[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear robots, How do I become a man? Or rather, how do I start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 454x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 454x276
Dear robots,

How do I become a man? Or rather, how do I start respecting myself as a man?

I really struggle with this concept t.b.h
>>
Have faith and confidence in yourself
>>
>>24895241

Not cutting it f.a.m.

Maybe i should join the military? Keep thinking I need to toughen up

I'm a middle class white kid and I've been over protected my whole life with video games, computers, and never really going outside and dealing with the world. Previous generations, e.g my grandfather, never had these luxuries, and these crutches - they had to learn how to be men. Is it worrying for our generation that we are over protected from these real world challenges? I think it is.

It's like masculinity is dead, or in disarray. Man's desire for security and comfort, and woman's desire for liberation, have made us all too soft.
>>
Bumping for justice here.
>>
How to be "manly" is going to the gym

How to stand tall like a real man is basically >>24895241
>>
>>24895214
Drink the blood of a dying animal
>>
>>24895454
Some fundamentals of being a man in my opinion is working towards goal(s), autonomy, and freedom. The last one (freedom) i'll emphasis because once you reproduce you stop being a man and become a father. A man is not defined by toughness or anything like that which is a reflection of a womans standards or a collective concept. Society and women have created a collective consensus of a man like tall, strong, facial hair, handsome etc etc. Finally by joining the military you wont be a man since youre giving up your freedom. Think about this
>>
beat up a women that you said you loved after you cheated on her bam what???
>>
>>24895214
Get a boyfriend. Two men is always manlier than a man and a woman.
>>
>>24895214
You probably have low testosterone if it doesn't come natural to you. Hit the gym, get some sun, cut the shitty foods out. See your doctor if you don't start feeling more masculine after 6 months.
>>
Do you want to respect yourself OP?
>>
File: y2jnxn4c4ni8.jpg (19 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
y2jnxn4c4ni8.jpg
19 KB, 403x403
>mfw I can never consider myself a man until I've proven myself in battle
>mfw no wars worth fighting in atm
>>
wear the damn collar inside the sweater vest like a real man!!
>>
>>24895214
Masculinity is a myth made up by the media and women in order to control you
>>
>>24896466
stop watching so much anime fampai
>>
>>24896502
Have only ever watched DBZ, and I was about 11 at the time.
>>
>>24895214
Stop using meme acronyms you fucking child.
>>
File: 1419852234562.jpg (91 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
1419852234562.jpg
91 KB, 500x498
>>24896466
>You're not a real man until you've killed another person
>>
You must be swift as a coursing river
With all the force of a great typhoon
With all the strength of a raging fire
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon
>>
Step 1. Stop giving a fuck
You are giving a fuck right now by even caring about being a man, part of being a man is simply being without worry about what you are.

Step 2. Do whatever the fuck you want to
Get a job if that'll make you happy, if you don't care, play vidya and be comfy all day. Literally doing whatever you want to do is what being a man is all about, that and not giving a shit what anyone else thinks. Why do you think all the old guys you meet are always making the dirtiest jokes you've ever heard? Cause they know the secret to being a man, it's called not caring.
>>
>>24895214
First, remember that you're intrinsically etter than 50% of the population.
>>
>>24896590
This is how you become a man
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.