[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /r9k/ think of Resident Evil 4?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9
File: resident evil 4.jpg (495 KB, 851x1212) Image search: [Google]
resident evil 4.jpg
495 KB, 851x1212
What does /r9k/ think of Resident Evil 4?
>>
controls on console are awful
>>
Played through it four or five times. First on the GameCube and then on the PC some months ago where I did a no damage professional run (with the help of a video playthrough). Not that difficult, but goes to show how skill-based the game is.
>>
>>24910092
good game. spent my middle school years on it
>>
>>24910147
>why can't I shoot and run?
>this isn't like Call of Duty at all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dbR2JZmlWo
>>
>>24910147
pretty good with the wii-mote
>>
>>24910092
Greatest 2nd gen console game ever made.
>>
prefer RE3 or RE1
>>
>>24910092
Remake did horror better
5 did action better

4 just kind of sits in the middle. Also the camera is god awful.
>>
>>24910092
It's weird how enemies will sprint towards you and them slowly shamble the last few feet. I never got over that.

Also i liked the feel of the older games better.
>>
>>24910147
Wii>PC>HD>GC>PS2
>>
I found it fairly average. Anything after the village isn't very horror like until you get locked into the room with the regenerator then after that it is back to being an action game. Thing is there are other 3rd person shooters that you can get better action from.

Also /v/ loves to excuse its terrible implication of QTE's. There are many of them that are "press this/these/jam this to not die" sequences, especially that one right in the middle of a cut scene. They bitch about it with other games but say it is done well in RE4 when it is done worse than some game that they like to complain about such as God of War since I cannot think of a single QTE that will instantly kill you in that game unlike RE4, and that there are just a few of them that you HAVE to do unlike RE4.
>>
>>24910092
zombie games scare me ;~;
>>
Best game ever made.

Did a Professional pistols-only run with my buddy in uni. Good times.
>>
not that bad yet quick action events are fucking cancer...
fucked up controls do not help (played it on pc) but I managed to finish all the mods so I guess it was not that bad after all.
also I like ada so bonus points for re4.
too bad it is not t-virus zombie fest anymore.
>>24912288
there are no zombies
>>
This is the game that killed RE
>>
>>24910092
It's ok but it's not the same as the first 3 games.
>>
>>24913543
scary games scare me.
even games that aren't meant to be scary like that old RTS Small Soldiers game. It's usually the music/atmosphere mostly h-honest
>>
Resident evil 1 was the best of the series!
>>
File: phelps subway2.png (486 KB, 636x426) Image search: [Google]
phelps subway2.png
486 KB, 636x426
>>24910092
The first ORIGINAL resident evil was the best, once they started numbering them out they all became shit.

But I think this way for all games. The first game they make is the absolute greatest, but then when they start saying "XXX game 2" or "XXX game 3 : revenge of the game"

Then that is when games start to suck, so Resident Evil 2-?? are horrible games, but Resident Evil 1 was the best
>>
>>24910092
I got the chainsaw controller.
>>
The point where the series went to shit, loved by underage /v/edditors
>>
Other than with the qte's I really don't get the hate for this game.

>not survival horror
It's not survival if your really good but is any game survival if you are an what is "horror" is realities to individuals.

>bad controls
Not bad just weird. Re1 controlled pretty weird at the time to.

That's all the it's bad arguments I've seen thus far other than "uhhng it's not re1!"
>>
>>24910092
the best one in the series by far, i have no idea why they didn't just make this kind of game again instead of fucking up by casualizing it with 5. it was destined for greatness but i dont know what happened.
>>
del lago / 10
>>
>>24911105
You didn't think the wolves in the garden was scary (castle level)?

What about the sacrifice rooms and the garradors in the castle?
>>
2 and 4 are my favorite games in the series
Both have Leon

Coincidence? I think not.
>>
>>24915273
5 wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. Mostly thanks to FUCKING SHEVA AND HER PIECE OF SHIT HEALTH USIN AMMO WASTIN GETTING KILLED AI
>>
>>24915345
This /thread

Fuck you robot let me shitpost in peace you asshole
>>
>>24915391
>driving around on pontoon boat
>just taking potshots at nothing

Had to go into the inventory and remove all her ammo then give it back when we got to shore
>>
>>24915550
One of the reasons I really liked 6. The AI partner used "companion ammo" and couldn't get killed and give a game over

Inb4 it's worst game ever, I get why people hated this Michael bay explosion fest. It was a good game but a shitty Resident Evil
>>
>>24910092
RE4 and REmake are probably my favourites now out of the whole series. Can't wait for Zero though.
>>
>>24915798
You fought a TRex, they really ran out of ideas with that one
>>
>>24915835
I'm too much of a casual for REmake, crimson heads keep fucking me up
>>
>>24910092
Easily in the top five of my favorite games.
>>
>>24915872
Yeah shit could be generic or stupid sometimes but the adventure was a lot of fun
>>
One of the best game series out there that just never gets old. Then they went full retard and made it into a below average mindless shooter with a fucking shit camera and just completely throws the plot of the last 3 games into the dumpster.
>>
>>24915391
>Mostly thanks to FUCKING SHEVA AND HER PIECE OF SHIT HEALTH USIN AMMO WASTIN GETTING KILLED AI
stun stick, son
stun. stick.
>>
i would listen to king diamond and play re4 when i was young

