[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why can't i fucking stop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: Bayer_Heroin_bottle.jpg (121 KB, 539x790) Image search: [Google]
Bayer_Heroin_bottle.jpg
121 KB, 539x790
why can't i fucking stop using, robots? i'm supposedly so goddamn smart, but i keep doing the dumbest fucking shit.

and i keep telling myself (when i'm high, or right after) that i'm in control. then the effects (or after effects) wear off, and i'm back to rationalizing any excuse to use that i can.

i'm using loperamide, btw. yeah that's right, i'm such a fucking pussy i've resorted to using immodium to get high. at least it's not heroin (see? another great rationalization!)
>>
why do heroin addicts want to be babies?
>>
>>24900293

Perhaps you should go to a doctor.
>>
>>24900293
I bet you never poo
>>
I feel you man. There's no secret trick to make the feelings vanish. I'm sorry. Giving up is fucking hard. It's gruelling and your brain turns against you every step of the way.
I'll advise you to do a couple of things. Keep a notebook with you. Write. Keep writing. About how much you want to give up. How you are going to give up. And if you start to falter. Write how you're feeling. Write what you're thinking. Looking back with a clear head when you start again and addiction isn't grabbing at you as strong you'll be sickened by how your mind warps and convoluted. It will make it easier to battle the thoughts.
>>
just do it

foreal tho.. you've just got to take that step and quit. easier if you slowly go lower and lower doses, then while your in those lower doses you might feel withdrawals but it will steel be not to bad.
but getting off that final dose and staying off is the hard part, then even harder is staying off after the withdrawals come in and at that point where you want to take some just to stop the pain of withdrawals. once you get passed that then it's pretty much done until you end up using again, if you do.
i've never used loperamide but i've read it's pretty shitty (or not shitty in a shitty way lol). there's better legal opiates to use, use them if you can instead and ween off them.
>>
>>24900489

I legitimately can't tell if you're trolling or just naively trying to help.
>>
>>24900293
>i'm using loperamide
>for getting high
You do realize it doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier, right mr troll?
>>
>>24900381
i do, actually... it just comes out in little compact bits.

it was much worse when i was on methadone, and decided to use all my take-homes at once... then when i felt withdrawal effects before the next dosing time, i used loperamide as a stop-gap. the result was...

basically me literally sticking my finger up my asshole in a desperate attempt to dislodge the massive shitlog that was stuck there. i can go into more detail but i don't think anyone (myself included) really wants to.
>>
>>24900650
How do I make it cross the blood brain barrier? I've found a site selling pure powder and I want to snort it.
>>
>>24900293
Hi OP.

Was in a similar situation last year with benzos (valiums) -- couldn't go for more than a day without one else the hypertension and anxiety would kick in.

What helped me kick it was a detox day. Got out of the house, onto a train and headed to the country with a bottle of whisky and a barbecue.

Finished most of the bottle, ate a lot of meat, breathed in all the fresh air, got home and took 120mg of MDMA to nullify the hangover.

Woke up the next day with diminished cravings, persevered and eventually it was a week since my last valium, then two. Ended up being able to refrain for a few months.

Now I'm in a situation where I can safely take one or two recreationally and not want to do loads more over the coming days.

It was the detox day that helped me get over the hump.
You can do it.
>>
>>24900534
what? i've quit opiates myself in the last 6 months twice. the first time was from a 2 year long everyday habit of PST and the 2nd time was after taking again for 3 months straight but quitting then was nothing compared to first time
all you need to do is just quit and just endure the pain of quitting
>>
waiting to pick up right now, i'm so antzy. gonna shoot that goop up and pass out, finished work for the week woo.
>>
File: chill heroin.jpg (9 KB, 144x94) Image search: [Google]
chill heroin.jpg
9 KB, 144x94
>>24900293
i feel you man.. been using IV heroin for the past 10 years with a 2 year period of sobriety.. i want to get clean again.. i want to quit so bad. shit sucks. i used to be somebody.
>>
>>24900769
>i want to get clean again
Cant you do it like not iv
so that your brain doesnt associate heroin with the high *quite* as much
>>
Stop being a fucking degenerate dumbass faggot. Either you'll use the stuff or you won't, simple as that. It doesn't even take any will to stop because stopping isn't an action, it's lack of an action. Doing something takes will, not doing something just takes competence and desire to not do it. So stop being a fucking weak pathetic faggot, stop crying about it like a little baby and just fucking stop. Or you'll die. Faggot.
>>
>>24900550
actually, jackass, it does cross the BBB, it is just pumped out by g-glycoprotein. don't fucking lecture me on pharmacology if you don't understand it.

regardless of what the theoretical issues are, i can attest it does give some sort of effect. it is shitty, worse than codeine or methadone, and very fucking dirty. but it fills in a part of that hole that was cut out of me by heroin and other stronger opiates.

