[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your hobby /r9k/? Why don't you have one yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 15-12-11.jpg (451 KB, 940x679) Image search: [Google]
15-12-11.jpg
451 KB, 940x679
What's your hobby /r9k/?
Why don't you have one yet?
Pic related, i draw.
>>
>pic related, i draw

not very well I see
>>
>>24916822
It's fun and I like doing it. What about you?
>>
>Why don't you have one yet?
How the fuck do I find one.
>>
>>24916796
How do you draw straight lines with a tablet? I have a cheap one and I always end up looking like I have Michael J Fox disease.
>>
I barely have enough energy being alive, I can't imagine doing things.
>>
>>24916822
It looks fine to me, very cute.
Are you having a bad day, anon?
>>
>>24916846
Move you arms and hand in the direction of the line, don't just turn your wrist.
Also, long straight lines aren't necessary. You can make many small lines that connect.
>>
File: sss.png (2 MB, 1040x1040) Image search: [Google]
sss.png
2 MB, 1040x1040
>>24916842
I bought a bowling ball recently
>>
>>24916845
Do a bunch of shit until you find something that you think is fun or worth doing. You could start a collection. Video games count.
>>
>tfw numerous hobbies but am mediocre and half assed in all of them
>>
>>24916796
i like reading about people's lives on /r9k
>>
>>24916796
>antique toy trains
>antique fans
>audio and video gear
>lighting technology
>flashlights
>tools and learning how to fix things

>tfw all of my hobbies are autistic and have basically zero female participants and have no outlets for meeting people anywhere near where I live
>>
>>24917115
Jack of all trades, master of none,
though oftentimes better than master of one.
>>24917124
Tinkering is pretty cool though, you could impress lots of people with that.
>>
>>24917176
>Tinkering is pretty cool though, you could impress lots of people with that.

It's cool but I don't really get much chance to tinker. I'm a NEET so I have very limited funding to buy hobby stuff. I enjoy going to flea markets but I haven't had much luck finding stuff to play around with.

i don't even have anyone to impress except my parents.

I just wish I had some autistic friends or an autistic gf to play trains with or play with RC tanks or something.
>>
my attention span is too short to actually have a hobby
in 2015 i've attempted to get into drawing, design websites, produce music with FL, play the keys, play the guitar, literature, screenwriting, and others I probably don't remember

needless to say, I haven't got past entry-level in any of these

after one or two weeks of initial enthusiasm I simply stop giving it as much attention, quit applying myself, feel suicidal for being such a piece of shit and find a new activity
>>
I don't really have any hobbies. I have some activities i occasionally dabble in.

Got more into literature lately, but that's about it.
>>
>>24916796
maybe you should do some mushrooms because that is just terribly bland, like something a woman would draw
>>
I could say reading is a hobby of mine, mostly fiction. I might start writing a bit after I finish this book about character and story design.

The thing is I have to really limit myself when I read. Since i'm a NEET I can just read for hours, days, or even weeks. When I finish a series I come out of it in a daze, and often slip out of focus. I end up losing a lot of time doing it as well. I lost 9 days to web-novel I was reading and I thought it had only been 4 or 5 days.

I'm beginning to prefer television shows and anime, simply because they consume less time, and I don't immerse myself in them as much as I would do casually with a book.
>>
>>24916796

Thank you OP you just remind me to draw
>>
Kind of always wanted to do a webcomic or something in my free time, since I didn't go down the path of have the connections to do mainstream cartoons.

I can't draw to save my fucking life though so anything just remains ideas.
>>
>>24918281
>tfw you want to do comics
>your art is mediocre and you aren't funny at all
You could do what Tim Buckley does, just make a bunch of assets and stick them on top of each other.
>>
>>24917651
>after one or two weeks of initial enthusiasm I simply stop giving it as much attention, quit applying myself, feel suicidal for being such a piece of shit and find a new activity
Same here. I hate that I never get to a point of being good at anything so I have zero talents
>>
>>24918304
Didn't he have the video game schtick to get going though, which itself started off his website or forum or something?

I'd hate to do something like that, where it's "X" media or thing webcomic. Like a "Video Game" or "Sports" webcomic.
>>
>>24918364
You don't need an audience to make a webcomic. If you have fun and like doing it, do it.
Personally, I advise you at least attempt to draw your own comics. You'll only improve and get better. Nobody begins a master.
>>
>>24918410
Thanks for the encouragement, I might look into starting something then.
>>
File: 002.jpg (106 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
106 KB, 600x849
>>24918424
Some more encouragement.
>pic related
This is a page from the One-Punch man webcomic. One of the first pages. If you have a good enough idea, you don't even need good art skills. Of course, being decent at art helps.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.