[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw sperg out in every social situation How do normies do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: fuckthisshit.jpg (63 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
fuckthisshit.jpg
63 KB, 633x758
>tfw sperg out in every social situation
How do normies do it?
Not enough people wanted to talk to me growing up so I never got much practice and even today I rarely get opportunities to practice and when I do I end up saying something pessimistic
>>
>>24902387
I know that feel too well anon ;__;
You aint alone on this
I still remember when things were easier and I can speak what's on my mind and such
People liked me then and said I was funny (i dunno if its bc i was a kid or i was genuinely funny, i think the latter)
I think theyre just practiced
>>
>>24902387
>Go to pick up some nerdy shit
>Walk up to cashier
>"Hey, do you want a receipt with that?"
>Stutter for a few seconds
>Quietly stammer "y-y-yes p-please"
>"Sorry, what did you say?"
>Sweat profusely
>"Y-yes please"
>Looks at me weirdly
>Run home as fast as possible
>>
>>24902744
>>Run home as fast as possible
I know this man
>Come to school
>Get anxious
>Skip everything and go home
>>
>>24902387
iktfb

I can only use the kitchen when nobody else is there or I'll have to go through awkward small talk with a bunch of normies who clearly want me to fuck off.

Knew I should've saved up for a studio flat.
>>
>>24902824
>or I'll have to go through awkward small talk with a bunch of normies who clearly want me to fuck off.
fuckkk
i dont give a fuck about them and i know they dont give a fuck about me. but the whole thing is too damn stressful man. its hard to not give a fuck when you actually dont give a fuck, you know?
>>
File: 1417343644169.jpg (45 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1417343644169.jpg
45 KB, 300x300
>>24902744

>walk away quickly
>"sir you forgot your change"
>suicide internally
>>
Just keep acting.

Boot up some episodes of The Office (US) and learn every weird facial expression Jim or Ryan uses. Practice them.

Now in social situations, use them accordingly. I barely have to talk anymore. I just kind of listen to people and react to them.

Ohhhkay. Thaaaaats weird. Really? Huh.. Mmmmm...

^ if you can say that basic shit with the according facial reaction, people will generally keep talking to you, meaning you're doing something right.
>>
>>24902897
In terms of quality of advice, this is slightly below "pretend you're thinking of shooting the school up so normies are scared into liking you".
>>
>>24902835
Yeah. Kinda wish I could just say "we don't give a fuck about each other, it's cool" and not worry about having to pretend to look like I care enough to pretend.
>>
Practice talking to waiters and cashiers... short conversations that are directly to thr point. Then work ur way up
>>
>>24902387
Bleh fine. I was looking for a new thread to watch.

You want to know how "normies" do it?

They make a social mistake (and sure they might get laughed at) and watch - did it kill me? no? move on ... continue on at same level.

Its as simple as that. After high school, if you have even some modicum of how social interaction works, you will realize social standings and even standards exist in multi layer and not just the delusional layer that exists in a robot brain.
>>
This. I don't have any real advice I....just wanted to pop my head in. Hi anon.
>>
>>24903232
>did it kill me?

Heroin won't kill you for the first 100 times you take it, fucking retarded cancernigger normie cuntfucking trashcan russian shit
>>
>>24902387

I'm an old fuck

I know this feel VERY well

all you can do it brave yourself up to practice and give no fucks, otherwise you'll ALWAYS be like this
>>
>>24903294
yeah calm your retarded farm and spew your aspergers shit on your own shoes.

you asked for it, you got it. if you can't handle life. kill yourself. or don't, why would i give a flying fuck. chances are you would doing someone favor though so think about it... deeply.
>>
>>24903355

what third world country you from senpai
>>
File: 1443136827332.jpg (52 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
1443136827332.jpg
52 KB, 514x536
>>24902387
>>24902525
>>24902744
>>24902796
>>24902824
>>24902835
>>24902858
>>24902897
>>24903180
>>24903180

Dear god, how do you people get so awkwardly autistic?
/r9k/'s views and this kind of posts really make me think that y'all really are egocentrical to insane levels.
Seriously who the fuck thinks they're so important that people are constantly on the watch for their fuck-ups and then spend the day thinking back about them and how good it was to see them fail?
You're not a Frank Underwood-level mastermind living surrounded by enemies ready to have your head at the slightest sign of weakness, you're an idiot who dropped his change after buying a pack of oreos at the supermarket.

