[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/FailedArtist/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
who /failedartist/ here?

I have 4 listens on my bandcamp because I have no friends and no family to share my music with. My music is really fucking weird, so it's not like anybody would like it anyways. I've put so much work and effort into learning all these instruments and production because it was easier to play guitar than it was to speak to people or get a girlfriend.

I should have just fucking gone into STEM, instead i'm going to die alone, and artist who nobody listened to.

Here's my bandcamp, robots, you're the only family I have.

https://ringostarwars.bandcamp.com/releases
>>
>>24897455
bump, also checked :^)

anybody else know this feel?
>>
>>24897465
i made all of the music myself, by the way. it's not like I have a band or anything. I wish I hand a band.
>>
>>24897455
In STEM wishing I went with music or at least tried to follow music.
The only thing I want in life is to play guitar. I hate engineering and my grades are showing it.
>>
>>24897515
Guitar isn't hard at all. I'm actually taking a journalism degree and have had no formal training in any of my musical instruments (guitar, bass, piano, mandolin, violin, trumpet, singing). I'm probably going to drop out, though. I fucking hate being surounded by normies at my shitty school.

What did you think of the music?
>>
i think you're very talented. can you give me your email or something so i can speak to you about making music. i used to try to make music but i kinda lost all inspiration. i didn't help that i didn't feel i was getting any better at it, even after having recorded hours and hours of stuff
>>
>>24897592
[email protected] is my email; if you need any help with anything definitely shoot me an email :)

Thanks for saying i'm talented, I don't feel talented, but i literally have hundreds recorded and just felt like it was time to finally get some out there, you know? Do you have any music I could listen to?
>>
Not too bad op, got kind of an Andrew Bird feel going on. I think The Queen and her Child could really shine.

Survivor wouldn't play for me, btw.
>>
>>24897630
yeah i know. i wish i had something to show that i felt comfortable with

i don't think i have any. i don't record stuff as often as i did like two years ago and now i think everything that i had recorded is trash. i don't want anyone to listen to it until i take the good ideas, if any, and record them again

how old are you?

also, as >>24897716 said, the second track isn't playing for me either
>>
File: shore loser.png (1 MB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
shore loser.png
1 MB, 800x800
>>24897716
Oh shit, really?

It's played on my two computers I've got at home. BTW i'm also
>>24897630
This guy. Forgot my trip.

The Queen and Her Child is one of my favorites to play and write.

Try this link for surviving
https://ringostarwars.bandcamp.com/track/surviving
>>
Hey OP, I make weirder music myself, and I gotta say I really enjoy your sound! I only got to hear the first little bit of it, I'm unable to listen atm but I'm going to save it for the morning, and I gotta say you're fucking good man. Better than I was expecting. Keep it up dude.
You got a soundcloud or tumblr or anything where you post stuff?
>>
>>24897774
no, like I said, I'm a social retard, and have like no friends, other than online ones so I figured a tumblr would be irrelevant
>>
>I should have just fucking gone into STEM, instead i'm going to die alone, and artist who nobody listened to.

From what I read, even STEM grads are finding it hard to get a job anymore. There's more graduating than there are open positions, and companies are importing foreigners on H1Bs to fill those spots because they can get them cheaper.

At least you failed at something that you enjoyed. It'd be worse to put all your effort into something you didn't care about and fail at that. And the possibility of success is always there for an artist; every successful artist was a failed artist at one point.

I know what you mean, though. I also fell into that "follow your dreams" scam. But honestly, I don't think anything else we could have tried to do would have worked out better. The world turns, and it's turning into darkness atm. We were probably fucked regardless.
>>
Nice OP survivor was good. Sounds like you can play well just needs to be recorded better whatever you're using doesn't do it justice
>>
>>24897906
I'm poor as fuck, anon. No way to buy better equipment, all my money is going to school and rent, it sucks. I've just got a shitty thinkpad from like, 2010 with which to record.
>>
>>24897455
>https://ringostarwars.bandcamp.com/releases
I like it but why are you complaining about no listeners on literally the day of its release? Its forgivable if you're viralling here but don't be dishonest about it. Also, 10 dollars for 4 3 minute tracks? You may or may not get more listens/downloads if it were less but it is something to consider. That being said, keep making those beats buddy
>>
File: 1446563066887.gif (464 KB, 220x157) Image search: [Google]
1446563066887.gif
464 KB, 220x157
>mfw listen to some guy's work on bandcamp
>I love it, one of my top albums if I'm honest
>check it out on youtube
>literally like 500 views

I have shitty videos bodering on 10k views a pop, what the fuck gives? I seriously hope this guy's getting actual bandcamp sales
>>
>>24897906
same thoughts here, except Sanity was my favorite
Whatever you're using to record vocals and instruments is not very good, sounds like a lot of lows and highs are both missing in these tracks

Gives me strong Beetles/Beach Boys/Animal Collective vibes
>>
get a better name
that punname shit just lead me to think it would be some a e s t h e t i c gaystuff

You really recored all the instruments separately? Sounds really good anon. And I wouldnt classify your music as weird imo, you might be a weirdo but it sounds like regular attempts at composition
>>
>>24897931
quit school and work to afford more music stuff? At least you'd be doing what you want
>>
>>24897805
Ah, okay. Well I made a tumblr the other day just to follow bands I like & experimental music & effect pedal blogs and such, seems ok so far. Soundcloud though I've found some pretty cool folks to follow from /mu/ or just that I discovered through suggested tracks or they found me the same way. I only have like 2 to 5 plays on most things but it's encouraging when someone adds one of your songs to their loved tracks.
Still thinking on making a bandcamp, been planning on waiting until I actually had stuff organized into an album or EP of songs I want to put together. I have plenty of recordings, mostly junk, but I need to really sit down and mix some half decent songs sometime.
Anyways, I think it's cool that you've gone ahead and done that. Love the violin especially.
>>
>>24897994
i just uploaded the last track tonight, the bandcamp has been up for a few weeks, m80 :^)

Also i just made it free, because somebody might as well listen to it on their hard drives. To be hoenst that would make me feel really fucking good.

