[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here ever used a suicide/addiction helpline? what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: Latex-ass-wet-redhead-big-boobs.jpg (231 KB, 1680x1119) Image search: [Google]
Latex-ass-wet-redhead-big-boobs.jpg
231 KB, 1680x1119
Has anyone here ever used a suicide/addiction helpline?

what was it like? were they helpful or did they do fuck all?

please post experiences
>>
I'm not a women, so I'm not an attention-whore.

>Has anyone here ever used a suicide/addiction helpline?

That's a negative, OP.
>>
File: tumblr_mx1lqayjqX1s3x1sgo1_500.jpg (60 KB, 500x714) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mx1lqayjqX1s3x1sgo1_500.jpg
60 KB, 500x714
I did that once , the bitch i was talking to asked if I had any guns in the house I told her that's not something I'm going to say over the phone (not wanting to broadcast if I have weapons because I was being harrased by cops at the time for nothing which was a huge part of the depression) . Anyway the bitch proceeds to fucking interrogate me rather than listen to anything I have to say so I just hung up , five minutes later I have three fucking patrol cars surrounding my home with lights and spotlights and pigs with weapons drawn banging on my fucking door at 3am - my mom gets to the door first and the pigs start interrogating me asking where the gun is ...I had no guns not even a fucking buckknife in the house , anyway I told the cops the story and they left , fuckin whole neighborhood waking up to this shit and wondering why my home got surrounded at 3am...I called the phone line supervisor and yelled at him and told him that cunt made my whole night worse and put my moms life in jepordy of being shot by some asswipe triggerhappy pig as well as general neighborhood embarrassment. So fuck them I just smoke a shit load of weed now to deal with shit.
>>
>>24901598

The only thing they can do is ask "do you have a plan to kill yourself?"

If you say no, they try to get you off the phone ASAP.

If you say yes, they have you forcibly taken to your local psych ward.

That's all they do. They're not allowed to give you advice, become your friend, or anything.

The only things they can do is listen to you for a few minutes and then hang up, or get you committed.

Disclaimer: I am in the US. Foreign ones could be different maybe (but I doubt it).
>>
>>24901716
>tumblr
>pig
found the nigger
>>
>>24901598
Yeah, the entire conversation boiled down to

>hey man, I can't really help you with that

>if you feel like you're in danger of harming yourself, go to a hospital i- i can call you an ambulance(?)

>go to your doctor and look into medications

>maybe see if therapy works for you? it might work for you, you should check it out

10 minutes of that and the conversation just became circular, I hung up and felt even more hopeless as my mother looked on in dismay

I wouldn't recommend it
>>
File: 1447485284223.jpg (77 KB, 1000x1144) Image search: [Google]
1447485284223.jpg
77 KB, 1000x1144
>call suicide helpline because my depression has been even worse lately and I needed someone to make me feel like they cared so I didn't go through with it
>get sent to psych ward by force
>lose job because of it
>ostracized by family
>only friend I had finds out and won't hang out with me anymore
>life is even worse now
All you had to do was tell me you cared about me or that I'd be missed or even just let me vent. Instead you managed to make my life worse.
>>
>>24901951
That's what you get for trusting people.
>>
>>24901963
You'd think I would have learned. That's how I got where I am in the first place. If I hadn't trusted a woman I'd never have become the mess I am. Over half my life has been a living hell because of her and I still can't even be mad at anyone but myself.
>>
>>24901598
>tfw there's no helpline in your easter european shitcountry
>tfw no one cares
>>
>>24901976
Shit, how old are you?
>>
>>24901951
This is why even at my lowest points I've never reached out for hello, especially through "official" means. Hotlines, psych wards, social media campaigns; it's all bullshit. Society doesn't want to help suicidal people. It wants to sweep them under the rug. These laws and resources exist to protect normal people, not offer any sort of help to the depressed.
>>
>>24901598
I hear the first thing they do is find your location and call the cops.
>>
Everyone life is precious bro just think about the pain you gonna cause on your friends, family and lovers ;)
>>
>>24901994
*for help
Damn phone. I shouldn't post from here.
>>
OP here, thanks lads. to be honest i was more looking at an addiction helpline than a suicide one, but from what ive heard it wouldn't be much better. back to the drawing board i suppose
>>
>>24901991
32. We were 16 when she broke my heart. My life fell apart while I was too absorbed in the hurt she put me through to bring myself to stop it. By the time I could function again my life was completely ruined, and that's kept the depression going strong.
>>24901994
I just wanted to feel like somebody gave a shit, for once. Like somebody would miss me if I died. Just needed somebody who would listen and not judge.
>>
>>24902008
Rehab and the like might actually help though. I'd rather be a drug addict than depressed. Drugs are at least an external problem that you can address head on.
>>
>>24902033
We won't judge.

