aspirations on hold.
Thats a win win, no way for him to check out your story unless you're applying for a job with the FBI or something, and it makes you seem like a dedicated guy who's a little down on his luck.
>>
>>24921972

It's true. Never before has everything a person could want be so cheap it is trivial to acquire. At the same time, never has there been this much cool shit to do. Anime, vidya, books, and a never ending supply of sort of interests and activities. We have so many hobbies it's hard to stick to just one. I had been sperging on make a beer/wine/spirit system, including bottling and presentation. I've recently switched back to rcs though, and can feel a training coming back too. There's so much productive things to do and money is almost worthless tow. Why would anyone ever even consider working a job?
>>
>>24922443
Look, if you're okay with being a worthless pile of shit that'll never amount to anything, that's fine. Not like you have the balls to prove me wrong. You're better off getting a sex change so you can at least be a bitch inside and out.
>>
Why don't you guys just make money on Youtube
>>
>>24922603
>i aint gotta problem with you
>youre a bitch and i hate you

are you mad about something?
it seems like you are, why dont you leave our board.
>>
>>24922555
>yeah i dropped out of college after one semester then took five years off to take care of my grandfather

i dont think theyd buy it
>>
>>24922078

Some people have broader minds than that. It's pointless to try explaining because you lack the capacity to understand. My time would be better spent teaching chickens calculus.

It's a simple cost benefit analysis. Your idea of being a good guy dancing for scraps from master's table being fulfilling, and I can even understand developing some weird sense of pride from it. Many less evolved groups take pride in some pointless behavior or symbol. My time is worth too much though. Even at a million dollars an hour it would be a waste. I have productive things to do. Someone telling me to do things or else would seriously get in the way of my projects.
>>
>>24922645
>implying I have the social skills or special talents/skills required to make money that way
>>
>>24918326
>No one actually checks
Most applications say they use a background check service where they verify your employment history, residence, credit, criminal record, etc. I had a really good interview last month, and never heard back form them- probably because I lied about not getting fired form my last job.
>>
>>24922603
what is your job you work as?
>>
>>24922368

>I'm not bragging, I just have a hard life and I purposely try to make it as hard and unenjoyable as possible
>dumb neets doing what you want to all day, you'll never understand the pain of doing things you don't like unless you do things you don't like
>you should work just cuz even though there is no good reason too, just cuz and I said to
>>
>>24918584
>>24919458
>too bad that's not how society works
>settling with how society wants you to be
That is the real mistake.
>>
>>24922676
>Learn Adobe Premire (even basic editing)
>Most robots already have a good computer to play games going out of the ordinary and playing classics
People will watch and it's some income
>>
>>24922660
>he had Alzheimers, its hard to watch the man who taught me what it is to be a man go down that road
I got my last job that way.
Maybe I'm just a sociopath and am just really good at lying, but I just kind of got a little "choked up" and avoided the subject whenever it was brought up.
>>
File: 1422099285785.jpg (33 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1422099285785.jpg
33 KB, 480x454
>he fell for the NEET troll
>>
>>24922532

That doesn't count as setting a goal and working towards it. You are doing the exact opposite but have somehow deluded yourself into thinking otherwise. You have no motivation because you are not fully human. That's why you work and claim to find it satisfying. You've never actually had a single thought or feeling in your entire life. The difference between neetgods and wagekek is like the difference between men and females.
>>
>>24922701

That don't matter. I have a job and you don't. Just kill yourself already. I win and am better than you.
>>
>>24922673
>being this much of a pretentious shitbag

If you had important projects you wouldn't be here
>>
>>24922811
>McWagekek thinks he's better than anyone
My sides
>>
>>24922659
I used to be a NEET, and it isn't the kind of thing to glorify or validate, which is exactly what this board does. Users of every other board wish to have this board deleted, myself included, since it's just a cesspool that spawns school shooters. Sadly, Hiro doesn't give a fuck about the happenings of the rest of the world, all he wants is his ad money. Moot did the right thing.

