[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with anhedonia?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
This is the worst symptom anyone could ever experience. I'm not even depressed anymore, i just don't feel anything. No emotions.

I've lost all interest in everything, i feel no pleasure, joy or stimulation in any activity despite how much i try. For example, playing video games, listening to music and watching anime and other series does absolutely nothing for me anymore. I've lost the ability to love and care for others, including my family. I feel no remorse or empathy either, i'm completely fucked up in the head now.

I have tried several drugs: Lexapro, Effexor, Seroquel, Abilify, Zoloft, Wellbutrin and Lamictal.

I feel like i'm left with these options:
- Keep looking for drugs to try
- Resort to illegal drugs, if no legal drugs work
- Do nothing and wait it out, i see some people come out of their anhedonia after a while. But that can take years.
- Commit suicide

I've already tried to commit suicide once because of this, will probably try again. I can't live like this, fuck.
>>
File: kindness-1.jpg (448 KB, 1000x687) Image search: [Google]
kindness-1.jpg
448 KB, 1000x687
>>24909953
Jesus can help you senpai
>>
>>24909953
This sounds fucking terrifying, in your shoes I'd just end it, no joke, shitpost or anything.
Why the fuck live if you literally cannot be happy?
>>
>>24909953
LSD desu senpai
>>
>- Keep looking for drugs to try

Im just going to go and assume you're already a druggie at this point, so heres an advice for you genius

Quit all drugs, quit all pills, go cold turkey and if you really have to, drink yourself to a coma once or twice a week max.

As a former suicidal junkie I can guarantee you drugs only make it worse, remember all the problems are just in your head, in your case you shouldnt have any problems though, so theres that cupcake

after that awful shitty boring first month of being sober things should start looking up, and if you happen to relapse oh well, one faggot less

Godspeed
>>
File: 1437945395534.jpg (23 KB, 370x370) Image search: [Google]
1437945395534.jpg
23 KB, 370x370
Take your blogpost and really kill yourself.
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 199x195) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 199x195
>>24910127

Thanks for the laugh, i really needed that today! <3

~ OP
>>
>>24909953
I've had anhedonia for years (schizophrenia, depression, schizoid). Its terrible and I feel for you. Seroquel worked a bit and do did zoloft.

Its almost at a stage now where I stare at the ceiling the whole day since that gives me just as much satisfaction as anything else.

I recommend vipassana meditation to cope with the condition.

Good luck.
>>
File: Rare_pepe.jpg (26 KB, 591x517) Image search: [Google]
Rare_pepe.jpg
26 KB, 591x517
>>24909953
The never-ending circle. You don't feel anything -> you try to kill yourself because nothing to fight for -> you fail -> you are depressed -> you lose your feelings again. Living the dream.
>>
>>24909953
>want to make this my bg
>no hires version

ree
>>
>>24909953
No drugs ever work. You watch as your life passes by next to you. Empty, calm observer. You try to do something but nothing works for so long that you just give up. The only thing you can do is hope that you will be able to at least get up from bed and do something daily, to survive.
>>
>>24909953
I've been like this for most of this year. The only reason I'm alive is hope that it'll end. I've also tried most of the prescriptions you listed and none of them helped in terms of enjoying experiences and activities I've also been exercising as everyone recommends it, and helps as a distraction.
>>
>>24909953
The monoamine hypothesis is probable false and antidepressants only work slightly better than placebo in double blind trials (note the side effects could have reduced the whole 'blind' part of this, which means even the low numbers associated with an increase in effect over placebo are higher than they should be)
The only med that could possible help with your anhedonia is a dopaminergic psychostimulant, which is hard to get if you haven't convinced your doc that you're ADD.Even if you do manage to get amphetamines, there are a lot of downsides, and it is not very sustainable. You should probably just give up on psychiatry.

psychedelics and disassociatives are currently being researched for their therapeutic effects.
Ketamine has been shown to be clinically effective for depression.
LSD and pscilocin could also be useful for restoring meaning back to life, they also have been shown to decrease depressive symptoms

Don't overlook the simple things like diet and exercise, they're much more effective than any serotonergic or norepenephric antidepressant
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.