[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who's /noactualsleep/ here? I really want to somehow stop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: scho7ped.jpg (185 KB, 1344x1344) Image search: [Google]
scho7ped.jpg
185 KB, 1344x1344
who's /noactualsleep/ here?
I really want to somehow stop sleeping. not because of the time lost, but because of the followinng:
during the day the depression and desperation build up and at some point I stop caring and get into that depressed, but comfortable position, where I come to terms with how bad life is and expect nothing of it..
then sleep comes, and when I wake up it's like I have to go through the cycle all over again, like a kind of mindset-reset which makes me go through the pain of realization once more.

I want to find a way to get the rest I need from sleep without the mindset-reset. Is it possible?
>>
>>24910103
hey OP, ive tried to do this

I usually get around 4 hours of sleep a day, from 8 AM to noon.

My life is shit but its ok because it would be shit even if I did sleep

I wouldnt reccomend this
>>
>>24910129
that won't do I think.. at least when I sleep at night. maybe sleeping during the day would be different?
>>
The fuck?
> he doesn't enjoy the sweet, sweet ten hours of not feeling shitty

> b-but I re-feel shitty the next day

You get numb to it eventually.
>>
>>24910324
Well, I didn't get numb.. I just go through a cycle again. If I'll want not to feel shitty I will just kill myself instead of using the temporary relief of sleep
>>
I think you are getting demented from all that sleep deprivation, considering you posted this exact same thread yesterday
go to bed, ahmed
>>
>>24910411
that can't be, the robot would have spotted that. anyway, I will keep posting till I get an answer
>>
>>24910441
you can't stop sleeping because you would literally die or end up in the looney bin. stop making this shit thread, it's not possible. sleep very few hours and abuse caffeine. you will be number
or just use drugs like a normal person
>>
>>24910511
That won't do, I won't be able to function on 4 hours.
You did not read my question. I don't care about sleeping, I just don't want the mind-reset that comes afterwards
>>
>>24910535
>I just don't want the mind-reset that comes afterwards
well, tough shit, lad. that reset is literally the point of sleeping. your thalamus shuts out the world and lets your brain "regenerate". that numb feeling is your brain getting tired and overloaded from all the external stimuli. or at least this is our best theory
as I said, sleep very little, like 4 hours to evade the REM phase and take like 500mgs of caffeine to stay awake during the day. I can function on 4 hours of sleep for a really long time
>>
>>24910643
>and take like 500mgs of caffeine to stay awake during the day
is that really sustainable for a lifetime?
>>
Adrafinil is a prodrug for modafinil, but it is genetic if you respond to it or not, which REALLY REALLY sucks.
>>
>>24910789
Also forgot: cyproheptadine increases the intensity of sleep.
>>
>>24910324
It dosen't feel like ten hours. More like ten seconds
>>
>>24910753
not really. well, depends on the length of your life. I have to take 1000mgs every day to stay awake now. I usually do this for a few months, then come off of it for weeks. and start the cycle again.
>>24910789
yeah, adrafinil can be good, but it's a lot riskier and even more addictive than caffeine. I take it like once a week.
>>
>>24910789
So I gather it's not illegal? strange
>>
>>24911044
yes, it's legal and modafinil is not. it's retarded. adrafinil is also toxic for your liver. you order it from the internet. powder city is a good site for that.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.