>>24922673
There's nothing to explain. You're simply draining resources from people who work/have worked hard while creating excuses and tinfoil theories so you have a reason to run away from the real truth.
>>
File: 1442152616176.jpg (106 KB, 612x300) Image search: [Google]
1442152616176.jpg
106 KB, 612x300
> uni dropout
> quit one job after two weeks because it was terrible
> got fired after two weeks from another job because made too many mistakes
> no other job experience
> social anxiety
> 25
>>
>>24922853
That poster isn't me. All I'm saying is don't you fucks at least love your parents? Are you saying your parents,the ones who gave you the gift of life, are nothing more than wagslaves, toiling away day in day out so that you can spend your days posting on a board for fuckups? Is that why you exist?
>>
>>24922784
How exactly am I doing the opposite of setting a goal and working towards it? I want a nicer car and my own place, and the way to get there is getting a job and paying for it, because my family obviously isn't as spineless as yours and doesn't pay for my every need
>>
>>24922828

I'm not a mindless automaton. I enjoy my leisure as well. You can have leisure activities and hobby projects at the same time. I'm notncurrently eating a hamburger but I do eat hamburgers. Besides that, I need rest. I find inspiration comes from the least expected areas. I can read technical books all day long and it's cool, but all my greatest ideas have come from dreams, 4chan, and discussing things with people outside of the relevant domain of my projects. If you want to think outside of the box you have to occasionally get out of the box.

It's hard not to pretentious when everyone is so far below me though. The real question is how can someone like you even feel they deserve to use the same Internet as I, or even wear clothes. The slugs, ants, and worms don't wear clothes and you're no better than they.
>>
File: 1449317472874.jpg (47 KB, 640x424) Image search: [Google]
1449317472874.jpg
47 KB, 640x424
>>24922811
just tell me what it is tho
>>
>>24922701
I'm an intern, don't want to say where since it would sound like I'm "bragging".
>>
>>24922811
the fact that youre witholding this info is suspicious.
>>
>>24922878

It's just different skillsets. We all contribute to society. People like me, the thinkers and doers arguably contribute a great deal more, but no game of chess is won without pawns, so the little wagekeks like you do serve some purpose.
>>
File: 307.jpg (37 KB, 788x685) Image search: [Google]
307.jpg
37 KB, 788x685
>be depressive faggot
>Worked 3 jobs. KFC, Walmart and a call center.
>Literally got fired from all of them for being a lazy piece of shit
>I would come in late all the time
>There was days that I didnt even bother to go to work (I was so lazy and unmotivated I didnt even bother to call and lie saying i was sick or something)
>BE NEET for 3 years
>Finally decided to apply myself and turn my life around
>Apply for a security job
>Get hired in literally less then a month

I lied the entire interview, I said I was hard working and whatnot, they asked me if i ever being fired and I lied with a straight face.
>>
Fucking ha ha, you jobless bastard
>>
>>24922998
don't worry friend, spit it out, none of us will get jelly hehe
>>
>>24922998
internships are literal slave jobs

youre gettin played
>>
>>24922981
Just like my leisure time as well. I have a job, but I'm not always working. I work and get paid, but I'm not constantly thinking about money and shit.

Just out of curiosity, what are you working on, specifically. It's not an indie game, is it?
>>
>>24922784
Listen here you you shit, if there's ANYTHING you want to accomplish in this world, you'll need money. Dreams and hopes don't come to fruition without it. So there's no other option but to work, unless you camwhore, suck dicks, or are actually smart and charismatic, in which case set up a Patreon so that "wageslaves" work for you. There is no honor in being a neet, there's no excuse or reasoning to justify being one. But there is ALWAYS a way out of being one.
>>
or like.... you know...

if you had half a brain you could just realize that you can LIE on your resume and LIE about everything related to the job, and get the job anyways?

fucking morons everyone in this thread, so fucking stupid
>>
Most rich people are neets too, they just inherited the wealth or high paying low effort job from their parents but will be veiwed as hardworkers who earned their status.
>>
>>24923061
honor's a spook
>>
>>24922980

So you were a bad son? I guess I can see why your family hates you. You sound like a materialistic bitch. You don't even want those things. You're lying to yourself. You say you want them because someone else wanted them. Setting a goal and working towards it involves actually setting a goal and working towards it. When I was a kid I had chores like make your bed and feed the dog. I did them, but I didn't kid myself that it was some life defining experience or a grand goal and achievement. I did as I was told. The difference is I was a kid and grew up to become a man. You were a kid, grew up, then desperately failed about seeking someone, anyone, who would take charge of your life and micromanage every detail so you don't have to do any of that scary thinking stuff.
>>
>>24922368
I think the main problem for you is that your normalfag cunt parents couldn't afford contraceptives and for that I can truly sympathize with you but the world doesn't give a fuck about that
>>
>>24923036
Not really, at the very least I'm rubbing elbows with people who can teach me a thing or two about how to excel. I may not be getting paid, but I know for damn sure my resume and linkedin will look nice. Once this internships over, I'm creating my own startup, while you neets will be knocking on Uncle Sam's door for your neetbucks. I might even bump into one of you shits begging for money during my commute. If you don't like what I'm saying, change your ways and leave this place.
>>
>>24923061