>>24897997
i have presently like, 79 views all time on bandcamp, yet some shitty Spore (yes, the vidyagame) video i made in like, grade 10 has thousands of views.

>>24898058
yeah I recorded everythign. In some tracks I sang and played piano at the same time, though.

>>24898071
if you make a bandcamp, be sure to email it to me :)
>>
>>24897455
I'm digging Survivor OP. Good job!
>>
>>24898149
*Surviving, checking out the others still.
>>
>>24898168
thanks anon, I appreciate that :) most if not all of my lyrics are thinly vieled feelings about killing myself and how badly i'd like to.
>>
>>24897455
Your vocals are pretty bad. Work on your timbre.
>>
>>24897455

OP, are you from Peterborough NH?
>>
>>24897455
if you think failing is hard, wait until you have success and then you can't replicate it or live up to it again. its brings so much anxiety.

i used to make vidya, it was my life passion. helped me enjoy life honestly and made me feel good, like i was good at something, had a future.. ive lost that for over a year and im yearning to get back. i had a lot of setbacks and failures but i think im getting back on the horse soon
>>
I'm thinking on becoming a pianist, or trying to, at least. Not like I'm that good at the piano, so, I may end up being a failed artist. I want to die young so, not like it matters.
>>
Hey OP, I really like your music. Not sure if to tell you to get a better mic or not, since the way you do it now really fits your style of music.

I have a bunch of shitty 1 minute recordings, most with no singing. I want nothing more to be good at writing songs, but I'm too busy drinking.
>>
>>24898415
no, i'm canadian..

>>24898445
good for you anon, I'm rooting for you :)

>>24898481
writing songs is the hardest part tbqh :/
>>
>>24897455
You should make music purely for yourself, OP. Just keep making music if that's what you like.
>>
I like the instrumentals, but the vocals could use some work. Keep at it OP. You've got a good unique style that you could do well with in my opinion.
>>
>>24897455
>hey fa m check out my mixtape

nice try
>>
>>24898592
this the instrumentals in the queen and her child rock I just feel the vocals ruin it. But I really like it!
>>
>>24898616
>wanting to share feelsy music and talent with the only people you think of as decent
>a bad thing

pick one
>>
>>24898655
If you change the vocals I think I would play this song on repeat OP. I really like it!
>>
>>24898672
Just listened to surviving. It would have been a hit in the 60s if it was just a bit more polished up! I love that people still make music like this today. I added your bandcamp to my favorite sites keep it up!
>>
>>24898691
Stop making experimental music. If you songs hadn't weird stuff in them they would be fucking gold!
>>
>>24898691
thanks anon, you're really making me feel better :) feel free to download it.

Id love a new microphone to record on. anybody with experience have any ideas?

>>24898719
I like experimental stuff, but i do see where you're coming from. if i had a proper recording set up I'd definitely try and make it a lot cleaner you know?
>>
>>24898738
>recording set
is that expensive?
>>
>>24897455
i can't imagine anyone would want to listen to this OP, don't act so disappointed
i'm not saying this kind of music doesn't have merit, it absolutely does, but you're probably never gonna get a following with something this weird unless it's also funny or has some crazy backstory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s2_sTA-Gyk
something like xiu xiu is just as weird as what you're doing but also listenable, and they have a big underground following
i'm not saying to sell out, i'm just saying you might be approaching this the wrong way for yourself
>>
>>24898751
Yeah, unfortunately. I'd be looking at around 400$ for the microphones and mixer and audio interface :/ which i simply don't have. I'm poor as fuck and all my money goes to prescriptions for anti-depressants and rent.

>>24898767
I don't make music for popularity, i just really like making music and want people to listen to it I guess. I don't know.
>>
>>24898767
thats not at all in the style of OP.
>>24898778
Add me on skype alex.alex7363
>>
If queen and child had clean vocals and crisp sound it would be fucking gold. It wouldn't even be weird.
>>
wtf is this album cover

what's the story behind it
>>
>>24898801
I don't have skype, just email, my email is [email protected], feel free to email me. in fact, please do, I could use a friend.

>>24898817
thanks, man. I recorded the vocals on that one hastilly, but the rest of the song i worked really hard on. i might end up re-recording the vocals once I get a better microphone

>>24898826
found it on a collection of free to use public domain photos. its in new york in the 80s iirc.
>>
>>24898842
>not making album covers with your own photos

come on nigga if ur gonna be an artist at least do it right
>>
Well, it's not my type of music. I think you just appeal to a narrow audience.
>>
>>24898885
that would require leaving my appartment, anon...
>>
>>24898842
>[email protected]
sent you an email
>>
OP if you ever make a full album and cut out the fucked up voice I will buy your album because you have a lot of potential.

>>24898885
this one is good it's music not photography
>>
>>24898910
take a photo from your window?

be creative anon, that's why you're an artist, right?
>>
>>24898817
this. I'd listen to it even without vocals
>>
>>24898910

>Not taking photos of your dim and lonely apartment with filters to make it artistic.

Shit dude, the titles of your songs already indicate it's an inward message.
>>
>>24897455
why does ur name ring a bell
>>
File: 1449644522644.png (281 KB, 672x720) Image search: [Google]
1449644522644.png
281 KB, 672x720
>make indie games
>nobody plays them except my mom
>released a game a few months ago
>10 downloads

just kill me
>>
I like your music, OP.
>>
>>24898973
you're working in a saturated market anon
>>
>>24898973
what game is that anon-kun
>>
>>24897455
This is great stuff. I'm using this for underscoring in the next few plays and films I produce. Thanks OP!
>>
>>24898964
because ringo starr was the drummer for the beatles maybe?

