[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /r9k/ feel about smartphones ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: 1449851499208.png (1 MB, 1276x668) Image search: [Google]
1449851499208.png
1 MB, 1276x668
How does /r9k/ feel about smartphones ?
>>
File: ipad.jpg (23 KB, 427x315) Image search: [Google]
ipad.jpg
23 KB, 427x315
>>24914822
I used to be against them...back in 2009. I had the "phones should be for calling people" mentality.

Then I got my first iphone, and now I can't live without one. Nothing like being able to troll /r9k/ on the go.
>>
if you have an android you're a beta af desu senpai
>>
File: 1441138251414.png (715 KB, 629x758) Image search: [Google]
1441138251414.png
715 KB, 629x758
>>24914822
if they didn't exist, i might have a gf
>>
I honestly feel dumber since Ive gotten one.

Though nothing beats having GPS in your pocket, saved my ass more times than I can count
>>
>>24914822
Some anon described them as "portable dopamine machines".
>>
Got one last year after replacing my 7 year old phone i never used.

Wasn't really missing out, and could easily go with out it.

I guess i just have nothing to use it for. I don't use it as a phone because no friends. I don't use any of the apps or games. I only occasionally browse the net/4chan on it. Essentially just an watch for me.
>>
File: RAZR_V3i.jpg (2 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
RAZR_V3i.jpg
2 MB, 1944x2592
>tfw still using a phone that flips open and has a numberpad
>>
File: Illuminati jew elephant.jpg (82 KB, 822x562) Image search: [Google]
Illuminati jew elephant.jpg
82 KB, 822x562
>>24915633

I prefer the term Portable Light Emitting Beacons or PLEBs. The screens show you to government agents from miles away.
>>
>>24914822
>>24914878
I still fucking hate them. I fucking hate touch screens, God damn it. I miss being able to type shit without needing to stare into a tiny ass screen, pressing little digital buttons that have piss-poor recognition and constantly fuck up. Fuck this gay earth. I BET THE JEWS DID THIS!
>Make shitty little digital keyboard so you're frustrated af with typing long messages
>Uses less bandwidth or takes more of your time
>More shekels for them
The fucking camera on mine can't focus for shit and I haven't even dropped the fucking thing once. It also came right out the box with corrupted internal storage that deleted thousands of images I had saved. I can't even run most applications because of it. Fuck this shit, as soon as I replace it I'm using it for target practice.
>>
>>24914822
I always loved slide out keyboards, so in April I ditched my old 2011 keyboard phone for a touch-screen one. It was honestly a piece of shit. It would freeze during phone calls.

PHONE CALLS.
>"android.application has failed"
>take out battery and try it again

The other day at work I had to make a phone call and it wouldn't work. I went in rage mode and after work I got the rose gold iphone 6s...because I work at best buy anyway. I went full blown white girl but it's really nice. I get up to 60% off phone accessories so that was cool.

I'm not tech retarded because I use my mom's ipad and had my old ipod 4th gen. I had to do away with it because my ex gave it to me with his shitty country music on it.

Personally I hate using my phone no matter how savy it was, I never use it when I'm out because I like being bored. It gives me stuff to think about. I had everything an ipod can give me when I was waiting for two hours for my class to start in college, but I didn't.

P.s apparently the design on the home screen you see everywhere is a betta fish swishing it's tail. When you press the screen it moves, and comes in a few different fish colors.
>>
>>24915931
Needs a Ben Garrison on that one
>>
>>24916101
This. Although i don't massively hate touch screens. I just don't like them on phones. They are too small, or maybe my fingers are too big.
>>
It keeps me sane at work otherwise I would lose it due to boredom
>>
They're pretty good. I don't understand the meme of paying like 30 a month for one though. I have a cheap android and it does pretty much the same as a flagship just not as snappy. Only really use it when I'm in bed or afk.
>>
hate them. annoying to use, full of all kinds of disgusting normie apps, and turn everyone into brainless, directionless normies. as a result of them, people these days can't even tell which way is North without looking at a screen. also, I spend enough time at home on my computer, I have to have at least a little time when I'm actually observing and interacting with the world around me
>>
I only use it for 4chan and browsing the internet at work, or more accurately browsing websites I don't want my coworkers to see.

I kinda regret spending so much money on it but I could never handle peer pressure and felt like I *had* to get one otherwise I was some out of date loser.
>>
Hands down, the greatest phone ever built imo
>>
>>24916320
The meme comes from iphones being overpriced as all hell and people literally having to get financed to get one and keep up with the joneses
>>
>>24915880
I had this one too 8 years ago
>>
>>24914822
wish I could afford a new one
still rockin' an iphone 4s
the battery sucks now and safari on ios9 is slow
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.