[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
college housing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: thinkingman.jpg (87 KB, 328x284) Image search: [Google]
thinkingman.jpg
87 KB, 328x284
Should I take a dorm room where I'll have a roommate and pay $2860 but it's closer to classes and in a dorm related to my major, or should I pay $4960 for my own bedroom with a bathroom/shower, but is farther away from classes. laundry cost is also included.

I've had roommates and they 9/10 times suck but I'm not sure if paying $2000 to be farther away from my classe is too cool. Are college showers and toilets that disgusting that it'd be worth it or what? Will I miss the college experience(tm)?
>>
>>24902307
>those prices
What the actual fuck? I'm paying 500 for room, power, water, laundry and basic food on my dorm

Anyway, I can only talk from my experience: if you have never lived by yourself, its really hard to survive in a flat

About dorms, first stuff i can think of: college students arent teenage troglodytes, they don't shit on the shower and all that. You'll find the usual suspicious hair or urine stain but that's all. It's especially noisy, you'll also probably have to share band width. High school dramas still persist. If you are not too social, don't go to a dorm. I regret it every day
>>
>>24902639
I will say, the dorm room is in one of the upper classman buildings so i think it'd be more older people who just want to get their shit done and hang out with who they know. My grandma would shit a brick if I spent $2000 more just to get my own room with bathroom/shower, though.
>>
>>24902689
>grandma
she's paying for everything, by the way.
>>
>>24902307
>$2860 but it's closer to classes and in a dorm related to my major, or should I pay $4960 for my own bedroom with a bathroom/shower

>living in jew york or san fagsisco
>>
>>24902762
It's Penn State.
>>
bumping for pls fucking help me I'm a NEET and don't know if I could do roommates again.
>>
>>24902307
never EVER live with people, unless they are extensively pre-vetted and you really feel like you need the human interaction. and that really should only be a desperation move

>>24902639
>>24902762
it's not per fucking month you dangos
>>
>>24902307
Get off campus housing
>>
>>24903186
can't for my first semester.
>>
File: possiblenormie.png (219 KB, 288x517) Image search: [Google]
possiblenormie.png
219 KB, 288x517
>>24903140
pic related is him. is he too normie? he has a picture of him in a lamborghini which seems normie to me.
>>
>>24903246
i mean he's going to be a normie, realistically. my impression is that you really should never live with someone you don't know well. I happened to get lucky with my roommate my freshman year, but I know some people who got terrible roommates. If you're the type of person who doesn't go out of his way to make friends, and you want friends, it might be worth it for the small chance that you get along and he can increase the number of people you come in to contact with.
It's difficult to tell you what to do
>>
>>24903246
I'm so sick of every rich person getting a better hairline than me too
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.