[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you just move to a country where you can live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 1
File: Warsaw-Town-Square-Architecture.jpg (226 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Warsaw-Town-Square-Architecture.jpg
226 KB, 1200x800
Why don't you just move to a country where you can live like a king for less than 1k/month and just have fun instead of working or NEETing it up in an expensive country like the US/UK, /r9k/? Wouldn't it be nice not to have to worry about money and be able to pursue your interests in a culturally rich environment without that many trappings of the neoliberal west?
>>
>>24901779
You'd need a way to get the money.

Also there's a lot of stuff you'd need to worry about in developing countries like crazy drivers, unclean food, blackouts, war breaking out, etc.
>>
>>24901802
Don't people from rich countries get NEETbux?

And you really don't have to worry about any of that at all unless you go to Congo.
>>
Well, /r9k/? Have you never even explored this possibility?
>>
You can't just pick up and move to a different country.

You need to have a Master's or PhD or something of value to offer.

I don't.
>>
>>24901888
Yeah, but you only get the NEETbux if you're in your country, genius.

And literally any country that isn't the US/Can/Western Europe/Australia has crazy drivers, and most of Latin America and Asia will have lower standards of healthcare, construction, and food.
>>
>>24902435
Haha where did you get that from? That's only applicable if you want to go from a poor country to the US/UK.
>>
>>24902435
Not necessarily true. You can go to really shitty southeast Asian countries or parts of China and teach English illegally or semi-legally.
>>
>>24902435
>>24902500
But for the most part you're right, it's not easy.

>>24902475
You need to worry about visas and shit. Even developing countries won't just let you bum around without any job.
>>
>>24902500
Why would you work? You only need about $500/month in those, and I'm sure you can save up that much in your own country? Collect NEETbux for 6 months, live for two years, repeat.
>>
>>24902522
>Even developing countries won't just let you bum around without any job.
Absolute bullshit, almost all countries life is comfortable in have either a business investment visa, or an infinitely renewable tourist visa, or a retirement visa, or similar.
>>
>>24902532
At that point, why bother going to some dirty shithole with unreliable internet, garbage in the streets, etc.? Why not just stay in your comfy rich country? Yeah, you can "live like a king" in a poor shithole, but you're still in a poor shithole.

>>24902552
If you want to afford to stay, you have to work, and getting a working visa is hard.
>>
>>24902638
>Why not just stay in your comfy rich country?
Because it's not comfy for the underclass and everything costs 10 times as much? You get the exact same apartment for $100 in one country and for $1000 in another.
>you have to work
>what are savings
>>
>>24902655
The point is that shitty countries are cheaper for a reason.

Even the rich people in countries like India or Nigeria want to come to the US or Europe.
>>
>>24902697
>The point is that shitty countries are cheaper for a reason.
Yes, because the economic disparity must exist for the rich countries to get a cheaper workforce.
>>24902697
>India or Nigeria
I'm not talking about the literal third world here dude.

And why would a rich person from there want to go to the US where they're not rich anymore?
>>
>>24902719
>Yes, because the economic disparity must exist for the rich countries to get a cheaper workforce.

I'm not even talking about stuff like that, I just mean that in shitty countries people will have to deal with lot of things that they don't have to deal with in developed countries. Diarrhea, crazy traffic, construction noise 24/7, etc.

>I'm not talking about the literal third world here dude

By your picture I guess you're talking about mid-range places like Poland.

As for why a rich person would want to leave India or Nigeria, if they can get a good job as a doctor or physicist in the US or Britain, they are still pretty rich.
>>
>>24902806
>By your picture I guess you're talking about mid-range places like Poland.
Exactly, you get a normal western-like life for 1/10th of the price and no worries about stupid third world bullshit.
>>
>>24903361
Isn't Poland getting pretty developed?

I can see it becoming more expensive in the near future.
>>
>>24903412
What does "developed" mean? Exploited and stratified? If you have a western or international income, it will always be proportionally higher than eastern or god forbid third world standards, until everything falls apart, and then it's all over anyway.
>>
I don't have any money now, if you want to pay to set me up then be my guest
>>
I'm broke.

but if I were to do such a thing, which country could I go to? The only one I would consider is Uruguay.
>>
>>24903434
>If you have a western or international income, it will always be proportionally higher than eastern or god forbid third world standards

Not necessarily. Plenty of countries have made the jump from undeveloped to very developed in a short time.