>>24898973
What's your game, anon? I'm pretty poor, but i'll buy it if i have enough after med bills and rent this month :)

>>24898975
thanks, anon.
>>
>>24898973
link me anon
>>
I would spam your music and make it a forced album so much I like it. Like forced meme are forced.
>>
I'm STEM, Electrical Engineering. I like it, because I can actually use it for shit (amps, uh, controlling a light's brightness digitally, knowing physics and math is nice).

I'd kill to be an artist though. Can't fucking create to save my life. I'd rather knock 30 IQ points off and be able to be a fucking normie for once instead of being this for the rest of my life.
>>
>>24897455
You're a failed artist and I'm supposed to have sympathy?

You're like a beggar rn.

Seriously, make your art better or fuck off.
>>
Op sent me a link to his other album http://wizerd.bandcamp.com/album/wizard
It's pretty good too. If he had better equipment it could be great! If you set up a fundraiser to pay for equipment I will participate.
>>
>>24899048
What have you done?
Fuck off.
>>
>>24899067
>>>/reddit/

producer music has fucking nothing to do with equipment in this day and age

god you are a kuck
>>
>>24899086
Of course it does you retard. He just needs a better mic. His vocals are fucked up because of it.
>>
>>24899005
i'd love to link it but google and apple have personal info on their pages now

i really need to make web versions of these to make sharing easier
>>
>>24899086
You've clearly never made music before. Timbre is extremely important.
>>
>>24899103

This.

Needs a noise gate and a pop filter, too. I can hear it.
>>
who /The Girl with the Electric Soul/ here?
>>
>>24899002
send me an email if so. I'd love to see what my music is being used in, but please credit me and don't just steal my stuff plz.

>>24899034
Artists aren't normies, either. I wish I was good at sports and stuff. instead I'm just good at making eccentric music.

>>24899031
well, it worked for yung lean lmao

>>24899086
Man, that's bullshit. all I've got is my instruments and a 2010 thinkpad. I don't produce my music I play it live and record it, then master it using ableton. You don't know anything about music, m8

>>24899067
that's very kind of you anon, but I couldn't take money from anybody for moral reasons. I'll just try and sell my music to pay for better equipment. You've proven to me that there are people who can see that there's potenial with my art, so thanks, man.

I'm gonna grab a quick nap. I've got school in 3 or 4 hours. If the thread is still bumped i'll post more stuff, if not i'll make another thread tomorrow. maybe start some sort of /artist/ general.

in the meantime anybody who wants should email me at [email protected], and i made both my albums free (the one in OP and also the one this anon posted >>24899067) so feel free to download them and enjoy :)

>>24899138
not gonna lie, that's probably my favorite song to play. I'm trying to get gigs in bars at my town, and i love playing that song for people.
>>
File: 1382713870249.gif (660 KB, 310x254) Image search: [Google]
1382713870249.gif
660 KB, 310x254
>>24897455
>My music is really fucking weird
This actually sounds pretty comfy. Only listened the first song so far but will keep the page open in a tab. Watching some telly atm so gotta get back to that.
>>
>>24899129

I think noise gate is the wrong word. There's a special device that "cleans" the mic input of the buzz. Forget what it's called.
>>
>>24899158
Thanks man I will download them but the voice quality annoys me so much I'm feel it's good but it's lacking the studio quality.
>>
>>24899103
Lol, I'm not listening to this fucking beggar's shit because he can't figure out how to get a mic.

>>24899128
yes I have, I do it for a living. timbre is too vague.

>>24899158
god you are such a fucking beggar. you're pathetic. you really think you're gonna make it music from begging on /r9k/? give up the ghost, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>24899184
that gif
>ayy lmao
>>
>>24899211
>you really think you're gonna make it music from begging on /r9k/? give up the ghost, go fuck yourself.
If 4chan can get liberals fired from their job... pretty sure we can accidentally give someone a temporary boost to their audience.
>>
>>24899211
send some of your shit so we can judge you too
>>
>>24899204
here's my other album, the vocals on this one are a lot clearer and cleaner

>>24899211
you're trying to make fun of people on /r9k/, whilst on /r9k. you're just as autistic as the rest of us, anon.
>>
>>24899158
>I don't produce my music I play it live and record it, then master it using ableton. You don't know anything about music, m8

I know enough to know that you don't know fucking shit about ableton, nor do you give a fuck enough to make music properly in ableton. seriously, fuck you for shilling your music for pity. there are tons of people who know way, way more than you about producing music (including myself) who would never stoop to make a fucking thread about it on /r9k/ for pity points.
>>
>>24899231
4chan doesn't do that, SJW do that to people who post anti-PC opinion, but gj trying to derail the discussion

>>24899233
no fucking thanks, this is an anonymous board for a reason

>>24899235
I'm not trying to make fun of anybody, I'm just being real
>>
>>24899238

Yet you'll stoop low enough to cry about it.
>>
>>24899259
>gj trying to derail the discussion
What discussion? There is no discussion here. There's some dude sharing his music, and some dude crying in the corner.

Hell, if I knew it pissed you off earlier I'd have supported this guy immediately. :^)
>>
>>24899238
I find his music actually good I didn't reply out of pity
>>24899259
wew lad
>>
>>24899238
I master it, add effects, and sometimes use MIDI VSTs, I can hardly understand how you somehow know so much about me with very little information? Tell me how excellent your productions would sound with a 2010 thinkpad with a gig and a half of ram? Likely it would sound awful; to have gotten to the point of production that I've achieved has required many, many hours of hard work and learning. I do indeed know shit about Ableton, and your baseless accusations of being better than me have literally nothing to back you up. Am I to believe that you're some mozart of soundcloud simply because you say so but refuse to post anything? You're like that one retarded kid in kindergarten who would ask a question, and claim to know the answer but say "I can't tell you, because then you'd know, too!"

