[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many psychologists/therapists/councillor s/psychiatrists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: therapist-couch.jpg (67 KB, 1020x689) Image search: [Google]
therapist-couch.jpg
67 KB, 1020x689
How many psychologists/therapists/councillors/psychiatrists have helped their patients by taking them out on an activity?

What advice do they give us robots? Get more exercise? Try and find a job? Drink more fluids and get more sleep?

None of that shit works in real life. What robots need are friends and companions. But professionals never, ever, ever bring up your crippling isolation. You know why? Because they legitimately believe they are alone too and they are also experiencing "loneliness". Even though they have wives, children and friends and family of their own.

Or is it they don't even understand the concept of social isolation? Are they so removed from pain that their thought process does not even register what being alone is like?
>>
Mine told me I have to trust people more.

I have fucking paranoid personality disorder, I CAN'T trust people, you're here to HELP me trust people. Fucking useless.
>>
>>24903042
>psychologists/therapists/councillors/psychiatrist
>helped
Pick one.
>>
>>24903042
If you actually want friends and companions, and don't prefer being alone, you aren't a real robot.

I can see wanting a hypothetical waifu-type girl, but seeking out contact with and trusting real people is just silly.
>>
Psychology is a a pseudoscience which has a facade of respectability and underneath is a malicious agenda. They take your money and don't do shit. It's, in short, the perfect occupation for a Jew.
>>
>>24903357
Thread over and done.
>>
>>24903042
I went from turbo autist to normie just by talking to a schoom therapist after beating the shit out of another kid. It's just the "people won't accept you as you are, you have to change" and that's it
>>
I'm sure if I talked to a therapist about my pedophile fantasies, that he'd help me a ton. I'm sure he wouldn't lock me up even though I've never done and will never do anything harmful to a child.
>>
>>24903404
Pedophile like 14 and 15, or like 4 and 5?
>>
>>24903435
8-9 and up.
>>
>>24903452
If you know you'll never act on the urges, then why do they bother you?

Everyone has some kind of controversial opinion.
>>
>>24903452
kill yourself... The only solution and you know it.
>>
>>24903495
Because those urges still exist. I know I'll never act upon them because I have self-control, but I can't resist wanking once or twice thinking about it or over a picture of a little girl. And it disgusts me. But I know I can't speak to anyone about it because I'd be treated like a criminal even though I've done nothing wrong and I'm fucked up in the head.
>>
>>24903560
Are you attracted to adult women too?

You could find a 25 year old girlfriend that looks like she's 15.
>>
>>24903042
Mine take me out for coffee, or go on walks with me while we talk. Just ask to do shit and they probably will.
>>
>>24903607
Yeah I am. As long as they're not really old, it's all fair game.
>>
File: 14472330322530.jpg (108 KB, 772x807) Image search: [Google]
14472330322530.jpg
108 KB, 772x807
>>24903404
>I'm sure if I talked to a therapist about my pedophile fantasies, that he'd help me a ton.
Heh, I actually used to know a guy who did that, and now he's dead, because his doc reported him to the police and they put him on the sex offenders list. After his secret was revealed, he killed himself.
Ordinary psychologists/therapists are not your friends, anon. I know this is gonna sound like "look at me im special and i have special problems!", but they mostly deal with your typical normie shit like "boohoo doc my gf left me i dont think i can live without her". If you want actual help, I recommend looking for someone that specifies in the field you're interested in. Or just don't visit any psuchiatrists, that's by far the safest option for you.
>>
>>24903628
So then find an adult girlfriend.

That would probably help you, especially if you're a virgin.
>>
>>24903642
Yeah I know, I'm not stepping foot inside one of their offices. It's all BS anyway, never took something so subjective like psychology seriously.
>>
Find a good priest and talk to them instead of shelling out money for some therapist when it's not really in their interest for you to get better.