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f50l1KXwhpI
>>
Good game but it drags on a bit too long.
>>
>>24917447
Personally I like that I hate it when a game is short
>>
>>24917447
Too long? I was always underwhelmed by the length of the game. I was doing 6 hours runs when I was bored back in the day.
I like that you can take your time to figure out how to get treasures and hidden stuff, though.
>>
so much love for the whole castle part
>tfw when you enter the castle you stealthily kill those guys before they can launch their bombs

also
using minedarts are so much fun and underrated.
i used the all the way through my first playthrough
>>
8.5/10

>Doesn't have retarded plotlines like previous RE
>literally just rescue the presidents daughter
>shoot guys and bosses and shit with assortment of guns
>rearrange suitcase so you got all yo shit
>Fun segments like train rides etc
>Solid gameplay and environment
>Share insults with a 30 year old midget kid
>fuck up his right hand
>blow up saddler
>bone the presidents daughter and the lady on the codec

The only negatives really were the stupid quick time event bullshit they added in.

DODGE THIS KNIF---YOU'RE DEAD
>>
File: 101204_1055.jpg (51 KB, 300x201) Image search: [Google]
101204_1055.jpg
51 KB, 300x201
>>24917600
i think they launched em with medieval artillery, called ballistas
>>
File: Cultist_(Scythe).jpg (519 KB, 1400x2000) Image search: [Google]
Cultist_(Scythe).jpg
519 KB, 1400x2000
>>24910092
muere muere muere..
>>
>>24917822
I see this picture, remember those lines and I realize they're just retards. Leon went and slaughtered hundreds of retards
>>
>>24910092
the game becomes pretty boring after you unlock the chicago typewriter
>>
It was the last good RE game, and my personal favorite. Mainly because it didn't have the godawful tank controls of 1-3.
>>
>>24917980
the tank controls made it extra spooky with the calculated camera angles tho, thats why those were soooo good for others
>>
>>24914585
this, old games always give out an eerie feeling
>>
>>24917447
I don't think the entire game drags but I find the island pretty tedious at the beginning
>>
File: 1448911481771.png (156 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
1448911481771.png
156 KB, 270x270
>seeing a Regenerator for the first time
>>
File: L._Hawk.jpg (39 KB, 601x424) Image search: [Google]
L._Hawk.jpg
39 KB, 601x424
resident evil 5 wasn't so bad, at least it had licensed weapons
>>
Haven't played it in almost 10 years. It was a great game.
>>
>>24915242
>it's not survival if your really good
>if you are an what is "horror" is realities to individuals.
Jesus Christ, you remind me of one faggot on /v/ who said "the original Resident Evil isn't survival horror" as he was trying to defend this abortion in the same idiotic manner you are.
Your argument is literally "uhhng but those wonrds mean wat i fink it means not wat u fink!" piss off and learn how to fucking spell you idiot
>>
File: 1365604900412.png (240 KB, 435x419) Image search: [Google]
1365604900412.png
240 KB, 435x419
>it's a quicktime event
>it's a Krauser cut scene
>>
>>24910356
this, enjoyed it on the cube but the 'mote made it great.
>>
>>24917822
lmao @ that face
>>
>>24917924
That's why you new game instead of new game+.
>>
>>24910356
It's not it makes it too easy, PC version with a controller is the best version.
>>
>>24910092
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpinHh_XoFs
>>
>>24919105
Wow triggered much, if you got that upset over a 4chan post, on r9k nonetheless, you are the fucking idiot.

Also calling resident evil 4 an abortion is stupid.
>>
>>24919105
And as far as the spelling goes I was just to lazy to undo autocorrects "corrections".
>>
File: 1365699640244.jpg (148 KB, 372x327) Image search: [Google]
1365699640244.jpg
148 KB, 372x327
Claire is best girl.
>>
Last good game in the series before it went full-retard.
>>
So one thing I never understood is the infected militia? Were they like actual military from spain that were infected or were they just more cultists?

Where in spain was it too?
>>
File: LeonKennedy-1.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
LeonKennedy-1.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
>>24922921

I always guessed they were just ganados/cultists in an ad-hoc militia for
Ashley's protection. Saddler must have known that after having kidnapped the US president's daughter SOMEONE was going to come and knock on his door.

Also the militia was stationed closest to the area wear Ashley was originally being held/dosed with the plagas. Why they moved her to the church is anyone's guess.

Also RE4 is based if you disagree you're wrong
>>
>>24922921
I imagine it's like that movie the faculty/invasion of the body snatchers, they were slowly all being made into infected ganados.
>>
Must've played through it 10+ times. Fun game.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.