I'm not the type to get upset, but dude, chill the fuck out nigga damn
>>
>>24899262
not even crying, didn't even open the bandcamp, I'm just an actual artist who doesn't shill his shit

>>24899278
>:^)
>>
>>24899259
>4chan doesn't do that

Newfag detected.
>>
I genuinely love it. I will more than likely buy the album when I get to my computer. God bless, OP.

also I will be your gf if you need one, i live pretty close to you
>>
>>24899307

>I'm an artist.
>I don't share my art.

Pathetic. Put yours up and we'll compare.

Though it sounds like your jealous tbqh.
>>
>>24899295
>I'm not the type to get upset

yes you are, you're also the type to shill shit for pity points

making shit sound right isn't about RAM
>>
>>24899313
reeee op gets money and a gf
being an artist even a failed artist is being a normie
>>
>>24899307

>>24899313
e-email me...? Also you could come out and see my bands if you wanted

>>24899307
It's like you think the only true way to be an artist is to keep all your creations locked in some cellar with a sign that says "believe me, they're great" on it.
>>
File: 1392847827917.jpg (22 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1392847827917.jpg
22 KB, 400x300
>>24897455
Why would you go to school for something like this? I'm learning how to draw, but I do it in my spare time.
>>
>>24899317
lol no thanks
>>
Jesus fuck these vocals are atrocious
>>
>>24899321
>making shit sound right isn't about RAM

literal production newfag. If you don't have ram there's no way your computer can keep up with the load of production, VSTs won't work properly, and your DAW would lag like hell.
>>
>>24899321
>making shit sound right isn't about RAM
of couse he was just showing that all the equipment he had was an old laptop and his instruments just chill out
>>
File: 1415499381723.jpg (248 KB, 500x800) Image search: [Google]
1415499381723.jpg
248 KB, 500x800
I'm in the same situation OP except my music is more generic and less inventive. You've got some neat stuff there, keep it up m8.

At least we have something to keep us busy.
>>
File: 1449198725931.png (122 KB, 348x421) Image search: [Google]
1449198725931.png
122 KB, 348x421
I posted on here yesterday and this one guy kept telling me I was retarded, I just wanted to share my shitty sketches, not everything has to be awesomeamazing, or maybe that's just me wanting to justify my mediocrity ;_; desu
>>
>>24899348

Well, okay then. You don't share then you don't get to say shit.

Thanks for playing. : ^ )
>>
>>24899335
no, to be an artist you participate in a scene, you play shows, you network, you do shit and you don't post threads saying "who here /failedartist/?"

you are pathetic
>>
>>24899346
I go to school for journalism, senpai

Music is my hobbie.

>>24899361
i know this feel.

>>24899375
We're on /r9k/, we're all pathetic, nigger.
>>
>>24899361

/r9k/ art general?

/r9k/ art general.

>implying this thread isn't the most OC we've seen in months

>>24899375

>trying to stop /r9k/ art general
It's futile tbqh.
>>
>>24899335
I will tomorrow afternoon! I'd love to go to a show. I haven't been to one in a while, all of my music funds go to support my disgusting Third Man Record vinyl habit.

Where do you guys play?!
>>
>>24899358
though >>24899357 is still right
>>
File: 1419022178915.gif (864 KB, 160x270) Image search: [Google]
1419022178915.gif
864 KB, 160x270
>>24899382
>journalism

Even worse.
>>
>>24899395
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
WHY DOES HE GET A FREE GF
GAS THE NORMIES
>>
I hate lo-fi op.

get a fucking better microphone

But other than that its some chill fucking shit, if it was recorded in better quality id probably download the mp3
>>
>>24899387

Why not? We already have the feels bar. Let's have this, too.

>/r9k/ is actually about OC
Took us long enough.
>>
>>24899414
stop judging everyone is having a pleasant thread and you have to come and decide too start an argument how small can you be.
>>
>>24899369
by your shit logic, why don't you share?

>Thanks for playing. : ^ )

oh shit

>>24899358
>just chill out

damn, I guess his shit is actually really good

>>24899357
but that's not true

you can mix shit down

>this entire thread
>"let's help out a shitty beggar shill artist because reddit stronk!"
>>
>>24899395
mostly at the spill in peterborough. I know that feel, anon, discogs is sapping away any money that isn't being spent on school and rent.
>>
>>24899421
I doubt he would ever meet me, anyway. I'm just being hopeful. I will more than likely never be his gf and he will ignore my messages.
>>
>>24899387
>It's futile tbqh.

yeah, let's just all circlejerk and say that shilling art is OK because whatever bla bla bla

>>24899382
>We're on /r9k/, we're all pathetic, nigger.

it's double pathetic to shill on /r9k/
>>
>>24899445

Hmm. Good point. I'll go learn the piano now.

Thanks OP. You've inspired me.
>>
>>24899456
well I hope you have fun
FUCK YOU ROASTIE BITCH
have fun
>>
>>24899432
honestly yeah, would the anon just rather we go back to "tfw no gf" threads every day?

>>24899456
i'm lonely and have no friends, i don't care if somebody wants to be my gf or not i'd just love to have another human to interact with in any way

>>24899472
glad to have. My email is in the thread, if you need any sugestions on where to start, send me an email :)
>>
>>24899469
sharing your art is shilling ok
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 212x242) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 212x242
>i dunno if this counts as an art,
>a liberal art?
>the most liberal art
>philosophy
>reading ancient and modern in uni
>listening to a lot of watts and wilson and stuff
>take a lot of acid
>get convinced of some sort of ur-fascist philosophy conspiracy
>get taken to a psych ward
>get diagnosed schizo
>drop out of college
>become NEET
>collect schizobucks
>smoke weed until catatonic and agonize over mistakes in life
>can never love philosophy or trust my own brain to create philosophy

/failedartist/ sucks
>>
>>24899453
What days do you usually play?! Weekends? Any upcoming events? I will absolutely take the trip up there (I'm farther away than I thought, a little over an hour).

