[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>benzodiazepines are medications commonly used to treat anxiety
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20151211_163503.jpg (94 KB, 1611x961) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151211_163503.jpg
94 KB, 1611x961
>benzodiazepines are medications commonly used to treat anxiety
>side effects of benzos include: anxiety
Redpill me, robots. Is all western medicine nothing more than a Zionist conspiracy?
>>
>>24915933
Xanax is amazing i dont care what they say. Having a bad day pop 2 bars and you are good.
>>
Only the will of the mind can conquer the ails of the mind. Expecting pills alone to solve your problems is nothing more than a foolish dream that people capitalize on for profit.
>>
Benzos never did shit but knock me out... And I hang out with a lot of mental fucks that have the same experience so I don't know.
>>
it's called a paradoxical reaction, most meds have them. bodies are just so different that you can't have a drug that treats everybody so that's why there are so many.
>>
>>24915933
anxiety happens when you're withdrawing from them

Xanax makes me calm as fuck. I was completely lost in a town I didn't know, cold and alone, but I was totally calm.
>>
benzos are sweet but you get hooked easily and when you try to get off them you end up more fucked up then you were before
>>
>>24916028
I was prescribed lorazepam (Ativan) to treat a neck tic. I can't exactly will involuntary movements away.
Still, the idea of using benzos freaks me out a little. I don't usually use prescription drugs.
>>
File: ptofe.jpg (557 KB, 1636x868) Image search: [Google]
ptofe.jpg
557 KB, 1636x868
>>24916033
When you first start on Benzos, they just make you sleepy as fuck. Once you build up a bit of a tolerance, then they start to be more useful. Eventually you'll build up too much tolerance though, and they'll do nothing unless you keep increasing dosage. I wish scientists would find a way to make drugs consistently effective at a steady dosage. Then we could all be doing opiates right now without worrying about liver damage and extreme withdrawals.
>>
>>24915933
Side effects aren't universal. But for the most part, yes.

>>24916028 is right.
>>
It blocks the receptors which causes your body to make more receptors, so if you stop taking them the increased number of receptors cause high amounts of anxiety, and sometimes seizures/death. SAME AS ALCOHOL.
>>
Have you ever had it? I've been on xanax and it zonked my ass and made me retarded. Klonopin is better, but I was switched to wellbutrin briefly. Shit sucked ass so I changed doctors and showed my kpin bottle to get another rx.
>>
people still aren't really sure how the brain works exactly, so the medication that exist is the best we can do at the moment.
however, it is possible that in a hundred years people will be looking at some of these meds in the same way that we look at heroin and cocaine being used as painkillers a hundred years ago
>>
>>24916155
>took low-dose benzo
>masturbated for hours a night, slept for 3-3.5 hours
>for a week straight
>honestly felt pretty good
>wore off after a week
>>
>>24916930

Cocaine is still used today.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.