I don't see how a NEET's life would be that different if he moved to Poland. What would he spend the extra money on? And if he had to keep moving back to his home country to amass more neetbux, it wouldn't be a comfortable life. With all the airfare, it probably wouldn't end up being that much more cheaper anyway. Also there's all the time spent finding an apartment, etc.
>>
>>24903470
Yeah, Uruguay's always seemed cozy to me.

You going for the legal weed?
>>
>>24901779
Need the internet.

The trip to the supermarket is already difficult for me i would rather it be in a developed and safe place.
>>
>>24903477
>What would he spend the extra money on?
Whores? A qt wife? Education? Art? A place of his own? Anything really.
>>
>>24903470
>>24903486
To elaborate:

If you like degeneracy and just wanna let loose, Thailand or the Philippines.

If you want a semblance of a civilized country with a less "exotic" atmosphere, somewhere in eastern Europe like Poland or Romania.
>>
>>24903499
Even street-shitter Indians have smartphones with internet.

But the stability and speed would obviously vary tremendously from place to place.
>>
>>24903505
For most of those things, you'd still need social confidence and charisma to make the most of them.

You have to realize that most NEETs are NEETs because they lack any talent, confidence, or positive outlook.

A lot of NEETs are way too dumb to learn a new language too, but I guess you could get by with English in a big city.
>>
>>24903486
No, I don't smoke. People have just told me it's nice country. I've also always wanted to learn Spanish.

I don;t know how they feel about Americans, so I might change my mind if they're generally hostile towards us.
>>
>>24903548
Oh yeah?

India have a food as comfy as tim tams?
Does a 2l bottle of pepsi work out at 1$ each when you buy them in bulk?

Fuck living anywhere but /comfytown/
>>
>>24903615
I doubt anyone will hate Americans on principle, it's not like we've ever fought a war with Uruguay. Just don't talk about politics and you'll be fine. That goes in the US too.

Even in places like Palestine or Iran most people are incredibly friendly to American tourists.
>>
You know most other countries where it's that cheap to live pay like shit, right?

I earn 4 euros per hour.
>>
>>24903632
Food is incredibly cheap in the developing world.

But it leaves you on the toilet for days.
>>
>>24903586
Fuck them then, I'm NEET because I lack opportunities or money.
>>
>>24903653
What's wrong with that? That's 700/month. That's the average Eastern European salary, people live perfectly normal lives with that.
>>
>>24903686
Not him, but I earn 400 euros a month. That's definitely not enough.
>>
>>24903676
Why do you lack opportunities?
>>
>>24903656
Cheap, who gives a fuck. cheap is not going to matter if the indian government wont give me any money and i have to work.
>>
>>24903696
Not enough for what and where? I lived in Bosnia for about $300/month and it was great.
>>
>>24903647
>it's not like we've ever fought a war with Uruguay.
The US did a great deal of screwing around in Latin America over the course of the last century; I could totally understand the people being resentful. I'd probably avoid Guatemala and Chile entirely because of it.

>Just don't talk about politics and you'll be fine. That goes in the US too.
That goes without saying.
>>
>>24903698
No money, no family, no connections, shit health, shit country, why do you think people lack opportunities.
>>
>>24903703
Exactly, OP's brilliant "plan" is that you save up NEETbux in your home country, and then move to a poor country where it goes ten times further.

We're trying to explain why this is a lot more complicated and pointless than it sounds.
>>
>>24903723
>The US did a great deal of screwing around in Latin America over the course of the last century; I could totally understand the people being resentful. I'd probably avoid Guatemala and Chile entirely because of it.

Yeah, I know about that, but any rational Uruguayan wouldn't blame every American for stuff a few people in the CIA did decades ago. Like I said, even fucking Palestine and Iran generally treat their guests incredibly well.

Also remember that there are still people sympathetic to the US-backed dictators like Pinochet. US interference only worked because people in Latin America let it.
>>
>>24903708
I live in Portugal, definitely not enough here.
>>
>>24903724
If your country supports you being a NEET, it can't be that bad.
>>
The difference in salary would be bigger than the difference in living costs so i'd be poorer in a poorer country.
>>
>>24903807
Of course it doesn't, I think you thought I was another poster.
>>
>>24903756
His plan is even more brilliant. He thinks he can get 1st world neetbux for the rest of his life, while at the same time living in a cheap 3rd world country.
>>
>>24903846
So how are you a NEET with no family?
>>
>>24903851
Americans and Germans do it here in SEA all the time, they're mostly on disability or retired.
>>
>>24903888
Retired people have money saved up, dingbat.