>tfw I'll never have a first pressing of Icky Thump mono

kill me
>>
>>24897455
What program do you use to make music?
>>
>>24899503
half the people in the bar where he plays will be people from r9k
>>
>>24899503
we've got a show on the 22nd, but we're going to suck because it'll be a small show, and a show on the 30th which is with a dope noise/stoner rock band from toronto.

I have a reissue of icky thump! Stereo tho rip. the jewel of my collection is my Mono copy of Magical Mystery Tour by the beatles. it's totally plebian dad rock but holy fuck it sounds amazing.
>>
>>24899495
sharing your art-- that is, your personal identity-- is shilling, that is, when you're posting it on an anonymous medium

what's so hard about that?

>>24899493
>email :)

OP lowkey thinks he's gonna get famous off of a thread on /r9k/
>>
>>24897455
i want to be like zun, i want to be able to do mediocre art, great music and great games but i'm an idiot who can't even do one of those things to a mediocre degree. i'm shit at everything and too inattentive to learn.
>>
WHO JELQUING TO OPS MUSICAL GENIUS

WHO OPS #1 FAN / F.A.M

>>24899538
WHY SO BITTER SENPAI
>>
>>24899538

You mean attention whoring. OP is attention whoring. But since he's actually producing something to share instead of TITS?

Dunno... doesn't even seem like whoring.

I approve of this thread.
>>
>>24899538
what? No i don't, I just love music and want to help other people learn, too. Why are you so hostile?
>>
>>24899555
CHECKED THOSE TRIPS MY SENPAI
>>24899562
yfw the infamous anon approved of this thread
>>
>>24897455
Your music is shit. It's poorly recorded. Your lyrics are boring. You're flat. Everything about it derivative. It's predictable, boring, and not really worth a shit.

Sorry, anon, I'm just being honest.
>>
>>24899556
I'm ops biggest groupie
>>
okay i'm going to bed now guys. anyone email me if they want.

>>24899607
It's cool, mango :) You're allowed to think that. Thanks for the feedback
>>
>>24899535
Are there any after the holidays? Well I'm sure you don't know in advance... You can tell me when I e-mail you :P

I JUST bought my best friend the reissue of Icky Thump and Elephant. Icky Thump's sleeve is so beautiful, I'm almost tempted to get myself a copy. Also I think that's a badass addition to any collection, long live dad rock tbqh.

Do you have any more music that you are willing to share on 4chan.org?
>>
File: 1448727978664.png (2 MB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
1448727978664.png
2 MB, 1632x1224
Hey OP. I really dig your sound. If you want someone to lay your vocals for you, or to provide you more guitar/piano tracks let me know homie. I'd be happy to sing for you.

Here's my shitty soundcloud, with my own work. Its sparse. Enjoy, robots.
>https://soundcloud.com/nomadamongthemountain/sets/the-wanderer-lp-unfinished

I've recorded things for /r9k/ and /mu/ before. I love music threads. Here's something I did for /r9k/ a few weeks back (lyrics by another anon)
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s0KD8mhQb36Y
>>
>>24899607
I don't agree with you OP has talent.
>>
I'm actually enjoying this. Makes me feel in a weird way. I like it OP, make more please. I think surviving could be well complemented with bass or drums, just a simple smooth beat in the background would make it shine
>>
>>24899607
nah ops stuff is good
>>
>>24899607
All art is derivative, you stupid faggot.
>>
>>24899642
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s0KD8mhQb36Y
Holy fuck you have talent. MAKE THIS A 3 MINUTE SONG PLEASE!
>>
File: cover.jpg (302 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
302 KB, 700x700
Can I shill for my music too?
I'm a robot who makes nice piano and ambient music. It's mostly inspired by Claude Debussy, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Goldmund etc. You can download the album for free and if you tell someone about it I will love you forever.
https://arnoldsavary.bandcamp.com/releases

I also want to get into making soundtracks (made this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TACVuaRu2fs) so if you tell someone who's looking for a soundtrack I will double love you.
>>
>>24899607
You are wrong. His albums are great they just don't have studio quality.
>>
>>24899642
Better than OP.

Stop listening to giles corey so much.
>>
>>24899642
email me my man, i'd fucking love to do /r9k/ art colabs

i'm going to bed now i have an exam tomorrow killll me
>>
>>24899382
Yes, we're all pathetic niggers here, that I can agree with. How old r u? what are your mediums?
>>24899387
and what do you mean by "art general"? I'm new round these parts, I think the thread I posted in was just some lonely guy wanting an art waifu
>>
Who is going to shill OPs music on /mu/.
>>24899713
So much talent in one thread.
>>
>>24899634
>okay i'm going to bed now guys

you should go to bed and have nightmares because your music is so fucking bad that you rely on the pity of autists / the reinforcement of your massive tripfagging ego in order to think it's good.

seriously, you are a disgrace. I want you to remember that when you got to bed tonight. you are a fucking disgrace and you will never be shit because you resorted to shilling your music to autists.

even if you did gain some traction on 4chan (which you won't), there will still be people saying "I remember this guy shilling and tripfagging his own shit. fuck him."

frankly, spend less time shilling and more time working on your art. because if you have to rely upon shilling & appeal to emotion, there's a very good chance that you are shit.
>>
>>24899737
>and what do you mean by "art general"?
Well, whatever we want, I guess. Music, sketches, paintings, sculptures... Something we created and want to share.

You know...

Original content.

>>24899755

>normalfags on /r9k/
>>
>>24899713
WSH WHALA GRO C DE LA MERDE C KI DEBUSSY INSPIRE TWA DE BOOBA SAL MERDE.