You don't seem to understand. Most things are free, or of trivial cost. Sure money is needed is some vague sense. All the money in the world can't make any dreams and hopes come to fruition though, it is the least important factor.
>>
>>24922234
Depressed from being a wageslave? Are your parents decrepit hippies? I don't even want to imagine what spastic environment you live in.
>>
>>24923116
i have goals to acheive, its just that none of them are usefull too society.
>>
>>24923158
Keep making excuses. I'm a fucking Black, balding, micropenis manlet, yet you don't see me complaining. Everyday is a literal struggle for me, but I keep moving forward because I have a fucking dream. Whether its realized or not, I don't give a damn, at least I can say I tried. That I left my mark on this world in some way. Can you say the same?
>>
>>24923172
Tell me one thing that's free, and I'll tell you how its not.
>>
>>24922951
The ones who forced me into this crucible and cut off part of my penis in celebration
>>
>>24923110
they like tricking people like you into thinking that if you do this and that for them you can be like them one day.

but thats not how it works now... you have to be born onto that life. you are a wagekek and nothing more.
>>
>>24923116
>implying that owning a nice car is anything even approaching a lifetime goal

Hey man, I just want a car that can get out of state and doesn't have battery problems. What do YOU live for, anon?

Also, my parents appreciate me not wanting to live off them, just like yours secretly wish. I still visit them fairly often, I'm actually visiting right now for the holidays.

Why is it that all the obviously miserable (plenty of people have said so in this thread) NEETS go out of your way to point out how all people with jobs aren't really happy? I'm sure as shit happier than you, and thus far that shows no signs of changing. Go ahead, say that it's all fake and that I've been conditioned by society, it won't change the fact that I've taken my place in the world and you're merely stragglers, feeding off the dregs of my work.
>>
haven't worked since 2007 lol, what we should do is put each others names on our resumes and get our stories straight then we can be each others fake references
>>
>>24923203
In the words of the great Shia LaBouf, "JUST DO IT". JUST FUCKING DO IT. Whether you fail or succeed, do it. Fuck society, fuck women, fuck peer pressure and fuck being a neet. Just fucking do it. Like right now.
>>
>>24923238
>leaving marks on the world

oh youu
>>
>>24923276
But you're still alive, right? Let me ask you something: do you have a waifu?
>>
>>24923060

I've considered an indie game since I think video games are the ultimate story telling medium, but I'm more interested in practical things. I have a lot of projects really. One that eats up a great deal of my time is biointensive gardening and permaculture. I've been playing with some irrigation systems. I'd like to one day expand into aquaponics as well. It's kind of funny though. I thoroughly enjoy growing shit, but I'm usually trying to find ways of automation and improving efficiency. It's really a shame. Most people pretending to be into it think playing with a tiller and pack of seeds is comparable. They aren't gardeners unless they take notes, design, build, assess. They don't even look at all the cool chemicals and shitshAny time someone mentions organic anything outside of actually meaning organic, like chemistry, I disregard everything they say.
>organic produce is better for you because no pesticides
>see, they apply a lot more pesticides than real produce uses, that means no pesticides and it's healthier for you
>>
Any tips for lying about your work history? I'm trying to get this minimum wagekuck retail job.
>>
>>24920379
Telling someone to join the military is probably the most American thing to do.

You sound like a neckbeard.
>>
>>24923369
Just say lie, most employers don't go through the process of checking unless the position is one that's esssential to the business.
>>
>>24922078
>then you can too

You must be new here.
>>
>>24923377
But the military will not only give you food, housing, pay for your fucking tuition if you wantto go to school, but you get to kill sandniggers and learn what it takes to become Chad.
>>
>>24923019
Whatever helps you sleep at night, champ.
>>
>>24923338
no i don't have a waifu
>>
>>24920178
>Who cares how other people live their lives?

Normally, we wouldn't, but those NEETbux were our tax dollars.
>>
>>24923258

Like what, breathing isn't free because it requires food which can only be obtained by billions of dollars in agriculture and shit? Shut the fuck up. Practically most things are free. I want a book, I download it. If I don't use my Internet I use someone else's. Money for a computer? It's trivial, ask for friends, family, or strangers to help you. Anything you want is easily obtained. You just purposely make it hard so you can brag about how much a martyr you are for suffering your ego. If I want something I get it or do it. There's nothing more to it, unless you want there to be.
>>
>>24923470

Are you asking? Usually I drink bourbon, but dph or doxylamine are good too. Really nothing beats getting your diet and training routine dialed in though.
>>
>>24920369
no, not paying rent means you can work part time so you're not a complete wage slave, so you get to still have lots of free time, and also enough money as long as you don't have a car, take expensive vacations, or collect anime figurines, etc. When my mother dies or moves out I would just go rent a room somewhere.
>>
I wish I could be NEET. I've at least managed to get by working less than full time most of my life, but I've almost always had one or two jobs since I was maybe 15. Every minute you're working for wages is a minute of your life stolen from you.