Seriously anons, priests are bound to confidentiality, many of them have dedicated counselling training, and if they're a good one they'll listen to you even if you're quite openly non-Christian and actually try to help.
>>
>>24903720
Do you actually make an appointment with them like with a therapist?
>>
>>24903720
>a good priest
No such thing.
>>
File: 1385732737324.png (32 KB, 238x220) Image search: [Google]
1385732737324.png
32 KB, 238x220
>>24903830
Well at least they're not this guy, by definition.
>>
File: you irl.jpg (63 KB, 650x367) Image search: [Google]
you irl.jpg
63 KB, 650x367
>>24903825
Nah, just ask if you can talk to them informally. I stress that they must be a GOOD priest - you can usually get a rough idea by listening to a sermon if they're a decent, intelligent human being or a frothing idiot.

>>24903830
pic related, friendo
>>
>>24903937
Any particular denomination?
>>
>>24903962
Catholic or CoE is your best bet, prefer CoE myself.

Avoid Pentecostal/Evangelical pastors like the fucking plague. 90% of them are mentally ill, I swear.
>>
>>24904028
What's CoE? Church of the East? That's a branch of Orthodox, right?

And yeah, I know that low Protestant denominations like Pentecostal and Baptist are usually nuts.
>>
>>24904051
Church of England: aka Catholicism-Lite
>>
>>24904067
Oh.

Here in the states it's Episcopalian. Same thing, except no allegiance to the queen.

I'm not religious at all, but even the educated Protestant denominations turn me off because they've given in to societal pressure and accepted women and homosexuals.

Even the Catholic Church is starting to capitulate.

I've always been most sympathetic to Orthodox, especially considering all they've been through in Europe, and what they're going through in the Middle East as we post. They seem to be the least degenerate.
>>
>>24903860
>>24903937
I've been to many churches and they're all the same.

The pastor is bitchpussywhipped with a collar and chain held by his wife. The women dominate the entire thing. Single young men are at first "welcomed" by everyone but then they leave you alone and things start to get real cliquey. You get rejected, mainly due to the women sizing up if you'd be a good fuck or not and then report to their minions that that creepy loser loner over in the corner shouldn't be here. Where then the men try everything in their power to coerce you to leave. The whole church is full of gossips and busybodys, they interject themselves in every conversation. Pastors when you get them alone give you platitudes and their own outlook but they don't come down to your level. You can't recieve real sympathy from them unless you see them every sunday. If you see them more than this they will get annoyed at you and the conversation will become even more platitudey.
>>
I've been a few times to a guy that was reasonable.

He didn't take me out or anything like that, only talked. He was also VERY insistent on getting his money.

I don't think you can expect all that much from psychologists/etc, one of the few ways in which it helped was having someone to talk to, being 'forced' to go out of the house and actually go somewhere once a week, and putting a bit more attention on my issues.

One thing I noticed is that he tried to make the first few sessions about "telling my story" and "getting to know me", I guess that's important and relevant but it just seemed like a lot was filler, he also seemed to talk v e r y s l o w l y. Then he had me report on how I felt throughout the week. I think this is common, they give you some basic "homework" of reporting back to them your feels to identify what's triggering what.

My worst experiences were with women. I've met some seemingly bright girls on 7cups (a swedish girl in particular was pretty good), but in real life all the female psychologists I've been to were clueless, crazy former roasties who couldn't help me and didn't care about anything but their money.

My advice would be look for a guy who's actually got experience with CBT (the most grounded, rational approach basically) and who actually has a passion for it.
>>
>>24904140
Catholic priests can't marry.

I'm not sure if Orthodox priests can, but I imagine that Russian/Serbian/Middle Eastern men are far from pussy whipped.
>>
>>24904201
Catholic churches are always shut. And if they're not the priest is in the back fapping to CP and getting high off frankincense.
>>
>>24903340
>le "you aren't a real robot" meme
>>
>>24903357
Just passing by for tell this guy is right and to get dubs.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.