How was your life ruined?
>>
>>24902033
>I just wanted to feel like somebody gave a shit
That's pretty much why I come here. I don't agree with a lot of things that seem to permeate this board, but at least robots understand. There aren't a lot of ulterior motives here, so I have a much easier time of letting my cynicism go and opening up.
>>
>>24902038
Most drug addicts have some type of underlying psychological problem.
>>
>>24902071
True, but the drugs certainly don't help matters. It's a starting point, at least.
>>
Reminder suicide is essentially illegal so if you tell someone, especially someone unrelated who doesn't give a shit about you, you are fucked.
I'd go with hanging in the woods if the time comes.
>>
>>24902055
Grades fell through, ended up dropping out. Took a shitty job and drank and did drugs a lot because I didn't care. Health has completely failed me, both my knees are fucked, my back's shot, my ears are ruined, that list goes on. I burned the few bridges I had while I was basically just flailing around, emotionally-speaking. Like an animal that's been stabbed with a spear and knows it's dying and just flails around biting and clawing at anything it can. There's nobody in my life and I have no future anymore. I basically spent ten years living under the mantra "Fuck it, it doesn't matter. I'm going to kill myself soon anyway."
And you know what? When I did try, and ended up in the hospital, not one person came to visit me or called me or anything. Not my mom or my dad or my siblings or anyone.
>>24902066
It's why I still come here too. At least here there are people who maybe know what it's like, and maybe care enough to listen.
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 700x489) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 700x489
>>24902071
Tfw schizophrenia
Waiting for my dealer to drop my goods and just got out of a mental ward
I think all addicts have some type of underlying problem
>>
>>24902110
>schizo
>recreational drugs
inb4 permanent psychosis
>>
>committing suicide
>not just being yourself
baka desu sempai
>>
>>24902105
Do you ever wonder, "Why us?" There are literally billions of content, functioning people on this planet. Why can't we have that?
>>
Never called a suicide hotline, but let me give you an idea of the type of person (mostly female) who volunteer for those jobs.

There's a website called 7cups where you can chat live with many women who are interested in psychology (mostly because they had or have major psychological issues of their own). When I pretended to be an 18 year old dealing with his sexuality and romance issues - basically I pretended to be a young beta dealing with the possibility that women only love Alphas - MOST of the women I talked to basically said "yeah that's how it is, but wait till you're 30".

These women are complete idiots, couldn't even possibly consider the issues a man would deal with, and because they aren't men they don't have any sort of moral core.
>>
>>24902224
Yeah they're idiots, but in that instance they were right.

Also:
>pretended
>>
File: 1449515370475.png (442 KB, 498x713) Image search: [Google]
1449515370475.png
442 KB, 498x713
>>24902201
I wonder that a lot. I wonder why I'm still alive, if only to suffer. I put a gun to my head, pulled the trigger, and managed to miss every part of the brain that I actually need. Why? What sin did I commit that I was spared, just so I can keep suffering?
>>
>>24902201
Same as why some people can or why people exist at all: dumb luck. There's no such thing as destiny and fairness is a human construct. You're dealt the hand you're dealt and left to figure out the rest, and there's no one to hold accountable if you get an unplayable one. Maybe god exists though and you can file a formal complaint.
>>
>>24902253
So do you have any brain damage?
>>
>>24902201

Well no one wants to be around you when you hate everything, including yourself, and will probably die by the end of the week.
>>
>>24902260
>>24902201
This, there is no rhyme or reason to anything.
>>
>>24902264
My speech and motor functions are pretty fucked up now, and I have trouble thinking straight a lot. Really poor memory, too. The thinking thing is bad enough that some days I need to write down simple concepts while I'm trying to figure something out, just so I can get it all straight in my head.
>>
>>24902290
Why not shoot yourself again?

Are you forbidden of buying guns? Just jump off a bridge or something, then. Life's pointless anyway, I wouldn't want to live in your situation.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.