If you're bored when you don't have a job you're probably just boring.

True facts.
>>
>>24923473
That's too bad. I was going to tell you that a great motivation to work would be to be able to purchase a VR headset and PC so could be with your waifu.
>>
Has anyone have experience with websites or apps where people can just hire you locally to do odd jobs IRL on a person-person basis? Like lets say a small business owner needs temporary help during end-of-year holiday season, they just post a bulletin offering to pay someone $10/hour to be their assitant.
>>
File: 1431530505274.png (128 KB, 579x523) Image search: [Google]
1431530505274.png
128 KB, 579x523
I was a hikikomori for 5 years, minwage slave for 2 and decentwage slave for 3. I am building my house this summer so I've come a far way.

OBJECTIVELY SPEAKING
Decent Job>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NEET>>>>>MINWAGE RETAIL FAGGOTRY

Some tips for neetbros
- Ask family and friends for jobs before you do the dull grind of internet job applications
- if u hate retail work (like me) get a DOT card and Forklift operator license, these are easy to get and will allow you to work a few bucks above min wage in warehouse environment or outside doing delivery
- Consider building a tiny house on a trailer if you want true independence asap.

https://unitedacademy.ur.com/

welp fallen assleep now
>>
File: A good thing.jpg (8 KB, 222x216) Image search: [Google]
A good thing.jpg
8 KB, 222x216
>>24922078
I'm going to get a trade and make 50k a year. That's enough to support me, all I want to do is get money for my manchild hobbies and watch my nfl team play live.
>>
File: 1448950218223.png (2 MB, 1408x1324) Image search: [Google]
1448950218223.png
2 MB, 1408x1324
Serious question:

Isn't there some charity out there that will literally pay me money to talk depressed people out of suicide on 4chan?
>>
>>24922811
>people like this exist

I have a job too, just putting that out there so you don't resort to calling me a NEET as a form of argument.

Do you really think you become instantly "better" than someone because you have a job? What do you define as being "better"? Do you think someone who doesn't have a job is automatically a leech or is less productive than someone who does?
>>
I've tried working and university and it sucks ass.
>>
>>24923238
niggre
>>
>>24924223
Pretty good except I can't see how Putin isn't in the lowest tier. He seems to be the same as the ones in there.
>>
Starting going back to a NEET about a month ago, my mom won't leave my alone about it. I was a NEET for a little over a year 3years ago. I'm just sick of people, I can't sleep to make it to work anyways.
>>
File: 1393388979056.gif (650 KB, 647x363) Image search: [Google]
1393388979056.gif
650 KB, 647x363
I became a NEET because I was absolutely confident I would kill myself

I don't want to live in society but I don't want to die any more so the military looks like the only option but now I'm horribly unfit and they may not take me because I haven't done anything with my life

If Australian military won't take me then I'm going French Foreign Legion
>>
>>24922078
Will normies ever accept subjectivity?
>>
>>24924459
>If Australian military won't take me then I'm going French Foreign Legion

Heh, they turn away veterans from other countries because they aren't up to snuff.
>>
>>24924642
So some vet tried to go in and failed?

wow. great info there, champ
>>
You could have made some shit up, you know. Tell them you were traveling, or you were a full-time caretaker for your now-deceased mother, something they couldn't or wouldn't take the time to verify. Telling them that you spent the past 5 years doing nothing but watching chinese girl cartoons and posting a sad/angry/smug frog online is just dumb.
>>
>>24917139
Just make up shit, say you ran a small online business that failed. Say you were freelancing online
>>
I've applied for a ton of min. wage jobs and heard nothing back. Never even got one interview. Pretty sure my resume is fine so what the hell could I be doing wrong?

It's like I'm being forced to be NEET
>>
>>24922673
>Some people have broader minds than that. It's pointless to try explaining because you lack the capacity to understand

You are fucking delusional lmao
>>
>>24922603
>worthless pile of shit that'll never amount to anything
That's a meaningless term. It only motivates people that are fully dependent on societal acceptance. The NEET either has no need to be valued by others or finds value within himself.
Who cares what normies think? It's pretty sad you are willing to sacrifice 2/3rds of your week labouring just so somebody pats your head in appreciation.
>>
File: 12879002.png (108 KB, 370x252) Image search: [Google]
12879002.png
108 KB, 370x252
>>24925649
This desu. I keep trying to explain that the secret to being a happy person is to internalize your sense of self worth, and not need external validation for your fragile masculinity.
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.