HAMDULLILAH.
>>
>>24899664
>>24899690
>>24899702
>>24899728

>>>/reddit/

but honestly, look at the thread stats.

currently, 149 posts, 45 posters. gee, do you think that OP might be shilling his own trash like the autist he is?
>>
>>24899776
desu I am shilling OPs music because I like it a lot :)
>>
>>24899769
>normalfags on /r9k/

sick
>>
>>24899713
Absolutely beautiful, anon. I could listen to this forever,
>>
>>24899788
still 45 posters

good one OP

turning off your trip is very convincing

esp. since you just "went to bed"
>>
>>24899713
C DU LOURD GRO ECOUTE PAS >>24899771 JE VAIS METTRE SA A FONT DANS MA CAISSE SA VA FAIRE TOURNER LES TETES DES PETTASE MERCI
>>
>>24899771
lol tkt frero prochain album je droppe le piano et je prends le micro
salade tomate oignon
>>24899754
Thank you!
>>
>>24899642
quite nice, do you have a bandcamp?
>>
>>24899815

Was he the other artists in this thread, too? :^)

AND his own troll? :^)

:^)

:^)
>>
>>24899642

Good stuff man.

>>24899713

Listening now. Like it so far.
>>
It takes a lot of guts to shit on people posting their music in this thread.
>>
>>24899713
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHbW3MNRvu4 ECOUTE SA WHALA PUIS SORT DU LOURD STP

----

Tes au taf la?
>>
File: 289.jpg (155 KB, 1600x1032) Image search: [Google]
289.jpg
155 KB, 1600x1032
>>24899769
OH no I just didn't really know what you meant by asking met that question phrased that way? I'm kind of autistic but yeah I love all sort of art, even dad art or kitsch stuff or pretentious stuff, it's fun to smash (jk but destruction art is probs a thing, sounds fun) my preferred medium is sketch, music, movies, and comics. I have tried all of them but frankly I'm poor and not as dedicated as I was before I was depressed, maybe when my mood is better I can keep making more stuff. See but I just make too many excuses, it's not like I don't do art anymore, I just don't really make anything that special or any eye catching of stuff, feels badman
>>
WHO OPS #1 FAN IM GOING TO SHILL HIS MUSIC EVERYWHERE!
>>
BUMP COME PRAY TO OP
HE IS OUR NEW GOD!
>>
>>24899871

Well, talking about it is fine, too.

>>24899875

>The more haters this thread gets the stronger it gets.

Honestly, if that guy just ignored it then this thread probably would have quietly disappeared after a few compliments.
>>
>>24899829

Nah. I just write music in my bedroom and record it on my phone. No equipment. Sorry, Anon. Thanks for the kind words though.

It really means a lot.
>>
COME POST IN THIS THREAD NOW!
I AM A SHILL OPS MUSIC IS GOOD NOT CRAP
>>
>>24899713

I like L'Imagination. Good stuff.
>>
OP IS SUCH A GOOD SINGER NO A DICK SUCKER COME POST NOW

I AM TOTALLY NOT A PAID SHILL BY OP
NO HE DIDN'T PAY ME $1 FOR EACH POST I MAKE
>>
>non-/mu/tants discussing music on 4chan

you should literally be silenced
>>
>>24899642

I liked the Pearl Coffin Song.

>>24899921

>trolling
>on 4chan
no wai
>>
COME POST IN THIS THREAD
AND BECOME A KEK
COME SUCK OPS DICK
>>
File: 1447833520397.jpg (75 KB, 480x533) Image search: [Google]
1447833520397.jpg
75 KB, 480x533
>46 posters
>171 replies
>>
WOW I WONDER IF PEOPLE REALISE THAT OP IS TRYING TO CONTROL YOUR MIND WITH HIS SHITTY MUSIC

DON'T LISTEN TO IT OR THINGS WILL NEVA BE LIKE IT BEFORE

DO NOT LISTEN

WARNING FINAL

:DDDD
>>
File: jjjfjajsdfja;sj.jpg (130 KB, 462x631) Image search: [Google]
jjjfjajsdfja;sj.jpg
130 KB, 462x631
>>24899891
Yeah I'm just scared 'cause you guys are all really cool and I am just scared. Just shy, I guess, here's something I made 2 years ago when I wasn't just a depressed autistisperg
>>
>>24897455
Bro, you gotta fix the title name and stuff. Looks pretty bad as of right now, name is full of jaggies.

Otherwise interesting music, maybe not my type but pretty cool. Can see it come to life in a play
>>
>>24899895
It's good nice enough composition, most of it's kind of short and stunted though. Are these full pieces or just works in progress?
>>
File: 1431291783507.jpg (79 KB, 489x558) Image search: [Google]
1431291783507.jpg
79 KB, 489x558
op needs to reevaluate his career
>>
>>24899934

Thanks anon. I'm really happy someone listened to something I made and enjoyed it at all.
>>
>>24899941
ITS JUST A GLITCH LEL NOT PAID SHILLS SHILLING A MIND CONTROL ALBUM
>>24899961
>>24899960
YOU HAVE TOTALLY NOT FALL IN THE OP TRAP LMAO THANKS FOR POSTING KEKS EUH I MEAN FRIENDS
>>
File: 1449431372883.jpg (42 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1449431372883.jpg
42 KB, 400x400
>>24899960
her ear is messed and the shading could be better and I don't like how inconsistent her glowiness is but she looks pretty hot and unique, and I like her hair. also I gave her le shmegeh x because I was into that at the time
>>
>>24899969

They're all works in progress, half songs. None of them are finished. I'm in grad school for not music and just work on them whenever I can force the time. Thanks for the encouragement anon, it means a lot
>>
I think I've posted this song on here before but I've since recorded a better version so here it is if anyone's curious.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1prvdc25lZI
>>
I LOVE SUCKING DICKS Fdsfdsgfsdgdsfsa
>>24899999
>>24800000
>>
File: 1449367423319.jpg (32 KB, 578x631) Image search: [Google]
1449367423319.jpg
32 KB, 578x631
>>24899977
WHAT TRAP NOOOOOO I JUST CAME HERE TO SHARE MY ARTISTIC VISIOOOOOON
*bursts into flames* *buys ops album from the afterlife*
>>
/!\ BUY OPS MIXTAPE FIRE 2013 OR YOU WILL BURN IN HELL /!\
>>
>>24899776
op here, just had a smoke.