What country are you in?
>>
>>24903888
Retirement is not neetdom. Retired people get their pension funds because... wait for it... they have paid into it their entire lives with taxes and social security!
>>
>>24901779
I don't speak any of the languages those countries have
>>
>>24904183
There's always time to learn.
>>
>>24904183
You can get by with English in any major city, even in extremely poor countries.
>>
>http://flat-club.com/warsaw-cost-of-living-guide
>cheap housing
>cheap local food
>cheap Internet
>cheap transportation
Wondering if there's any good reason to not just take my $250k to Warsaw and live out the rest of my days
>>
>>24904223
Yeah you'll be able to buy food and such so you won't die but you'll have no choice but to be a neet shut in since you won't be able to have a conversation with anyone.
>>
>>24904555
If you live somewhere for 1+ years you should be able to learn the language by then.

>>24904552
>food, housing, internet, and transportation amounts to about 1k USD a month
what is even the point of staying in Amerikuk
>>
>>24904552
>Wondering if there's any good reason to not just take my $250k to Warsaw and live out the rest of my days
Warsaw is the most expensive city in Poland, if it's cheap for you then damn son...
>>
>>24904658
I figured it would be even cheaper outside of the capital, but compared to America, that is very cheap.
>>
>>24904658
>>24904701
Warsawfag with family in Wroclaw reporting in. Wroclaw is IMO the most beautiful of the big cities in Poland while simultaneously being about 35-50% cheaper than Warsaw. If you're thinking of moving here, definitely would recommend it over the capital. That, or Poznan which is growing up to be the second most popular place for big business in the country.
>>
>>24904701
How is 700 euros only for the place, not even the utility bills, cheap? With 700 euros I could have a place, pay the bills, pay for food, etc. basically live for free in my Eastern Euro country, and it's not much shittier than Poland.
>>
Hey Czech/Polish/whateveranons, can you tell me where to go in your country to live a modest life and how much money do I need for real? I like Prague but apartments there seem pretty expensive to buy, does buying even make sense if I plan on only being there for 3-5 years? What about Krakow? Please advise.
>>
>>24904795
Try living in the SF Bay Area.

1500 USD for jack shit. and in the city? like 4000+.
>>
>>24904807
see
>>24904794

Krakow is pretty much as bad as Warsaw while only a bit cheaper. The Tricity area (Gdansk, Gdynia, Sopot) is a shithole, and so is everything that lies between the sea and Warsaw, especially eastern parts of Poland. Also avoid postindustrial cities like Lodz, Kielce, Katowice, Rzeszow unless you like the thought of suiciding after getting fed up with looking at the same gray blocks of flats every morning.
>>
Is Czech Republic cheaper? They have better gun laws last I checked
>>
>>24904552
Assuming you don't have a EU passport, you need to apply for a residence visa or something similar. You might get one if you have enough money and make up some bullshit about being self-employed over the internet.
>>
>>24904909
All I'm getting from your post is "don't go to Poland", it can't be that bad, can it?
>>
>>24904987
>gun laws

Somehow that's more important to Americans than standards of living, healthcare, etc. Why am I not surprised.
>>
>>24905096
Well, it is rather bad unless you live in the centre of a big city because everything outside it is pretty shitty. Google for pictures of The Old Town or Powisle in Warsaw and then google for Wola or Praga to understand on what I'm talking about
>>
>>24905100
Yes, the ability or lack thereof to pursue my only hobby is quite important to me, unsurprisingly.
>>
>>24905229
If you're a gun collector, it shouldn't be that hard to get permits for them in most European countries.
>>
>>24905218
Isn't every country pretty shitty outside of the centres of big cities anyway though?
>>
>>24905296
Even as a foreigner?
>>
Well for one thing I only speak english.

So I feel like that kinda limits my options.
>>
>>24905491
It really doesn't, most relevant people speak English nowadays.
>>
>>24905424
Being a legal resident should be enough.
>>
>>24905780
So if you're from the EU you can get permits? That's interesting.
>>
>>24905847
It's different in every country. But it's not like American gun nuts believe, as in hurr durr all guns illegal in Europe.
>>
>>24906107
I heard you can't even buy cutlery knives if you're not over 21 and don't register them.
>>
I never understood this for US people. Yes, in some parts of the US, it's very expensive. But, in the midwest and the south coast (and probably other places too), things are pretty cheap, enough to get by on a really low wage. You're not living high, sure, but at least you're not third world.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.