>>24900688
see above. i don't use any tricks like tagamet or anything, just the typical dyphenhydramine potentiation (and not always that). it seems to have similar effects anywhere from 50-200 mgs, similar to methadone in that it takes a long time to kick in and lasts a very long time.

heroin is to methadone as methadone is to loperamide, roughly
>>
depressants like opiates are for self erasure, for a healthy person it's not a good feeling (slow, nauseous, incapacitated). if you want to stop you have to embrace existence, reality. it will probably suck because your reality probably sucks, next step is improvement which should happen naturally if you're not practicing self erasure.
>>
>>24900812
>implying its not p-glycoprotein
>>
>>24900812
*p-glycoprotein
>>
File: my heroin.jpg (135 KB, 444x598) Image search: [Google]
my heroin.jpg
135 KB, 444x598
>>24900786
yeah, i could.. but half of my addiction is the needle.
>>
>>24900861
Breaking half of it is easier than breaking the whole thing :^)
>>
oh shit herion, it's too late man I'm sorry there is no hope for you
>>
>>24900796
i know. i felt that way before i started using. i thought anyone who got addicted to drugs was a loser who had no self-control. fuck, i still feel that way sometimes, until i get cravings. then my brain starts playing tricks on me.

it is impossible to understand unless you've gone through it. for your sake i hope you never have to understand it. i don't pity your ignorance, i'm jealous of it.
>>
>>24900861
i shot up all kinds of shit, i even shot up vodka once... not a good idea btw. i've shot up some unknown brownish-pinkish rock (turned out to be mdma), i've shot up the contents of a gel-capped pill from a head shop (turned out to have contained a lot of caffeine by my estimation, felt like i was about to have a heart attack).

for whatever reason, after shooting up h for a while i just never really acquired a needle fetish. i dunno if the above it part of the reason behind it or not.

my friend, who has never been physically dependent upon heroin, but has used it on and off, said he was a bit of a needle addict, going so far as to shoot up water some times because it gave him some sort of effect/relief.
>>
File: sloth.jpg (67 KB, 504x403) Image search: [Google]
sloth.jpg
67 KB, 504x403
>>24900886
hue hue hue hue hue heu
>>
heroin addicts are fucking retarded lol
>>
File: sad-00031.jpg (162 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sad-00031.jpg
162 KB, 1280x720
>tfw addictive personality
>make sure to never use addictive drugs at all
>end up smoking weed chronically instead
At least I'm not addicted to anything I guess.
>>
>tfw your mind is so weak that you can't even stop smoking weed even though you don't have money for food because of it
>>
>>24902837
I know that feel. At least we'd have an excuse if it was something like alcohol, meth or H.
>>
>>24902825
>smoking weed chronically
>At least I'm not addicted
haaaave you tried not smoking for a while? cus ya might just be addicted
>mfw not even gonna follow this thread and responding is futile
just yeaknow, think bout it
>>
>>24903019
Psychologically addicted, yes.
Physical dependence however? No.
>>
File: 1401808618045.jpg (37 KB, 483x504) Image search: [Google]
1401808618045.jpg
37 KB, 483x504
>>24900769

>mfw people actually start using heroin if they have a future, family or friends of any sort
>>
>>24903087
Heroin is fucking gross. If you're too poor to afford oxymorphone just give up.
>>
I know the feeling but you can do it, just keep trying, even if you slip just try again. Eventually it's going to click.

I'm on day 3 of not drinking and I've been awake all night trying to distract myself. 7 AM now so at least I'll be able to sleep soon.
>>
>>24903202
how is it fucking gross? it's an opiate just as oxymorphone is. Sure in most cases it's not pharmaceutical grade but it's cheaper and stronger and has legs about the same or if not longer plus if you have a good hookup you're not gonna get shitty stuff. I just don't really see your reasoning behind it aside from the fact you want to spend more money to get high.
>>
Long time user here. Kicking again now. I'm on like day three. I've been using clonodine. It helps. So does gebapentin, but I don't have any.I've kicked many times, had periods of clean time, then something would really hurt my feelings in a profound way and I would just choose dope over suicide.

But it stops working after a while. I can do a gram or 2 of really good dope, and not even nod. Shit sucks. So I left my old lady, and have come back to the NEET life while I am getting clean. Hence, why I came here.

And never get on a methadone clinic. Been there, done that. Worst mistake ever.
>>
>>24900878
Snorting gets you like 10% of the drug, and smoking is like 60%, so once you have a habit, it isn't really economically viable to go backwards from IV, when it gives you like 99% of your product.
>>
>>24903202
>implying heroin isn't a god teir drug
It just has a bad reputation thanks to shitty movies like requiem for a dream. Give it a try brobot
>>
>>24900650
What does methadone do?
>>
>>24900293
>why can't I fucking stop?

it's physically addictive that's why
no amount of will power can help that

you fucked up
>>
>>24904775
Not OP, but methadone is like super heroin. And it takes like 30 days of intense acute withdrawals to kick.
>>
>>24904775
It is similar to the effects of bupenorphine/nalaxone. Coats your opiate receptors. Pretty much, you can't use while on a program. But it ends up being more addictive and you're gonna be stuck on that shit.
>>
>>24904869
This is not true. IDGAF what anyone says. First of all, you can still shoot heroin and get high on methadone. The only reason suboxone works is because of the fucking naloxone.

Not to mention you can shoot methadone and get high as fuck, no matter what your dose is. The only reason methadone seems to block opiates is because it is so fucking potent, it sends your tolerance through the roof. It has a 24 hour half life.
>>
Please go to a doctor, this isn't really something you can safely quit without a medical professional.
>>
I have read that Kratom might help.

Ever tried that?
>>
yo stop being a faggot with the pills. If your going to use heroin then shoot up like a real man. If not, then just throw the needle down and tell your connect your trying to quit and not to sell to you. The world is full of dope shit if you dont use for like 6 months you will see that, it sucks but its worth it. Peace
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.