[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shut-in/Loner Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 3UWbcYG.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
3UWbcYG.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
I have no friends and the semester is about to end. I really don't want to disappoint my parents again by being the shut-in I am (I'm over 18) but I have no one to ring up. I'm legitimately considering just lying to my parents and bouncing around coffee shops for 3'ish hours every other day and lying to my parents that I'm going to friends. Is there a better way? They really want more for me and I want to do better but idk how to do better cause I've got no one.
>>
>>24908980
I'll bump myself once and then let this die.
>>
>>24908980
Fuck it. Why appease your parents at all?
>>
Jesus christ I have 1 friend and live with my parents and they don't give a fuck

Who gives a fuck
>>
I have no friends too, my parents dont really care. As long as youre not depressed thats ok
>>
Do things that require group effort. Easy way to make acquaintances.
>>
>>24908980
Go to a psychiatrist and try to get benzos. They won't give you any because they don't want you to get better but if you keep telling them the other meds don't work you'll get some.
>>
Whoa hey responses. Cool.
>>24909520
Because they support me and I genuinely feel indebted to do good by them.
>>24909624
They do. They always plead with me to be more social, that it hurts them to see me be a loner.
>>24909714
I have to fix this though so even though I'm fine with it, I gotta do something.
>>24909750
Like what?
>>24909771
I'll... maybe keep that in mind as a backup strat, thanks.
>>
>>24908980
Keep the lie intact. The moment you tell the truth you'll be kicked out and homeless. Lies make the world go around.
>>
Take some fun classes during your break?
Martial arts, painting...something

Or get a job
>>
>>24909937
But is there anyway to like, make people magically appear to socialize with to get the parents off my ass without having to lie about it, cause I'm not huge on the idea of creeping in coffeeshops but I'll do what I have to.
>>24909974
I have a job and go to the gym... they're kind of not crediting work/hobbies as having real friends. Idk maybe I'm just fucked.
>>
>>24909999
>Idk maybe I'm just fucked
It's time to move out of your parents' house
>>
>>24910023
Maybe but it's just like, I could put off doing that and continue to put money into my savings/IRA, living alone doesn't seem smart financially when this set-up is working just fine besides them thinking that I'm a deeply flawed human being for not having friends and constantly talking about it.
>>
>>24908980
why not just be a shut-in? I don't understand why that's somehow a "problem"
>>
>>24908980
What area are you in op? Since I moved to college I have no robot friends.

I go to university of iowa
>>
File: image.jpg (576 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
576 KB, 1920x1200
>>24909999
Checked those quads
>>
worst part of the robot is I can't tell people to

just be yourself
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.