Get fucked faggot,

>that lack of (you)

don't let it bring you down, m8
>>
File: 2page.jpg (411 KB, 1697x690) Image search: [Google]
2page.jpg
411 KB, 1697x690
I recently started sketching images on my hard drive into a notebook I found in my closet whenever I don't have internet access. Is that art? Bonus points if you know where the sketch is from.
>>
i love this style of music, please don't stop

just get a better mic, and find an easier way to distribute your art bro. you can't be a "failed artist" until you've given up, i see potential my friend
>>
/!\ BUY OPS MIXTAPE FIRE LAVA 2k15 OR YOU WILL BURN IN HELL /!\
>>
>>24899984
I play quite a bit myself, I know what it means lad...
>>
File: images (7).jpg (10 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
10 KB, 238x212
>that one troll that keeps spamming messages then claiming there's more posts than posters and this thread is fake

I just wanted something nice on /r9k/ that wasn't depression or trolling. Just once.
>>
>>24899607
can i ask you what kind of music you're into so we can all laugh at it?
>>
>>24900031
DAMN I LIKE IT HOMIE
that's what I would do too when our internet is cut off
I'm poor
it gives you /perspective/
>>
/!\ WARNING BUY OPS MIXTAPE FIRE LAVA 2k15 OR YOU WILL BURN IN HELL /!\

BUT SERIOUSLY STOP SHILLING OPS MUSIK HE IS A JEW HE IS MIND CONTROL
>>
>>24900077
man, you okay?
>>
>>24900077
OP IS NOT JEW MIND CONTROL LIER BUT STILL BUY MIXTAPE SPIT LAVA 2099 NOW OR DIE GOYIM
>>
JEWISH MIND CONSTROL THREAD CONTROL PANEL THREAD MIXTAPE NIGGER CULTURE

BUY THIS ALBUM

CONTROL

THE GOYIM

CANT YOU SIMPLE UNDERSTAND NOW
>>
>>24900118
OP IS ... COMUNICATION CUT MUSIC WEIRD
WORK FOR THE JEWS
THIS IS MUSIC MIND CONTROL DO
NOT LISTEN

OR YOU WILL BE CONTROLLED GOYIM

I REPEAT DO NOT LITEN EVEN IF MIX TAPE FIRE LAVA CONFIRMED BLING 2033 ICEY COOL

IT IS TRAP

TRAP IS

I REPEATT

TRAAAAAAAAP
>>
>/mu/ posts in /r9k/ in ALL CAPS SILLY SPEAK because they feel threatened their sphere of influence is in someone else's hands
Go be hipsters in your own board.
>>
>>24900118
>>24900142
this is just starting to get depressing man
>>
THE JEWS ARE TRYING TO GET ME
IF COMMUNICATION CUT
DO NOT FALL FOR JEWS

THIS MUSIC STINKS OF THE JEW

JEW IS LIKE GOOD GOY BUY MUSIC

OP IS STEALING YOUR SOUL LEAV THIS THREAD NOW

JUST LEAVE

GOYIM MIND CONTROL LAUGING I AM

DO NOT LOOK BACK

WRINT

|
PIE

I LOVE IT

HAHAHAHAHAHA

CALL THE POLICE IM HAVING A MENTAL BREAK DOWN
>>
>>24900152
That guy isn't /mu/ at all. Seems more like /pol/.
>>
>>24900152
That guy is DEFINITELY not from /mu/.
>>
>>24900177
seems more like legitimate mental illness.
>>
SERIOUSLU GUYS I CANT STOP LAUGPHING

AND SAYING JEWS CONTROL OP

SEND HELP GOYS HAHAHHA

MIXTAPE FIRE LAVA

HAHAHAH

NIGGAZ R LIKE JEWS WHO ATE CHOCOLA

CHOCOLA

HAHAHAHAHAH

SEMITE MIND CONTROL AT WORK FO SURE
HERE
AS YOU CAN SEE MUSIC HAS RADIO WAVE

CRACKLIN RADIO

DO NOT FALL FOR IT IS TRAP

DO NOT AT ANY CASE LISTEN TO THIS HOT FIRE LAVA MIXTAPE

NOT HEALTHY

JEWs aRE LOGGING UR IP AND THEY WILL STRIKE
>>
i will bookmark your site op

if the quality gets better id buy it even i think
>>
>>24897997
I have the same thing with a guy. His music hits the same lo-fi singer-songwriter chord with me as Daniel Johnston, and I just love it so passionately:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5ropxSlxkQ
https://theshortwavemystery.bandcamp.com/track/sympathy-for-britney-spears
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-x7lM97DeM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j_xA5EAoDw

But my favorite one is a song he did about Adam Lanza. I'm not sure if he wants it proliferated since he deleted it from his bandcamp, but it's legitimately one of my favorite songs.
>>
>>24900216
I SAW OP AT TITANIC AND DOWNFALL HITRAR OP IS CONTROLLING YOU

PLEASE SEE PAST GLASS DOME

IMAGING THE GLASS DOME BREAK IT IN YOUR MIND OP IS WORKING WITH THE JEWS

DO NOT FALL FOR HIS TRAP

REPEAT AFTER EM

GOY NOT GOYDAL LMAO

GOY NOT GOYDAY LMAO

ABAST OP DOG

please send help
>>
STOP FEEDING THE MACHINE GOY THEY ARE WATCHING
>>
File: carrotjuice.jpg (32 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
carrotjuice.jpg
32 KB, 500x375
>>24897455
>be me
>bassist, tenor banjo player and singer
>participate in local scene
>release album 3 years ago
>win local music award
>continue to play local shows
>nothing else happens
>continue to play local shows
>get weekly gig notbad.jpg
>make pretty shitty money
>doing a 5nighter at popular club next week
>getting ready to do another album

OP, to be an artist you have to enjoy the process and not be obsessed with fame or popularity. Art is something you do for yourself first, everything else is secondary.