>>24903232
This is all there is to it robots: normal people just fuck-up, do something retarded/stupid, laugh about it and accept that people find it funny/stupid too then learn from it and proceed to carry the fuck on because who cares apart from you?
>>
>>24903527
It actually goes really well in my head beforehand anon. Then Im in the situation and my heart starts to pound uncontrollably and I sweat.
>>
>>24903355
>you asked for it, you got it.

I didn't, that was my first post you fucking normalkek garbage retard moron
>>
>>24903527
>Seriously who the fuck thinks they're so important that people are constantly on the watch for their fuck-ups and then spend the day thinking back about them and how good it was to see them fail?

Nobody thinks like this (I hope). The way social anxiety works is that you have an irrational fear that people are watching and judging what you do in front of them in a negative manner. It has nothing to do with logic or thinking that you're an important person. There's very little thought behind it. It's just an instinctual feeling of fear. Even if you feel completely fine and calm beforehand, the fear can grip you suddenly just because there are other people around.
>>
>>24903527
>nobody cares

anon, it's really obvious that people care if you make a mistake. You care, and if you didn't, you wouldn't put so much effort into replying.

>accept that people find it funny
I should accept being laughed at. That isn't healthy anon. . it isn't healthy to enjoy being mocked..

>who cares apart from you
that's the problem. nobody cares and It hurts anon
>>
>enjoy your food
>you too
FUCK
>>
>>24903355
>kill yourself
yeah coz that worked so well for you
>>
>>24903683
In that case I'm sorry for you anon, it must really suck.
Try seeking health care/treatment?
The point on which we agree though and that many robots who may or may not be genuinely suffering from the same condition as you usually deny is that it's something you do to yourself.
>>
>>24903994
Nobody gives a fuck you Reddit slime
>>
>>24903683
This!
I do really well in social situations, have a gf, had quite the amount of chicks, held political speeches etc. but whenever the social situation ends I start reevaluating my day and start getting anxious and remember every situation I prolly fucked up.
Hell, if I do weed this feeling gets even stronger from time to time.
This all started when I was a kid, I hid myself behind irony and sarcasm and whenever I did something I started to think how I can explain it afterqards so I am on the best side and get whatever I want.

Social anxiety fear often isn't there for days if I am constantly surrounded by people but the moment I am alone the fear comes crushing down and every little bit of fun and happiness is gone.
>>
>>24903992
God you're one of the frustrating ones, people in general don't care as in "It's something my whole being/mind is about in an obsessive/crippling way" it's just a situational/topical thing.
Like this is a thread where we're discussing such thing, that's why I'm replying, I'll probably have forgotten about it in an hour, same thing for your second point it's not about "enjoying being mocked", it's just a "see something funny -> laugh/enjoy it -> carry on" thing.
Not caring is certainly the normal/healthy way to deal with it, but you have little choice in accepting it or not.
It's not even directing most of the mockery at you as a particular individual most of the time, it's "haha he dropped his change, man that sucks when that happen, oh he missed a coin, god remember last time it happened to me".
And if you're not spergy about it you just smile/laugh back because that's an experience that everybody can relate to.
Jesus I can't believe I have to explain all that.
>>
File: whatthefug.png (10 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
whatthefug.png
10 KB, 211x246
>says he sucks in social situation
>chat with people just fine on 4chan
>>
>>24904232
Here I can spend 15 minutes on a 10 word post, carefully considering the optimal choice of words.
>>
>>24904651
At least you eventually submit your comments. If I think too much I end up not hitting the Post button at all because I'm afraid of what people would think of me.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.