[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you get into a massive argument with your family over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
>tfw you get into a massive argument with your family over stupid shit that actually matters a lot to you but sounds ridiculous out of context

>tfw your parents are old and extremely unlikely to change their ways at this point

>tfw more harm than good

Real life arguments are lame.
>>
>>24897010
>stupid shit that actually matters a lot to you but sounds ridiculous out of context

you know you have to greentext it

bring it, even without context
>>
>>24897037
I second this notion desu.
>>
>>24897010
>anon wants to 420 blaze it
>but parents say not under our roof
>>
I understand anon.
I also want a motorcycle.
>>
>>24897037

>11 years ago
>always had a very distant and rocky relationship with older sister growing up
>I'm 20 and she is 25 at the time
>I played Magic: The Gathering semi-seriously as a teen
>I go off to college but come home for the summer
>my sister has inexplicably picked up the game and plays it every day with one of our younger cousins
>I begin playing the game with my sister every day and we bond over it

>one day my father has been having a hard time working on a tractor
>he comes in the house and has a hateful meltdown about how we're always sitting around doing nothing and we need to get off our ass and do some work
>my sister also has a meltdown and screams at him
>we never play again
>two of my high school friends were there who would come over from time to time
>they never come over again, I quickly lose contact with them
>my sister and I again grow distant
1/2
>>
>mom is burger spurdo if he somehow weren't a retarded fat pedobear
>dad is a bill maher level leftie
>>
>>24897298
2/2

>today
>my nephew is interested in Yu-gi Oh!
>ride along with my parents to K-mart since it is near christmas and we haven't gone anywhere together in a long time
>I instruct my mother which card game is which at the department store to buy a set of cards for my nephew as a christmas present
>in the truck my dad says he is surprised my mom would do that considering how she was always against me playing cards
>my mom was never anything but completely supportive
>she was very happy my sister and I connected on this one thing
>I am shocked and say he is wrong, and bring up that day
>he says she forced him to do it and he did nothing wrong
>I tell him she would never do anything like that and no one held a gun to his head anyway
>he maintains he had no choice in the matter and my mom was irate
>I sit in silence until we get home trying to decide if I want to continue this because it can't go well
>I have to do it, I can't let him continue thinking he has done nothing
>I ask my mom if she really did force him
>she says she can't remember but it seems very out of character for her and it would not make sense
>he maintains his story

All I want him to say is he had a choice in the matter. Even if his version of the story is true and he was put up to it by my mother he's still responsible for his actions at the end of the day. That's all, for the good or the bad.

Like I said, pretty lame and boring family problem. Now you can go ahead and take his side and call me a virgin/NEET/autist/etc as is the custom
>>
>>24897298
>>24897366
holy fuck and I thought my family's arguments were stupid this shits unreal
>>
>>24897359
My Dad is just...pretty dumb. That's the thing I always have to remind myself. He had extremely low grades in school and was barely able to achieve his diploma. He and my mom joke about her helping him cheat on some tests.

So when I'm trying to discuss things with him I often have to bite my tongue over some of the things he says. Sometimes in the past I have come off as a smart-ass correcting him when I probably should have just let it go.

Now my dad is very obese and nearly diabetic. I think his mind is even slower than it used to be. And he is getting up there in age (and so am I). So any arguments we have now I end up feeling like a piece of shit because it's not going to change anything, only hurt feelings, and I don't want to damage what relationship we do have left.
>>
>>24897469
I believe it is now your turn to greentext, anon.
>>
>>24897469
Also the thing that made me go hard on this topic was him basically saying my mom was against something I had a serious interest in at the time when it was the exact opposite. I couldn't abide him continuing to go on with this huge misconception about my life history.

I don't even play Magic anymore. I gave it up years ago because it is such a time sink and it -is- a poor excuse for a social life. But it still made up a huge part of who I was during a certain time in my life.

I've won tournaments. Pretty decent sized ones. When I told my dad all I got was a short "that's good". He never even looked away from the television.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.