[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How about instead of college...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1449804424183.jpg (9 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
1449804424183.jpg
9 KB, 275x183
You instead save up money from a regular job and invest in bonds?
>>
I got to go to college for free. Now I'm a NEET with a CS degree.
>>
What's to stop them from keeping your money illegally?
>>
I'm liking the rhyming in this thread, so far. Too bad I don't know what to say to keep it going
>>
At college I'll get to go on a shooting spree
>>
>>24897183
Nah, you get pittance back on bonds. It's not like the opposite of a credit card. If you actually succeed at the post-college career track then you'll make more upon entry than you would have saved in the four years from a diploma-level job.
And of course, there's no guarantee you'd get a job after either.
>>
>>24897183
Honestly, college is a meme in the US. It's oversaturated that's why you fucks cant get a job. Either find something blue collar like a trade and make 25-40 bucks an hour or find some other niche profession to make bux. Also: it really is about how much you spend, not how much you earn. Vanguard Index funds nigga.
>>
>>24897655
You're supposed to be able to spend money fucknut. Not sit on piles of it as it stacks up penny by penny while you slurp on chicken broth and rice.
>>
Because bonds have terribly low interest rates. They're a super safe investment, don't get me wrong, but be prepared to wait a few decades before they're even worth more than a few dollars more than you spent
>>
>Invest in bonds
>Year 1: Have $1000
>Year 2: Have $1010
>Year 3: Have $1020

Sounds amazing OP time to quit my job and invest in bonds
>>
>>24897183
fuck that id rather become a rapper
>>
>>24897800

Do that then and enjoy your life. I'll save my money thank you.
>>
File: 1440861823096.jpg (101 KB, 500x393) Image search: [Google]
1440861823096.jpg
101 KB, 500x393
>investing McDonalds paychecks into bonds
>>
>Invest in bonds
>Compounding interest means I'll be able to retire in 200 years
Thanks OP!
>>
>invest in bonds

why not just bury it in the backyard? just about the same return rate give or take
>>
File: jewfeel2.png (75 KB, 261x328) Image search: [Google]
jewfeel2.png
75 KB, 261x328
>>24897183
Investing McDonalds paycheck sounds like a very wise idea my friend
>>
huh how exactly would you go about that i wanna try
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.