I dig your music.. but how much of it is merely samples? Why/what is the point of a gig if you can't reproduce live what you are doing in your studio?
>>
>>24900249

GOY NOT GOYDAL LMAO

GOY NOT GOYDAY LMAO

ABAST OP DOG
>>
>>24900275
>but how much of it is merely samples?

Ever listen to The Books?
>>
shouting caps locks man here going to take a bath

don't fall for the jews while I scrub my dick brb
>>
>>24900275

You sound depressed you didn't get recognition, though.
>>
Op posts good music I like it
>>
https://soundcloud.com/farbagello

all i've really got are my vocals, every time i try to write my own music i end up scrapping it before it gets anywhere, and i'm not particularly good at guitar at keys
i do love covering other people's music though, big mix of fairly shit covers, going way back to like, early high school and stuff, i've had my soundcloud for like four years

gotta echo what other robots said in this thread btw OP, big brian wilson vibes from you, only listened to the first ep but will endeavour to listen to the second one asap, good work
>>
>>24900299
you have problems man
>>
>>24900335
nice stuff
>>
>Studying piano.
>Buy a book on technical piano stuff, like scales, chords, arpeggios, cadences.
>Practice them all the time.
>Like doing it. It's difficult but rewarding. Not even real music but I enjoy myself.
>Everyone I ask for advice on says, "DUDE YOU'RE GOING TO BE A SHIT MUSICIAN."
>b-b-but all the masters always s-s-say study this

Like... JUST
>>
>>24897455
heres my bandcamp:
halfpricedmeals.bandcamp.com
stoner rock and other garbage
>>
>>24900370
>Studying piano
WHY DO YOU TICKLE THE ELECTRONIC JEW YOU RACE THRAITOR
>>
>>24900396
STONERS A RE JEWS STOP THIS MARIJUANA ARE JEWS MIND CONTROL
>>
File: unfair.jpg (2 KB, 120x90) Image search: [Google]
unfair.jpg
2 KB, 120x90
>>24900398

Then... what SHOULD I be playing?!
>inb4 harpsicord
>>
>>24900292
no, i play blues/jazz/country/rock/shit from 1900-1930
>>
>had a sidethought sometimes that maybe I could do art for a living
Makes me laugh these days. You have to be ridiculously good, or come up with some meme-sort of shit that you can make a franchise out of.

I don't have it, I'm a simple hobbyist.
>>
>>24900421
harpsichord
>>
>>24900335
I Dumped you First is extremely qt. Your voice is soft and I want more happy songs from you Thank you.
>>
>>24897455
You've released one thing. Release more. More that appeals to more people. Try for a c418 style or, torley. That would sound great with your style.
>>
>>24900421
YOU MUST PLAY THE LUTE JEWS HATE THE LUTE THEY PLAY LITE WHEN THEY WIP THE JEWS OUT OF EUROPE

>>24900440
JEW ALERT THIS IZ IMPERSINATOR TERMINARE HIME
>>
File: rick.jpg (20 KB, 342x265) Image search: [Google]
rick.jpg
20 KB, 342x265
> mfw it actually wasn't that bad except for the singing.

faggot
>>
>>24900331
I have some local celebrity but thats about it.
doing radio interview on wednesday
>>
File: 1359619391885.jpg (80 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1359619391885.jpg
80 KB, 403x403
>>24897455
>The Queen And Her Child
Anon, what the fuck are you doing. You clearly just stole some orchestral instrumental and put your shitty off-pitch vocals over the top of it. Fucking embarrassing
>>
>>24900438
Listening to an album by The Books might change your stance on sampling.
>>
>>24900421
Theremin.
>>
>>24900470
HE IS A JEW
IT IS A TRAP

MIIIIIIIIIIIND FUCK CONTROL
>>
>>24900247
This guys writing is nothing like daniel johnston

Seems like a normie

Daniel Johnston is a robot.
>>
>>24900471
im not against sampling, but OP is like "i play all the instruments on it" when clearly he is not
>>
>>24900442
that's weird, i don't like that cover and i've been meaning to take it down, but thank you anon, i'll keep that in mind
>>
>>24900476
OriginalBased.
>>
DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD EXCEPT IF YOU ARE NOT SCARED OF A DARK EVAL JEWISH CURSE LMAO

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>24900493
except for the fact that i am. only song without live instruments is the last one, famalia.
>>
Dude, you're from Peterborough? I went to school there. I now live in Toronto. Let's jam. I have a friend who's good at the finer points of production whereas I'm of a more creative bent and play instruments + program in Logic and the like.

Serious, hmu. I like your style, I will fucking die if my life ends before I find proper artistic expression.
>>
>>24900552
gj. I could never figure out how to work a bow properly (but upright bass in genres i play is almost always pizzicato anways)
>>
>>24897455
I'm not able to listen to it right now but I'm in the same position pretty much. Will listen to it later and maybe contact you if you have the courage.
>>
File: ngbbs50b2aee151333.png (69 KB, 316x208) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs50b2aee151333.png
69 KB, 316x208
>>24900629
> I will fucking die if my life ends
>>
i am in stem and trust me buddy you will not meet a decent girl, unless your into nerds. but your musics still sucks
>>
>>24900629
Seriously man, I'm listening to your stuff and I can totally see us being a good duo, especially with some better production. Honestly, the production is shite, however good the music might be.
>>
If I have the courage I mean
>>
relevant pdf on mastering audio

http://stash.reaper.fm/3107/wdyrsla_061709.pdf
>>
>>24900629
>>24900651
>>24897455
Motherfucker answer me. I will stalk your bandcamp until you fucking answer me you fucking coward. Let's get fucking famous.
>>
>>24900665
>mastering

meant recording. going to bed, now.
>>
>>24900694
yo sorry dude i'm between sleeping and studying at the moment. email me :D
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.